It was a good decade

kooguy911

Sidekick
Reaction score
more than 10 years worth of DCAU. Wow. Congrats we are lucky it made it this far. Now, its being corrupted with new kiddy shows such as "the batman" and "teen titans". This is the end.The end. The end.

We have a few DTV left, but as you all know, that is not worth the same as a season.

Lets all pay tribute to that which was... the DC Animiated Universe.

7812_21121_1.jpg

Batman The Animated Series

Batman%20&%20Robin%20TAS.jpg

The Adventures of Batman and Robin

040805a1.jpg

The New Batman Animated Series

Superman.jpg

Superman The Animated Series

Batman_beyond.JPG

Batman Beyond

Justice%20League%20anime.jpg

Justice League/Unlimited

i dont consider that part of the DCAU although it does have some continuties, i count that in the "the batman" category.

kooguy911 said:
i dont consider that part of the DCAU although it does have some continuties, i count that in the "the batman" category.

But Static Shock and the Zeta Project were in continuity with the DCAU, the Batman and Teen Titans are not.

kooguy911 said:
more than 10 years worth of DCAU. Wow. Congrats we are lucky it made it this far. Now, its being corrupted with new kiddy shows such as "the batman" and "teen titans". This is the end.The end. The end.

We have a few DTV left, but as you all know, that is not worth the same as a season.

Lets all pay tribute to that which was... the DC Animiated Universe.

7812_21121_1.jpg

Batman The Animated Series

Batman%20&%20Robin%20TAS.jpg

The Adventures of Batman and Robin

040805a1.jpg

The New Batman Animated Series

Superman.jpg

Superman The Animated Series

Batman_beyond.JPG

Batman Beyond

Justice%20League%20anime.jpg

Justice League/Unlimited
Yep. Good times... very good times. Rest In Peace, DCAU. May a flight of angels sing you to your rest.

I Liked Static Shock. It should be included, not Zeta though. That would just be stupid. I mean Static had alot of guest Appearances by Bats and a 2 parter with the JL and one Stand alone with GL. He was more in Continuity than Zeta.

They were all such great series, but it sucks because I was born the same year that BTAS started. So it is difficult to find these shows any more & watching it on youtube hardly does it justice.

What happened to the good cartoons? The ones that had interesting story lines, that didn't pull back from its full potential just so that it will appeal to the little kiddies. That had dialogue & were character driven, instead of some bad guy being beaten up for half an hour. It seems few people are interested in using animation as a form of art any more...This makes me feel old even though I am only fourteen.

Now all we have is this ******ed anime crap, that has incomprehensible plot lines, ceizure inducing scenes & pointlesss violence.

I can only hope that this is just a temporary phase as with the sad excuses for movies these days.

And who knows, maybe Cartoon Network might realise the error of their ways & reward us with a Green Lantern series. *Hint, hint*

Hush said:
I Liked Static Shock. It should be included, not Zeta though. That would just be stupid. I mean Static had alot of guest Appearances by Bats and a 2 parter with the JL and one Stand alone with GL. He was more in Continuity than Zeta.

The Zeta Project was a spin-off from Batman Beyond and Batman appeared in that show too. Despite it's quality, it's still incontinuity with the DCAU.

Static and Zeta are in the DCAU.
Static wasnt at first, but it later became part of it.
The Zeta Project was a spin-off of Batman Beyond, making it an extended part of the DCAU.

yeah you guys are right i guess.

Also i forgot to add batman and superman animated series.

But still, those were the highlights.

Really, I still dont want to belive it ends here. All we have now is history and a few DTVs.

Spider-Girl said:
They were all such great series, but it sucks because I was born the same year that BTAS started. So it is difficult to find these shows any more & watching it on youtube hardly does it justice.

What happened to the good cartoons? The ones that had interesting story lines, that didn't pull back from its full potential just so that it will appeal to the little kiddies. That had dialogue & were character driven, instead of some bad guy being beaten up for half an hour. It seems few people are interested in using animation as a form of art any more...This makes me feel old even though I am only fourteen.

Now all we have is this ******ed anime crap, that has incomprehensible plot lines, ceizure inducing scenes & pointlesss violence.

I can only hope that this is just a temporary phase as with the sad excuses for movies these days.

And who knows, maybe Cartoon Network might realise the error of their ways & reward us with a Green Lantern series. *Hint, hint*

I agree. i wish thier was more shows, movies, & video games that have potential, charcter depth, drivin plot, & wisdom to live by. it does indeed suck that thieir,s not really anymore of those types of shows, movies, & video games.

I hate how movies & tv shows these days are remakes of old ones or something based from a similar idea of an older one. Like that Five Children & It, man that movie sucked & it couldn't have legally been more like The Chronciles Of Narnia if they tried. And we don't want another cop movie, even if it is with a "twist".

It seems that most directors or writers are fan fic writers kidnapped from their homes & forced to create some thing completely original. I am not dissing fan fic writers, it is just that they write about something that already exists & change it a little which is what seems to be on tv with out giving direct credit to the "inspiration".

if your refering to the DCAU, your going to get widley flamed and i would not have said that.. particuarly in this thread here.

But we love to see our favorite comic book heros on the tv and movies and im not sure what your talking about there..

I'm suprised you forgot to add Krypto the Super dog!

Just kidding.

But yes, good shows, a shame they ended.

Nah, I could never get enough of superhero movies. I was reffering to remakes of fairy tales (man, if I see Peter Pan remade one more time I swear I will buy a gun) or any other classic story that was better of in its original form.

I think Superhero movies get better as the special effects get better & you can't go wrong with at least thirty years worth of pre-made stories from the comics.

CaptainStacy said:
Is there a link to any info about the upcoming DTV's?

To date, there has been no official mention of DCAU DTV's other than Brainaic Attacks (which I'm still hoping will be ok, despite implications to the contrary.) But I'm confident that at least one will be produced in the near future.

Goodbye DCAU (Dini/Timmverse). :(
Hello new DCAU with The Batman, Teen Titans, (New Upcoming) Superman, Legion of Superheroes. :( :mad: :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"