It’s The Draculas Vs. The Zombies In LAST BLOOD!!

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3if7b717939831cbe24d5dcdbe8e53df6b

It sounds like the kind of bedtime story Stewie Griffin would love.

"Family Guy" showrunner/executive producer David A. Goodman has been hired to adapt the Blatant Comics horror property "Last Blood" into a feature film screenplay. Benderspink is producing.

"Last Blood," created by Bobby Crosby and Chris Crosby, follows the human survivors of a zombie massacre who find themselves protected by a band of vampires who need their blood to survive.

Goodman, repped by UTA and Benderspink, has an overall TV deal with 20th Century Fox. The Emmy-nominated writer-producer also has scripted an in-development remake of the 1978 comedy "Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?" for producer Eric Gold at Warner Bros.

Benderspink has several other comic properties in development, including "The Ghouly Boys" at Mandate Pictures and "Y: The Last Man" and "Power and Glory" at New Line.

When I read "Last Blood," I thought Stallone had finally gone off the deep end. I remember he promised a Rambo V with a whole new genre (to which many speculated sci-fi) and I just thought "Dear God, its Rambo vs Dracula and zombies."

last blood is online if anyone cares to read it. a lot of promise. some really cool ideas, some pretty bad dialogue sometimes, and you can really see the art improve as it goes along. thats my quick review. a movie though. eh. will probably suck honestly. :o

I honestly think the concept sounds incredibly cool and pretty unique (how often do you see a zombie movie with that kind of twist? Vampires protecting the humans so they can feed...)...It sounds like a very fresh take on two very tired sub-genres and I will probably follow this with great interest.

handled carefully it could be great, but i really think this isnt gonna get that kinda treatment. :csad:

I honestly think the concept sounds incredibly cool and pretty unique (how often do you see a zombie movie with that kind of twist? Vampires protecting the humans so they can feed...)...It sounds like a very fresh take on two very tired sub-genres and I will probably follow this with great interest.

pretty much exactly what i was going to say. it's just easier to quote you than write it myself.

i wonder who would be a good choice to do this? i'd suggest James Gunn, the guy who directed Slither.

Wait...Vampires? And ZOMBIES? In the same movie? Sigh...I have only one thing to say to that...

WHEN CAN I WATCH IT!?!?!?!?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"