It's a Bird! It's a Plane! David Corenswet IS Superman!

oh, ok, i thought i read that somewhere, maybe getting mixed up with the Robert Pattinson Batman time frame .
if they are already in a relationship that might hurt the movie, as seeing lois lane and superman coming together from scratch in the donnerverse was very satisfying to watch i thought.
I look at them being together already as a plus, it makes the world feel lived in especially for characters the audience is generally familiar with. Retreading on them starting their relationship from the beginning is a bit like having to see the krypton origin again, we've kind of been there and done that many times over and we know the result. At this point at we already know they end up together. So let's spend more time with them already together because there's so much more room for chemistry and story telling there. It's a world where heroes and villains are already established, I think some romantic relationships can benefit from that kind of world building as well. That's my take at least, I could easily be wrong. Lol

yeah, ok, i guess it could work, or at least we might get to see Lois finding out his secret id in this film, if she only knows him as clark, that could be something they might want to explore.

Gunn said it’s about Clark’s “early days at the Daily Planet,” so I doubt he and Lois are established as a couple already. Regardless, the mere fact that the casting of both characters came down to chemistry tests tells me they’re definitely getting more focus a pairing this go-round. Those reports describing Lois as a true co-lead are probably not far off the mark. Variety said the film focuses more on his civilian identity and is more of a “workplace” story than previous incarnations.

well that's me told then, lol, i guess they will be focusing a lot on reporter clark, but im glad they will be getting together during the course of the film, i feel we'd be missing out if we are getting multiple films with them, they need a solid foundation.
they need those chemistry auditions, as i always thought that kate bosworth and brandon routh felt like strangers in sr, on the rooftop scene specifically when hes blowing out her cigarette, and that makes sense as there was probably no auditions for chemistry, kate bosworth was brought over as a package deal with kevin spacey as she was in that 'beyond the sea' flick, that spacey directed, i always felt like it was a condition of spacey's that he would only take the role if she was cast as lois and it hurt the movie.
oh well, that sounds at least different from all the previous superman flicks though, could be great.

It was the "cub reporter" line that had been floating around, I remember him shooting that down. He does say earlier years, but "years" is enough time for them to establish a relationship. Imo. In MAWS it happens within months.

Didn't Gunn come out and already clear up the part about it being hid early days at the planet? Something to the effect that he said the media ran with it but it was nothing he ever said. It was the "cub reporter" line that had been floating around, I remember him shooting that down.
No he said it wasn’t a “workplace origin story” as was initially reported, because Clark’s already working there at the beginning of the movie.

Also, worth being reminded about these comments:

jaa-1.png
F03OtDhWAAIkgNW-1-1.jpg

Think he's made it clear in everything I've heard from him, that Clarks Metropolis life is hugely important to the story, especially his relationship with Lois. They are the core of the film.

I wonder if Superman is part of the League already or are they trying to recruit him. 🤔

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the League doesn't exist yet. Regardless, I'm just happy that we're finally getting a live-action film that features Superman having proper interactions with other costumed heroes.

I think this film will be like going to your favorite shop and picking up an issue of Superman.
He's already established and you already know all the characters.
There is No need to tell you the origins of anyone, you just dive right in.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if Clark and Lois were already together. The goal for any big movie is to appeal to as many people as possible. Eliminating the typical will-they-won't-they romantic subplot in favor of presenting the main characters as an established couple might risk disengaging a significant demographic that enjoys the allure of budding love stories. I would predict a relationship closer to Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, they clearly have history and are comfortable enough with each other where they can tease/flirt. Like a friends-become-lovers story.

I would be surprised if Clark and Lois were already together. The goal for any big movie is to appeal to as many people as possible. Eliminating the typical will-they-won't-they romantic subplot in favor of presenting the main characters as an established couple might risk disengaging a significant demographic that enjoys the allure of budding love stories...
But traditionally, that romance has relied heavily on the fanciful Supes-Clark-Lois love “triangle” and the dubious glasses disguise. So although many moviegoers might want to revisit this bit of nostalgia, I’m wondering if there’s a sizeable number who thinks it’s too silly or too dated.

I suppose you could avoid the problem by having Lois know Clark’s secret. That way, there might still be the will-they-won’t-they? sexual tension — but without the disguise shenanigans. :shrug:

I think you can have Clark & Lois in a 'will they, won't they' for a while, without her actively going after Superman in a romantic way.

MAWS did that perfectly. There's clearly chemistry on both sides for Lois & Clark, but they do a bit of relationship chicken for a few episodes while letting their guards down a bit.

Lois is still going after Superman - but as a story, not as a potential romantic relationship.

If Lois goes after superman as a story , she might end up fancying him as well as Clark and then end up finding out they are the same guy, after choosing Clark over Superman.
but then again i doubt that will happen as it's the same plot from Batman Forever. lol

I can't see her chasing Superman for a story in this film, I'd assume some variation of the first interview has happened already between Superman and Lois, but maybe still have a "chase" dynamic between Lois And Clark

I think all of this is so dependant on where they are in the timeline of certain things. There's too many possible variations right now.

For example, Clark might not be new to journalism, but he could be new to the planet, new to working with Lois. They also could have been working at the Daily Planet together for years already. They could be rivals, they could also be partners. They could be no where near romantic yet, they could be banter flirty, they could be dating... or already together, and she already knows.

Maybe she's already interviewed Superman and interacted with him loads. Or maybe she never has. Maybe no one has. Maybe someone else got the hot scoop because she was working on other stories like in S&L and she only ends up interacting with Superman in this film because her current story (Lex) uncovers a vendetta against him?

Who knows. I wish we knew more... but we really don't 😅

Given how this was one of the film's inspiration images that James Gunn shared, I'm assuming we'll get some type of emphasis on Clark/Superman's relationship with Lois in this film.

superman-and-lois-lane-kiss-in-the-dc-rebirth-era-of-comics.jpg

oh no, Lois has lost one of her shoes, shes in her socks, this is gonna be controversial like that football and the dog ball, it could hit someone on the ground, why does superman have to be so reckless that he lets his girlfriends shoes fall off while they are flying, this is gonna be another controversial superman film, women should always wear shoes while flying, james gunn does not understand superman or women going outside in their socks, bring back zach snyder, at least amy adams knew to keep her shoes on, i think margot kidder was in her slippers when she went flying, so donner gets a pass, i highly doubt a slipper is gonna kill anyone but a leather shoe could, this post has no full stops, help.

This superman is supposedly already established, so I'm betting clark at the DP is also.
Clark should be a top notch reporter by now, WITH a history between he and Lois.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"