"It's the car right, chicks love the car"-The Batmobile Thread

spidermanJLA!~

SUPERHERO
Reaction score
The Batmobile makes for a cool thing to look at, and it makes a great chase scene! After Nolan's Bat-Tank Tumbler, I think we need a nice sleek, yet high tech design. Not too theatrical, like the 90's movies, but still having the traditional Batmobile look.

I like this look...minus the vandalism lol

BATMOBILE_FINAL_WEATHERED_DG_02.jpg

Batman is not about the aestetics, but practicality. I prefer a bigger and hulkier batmovil, capable of withstanding damage but achieve great speed without loosing the grip...

Batman is not about the aestetics, but practicality.

A character who has for the most part consistently since the 40's been depicted as styling his vehicles, matching boats, planes, etc. with extravagant fins, grills, trim, etc. conveying a styled bat theme.
You'd have to suddenly erase almost 75 years of depiction of what the character did with his car.

Last edited:
The Arkham Asylum Batmobile was probably my favorite version of the vehicle.

The Burton Batmobile is still my favorite live action version so far.

A character who has for the most part consistently since the 40's been depicted as styling his vehicles, matching boats, planes, etc. with extravagant fins, grills, trim, etc. conveying a styled bat theme.
You'd have to suddenly erase almost 75 years of depiction of what the character did with his car.

Iterations from time to time of different artist and writers. The same with the different backgrounds, MO, stories. A lone man that is in a war against the criminal world itself won't worry about the aesthetics or matching sets at all, except to extend his power of theatricality and deception.

A batmobile full of flashy lights, his friggin' face in the front of the car doesn't feel very "dark-knight" at all. When I imagine Batman, i feel kind of a militar atmosphere, practicallity over looks; a Batmobile capable of withstanding heavy damage, pitch-black.

Iterations from time to time of different artist and writers. The same with the different backgrounds, MO, stories. A lone man that is in a war against the criminal world itself won't worry about the aesthetics or matching sets at all, except to extend his power of theatricality and deception.

A batmobile full of flashy lights, his friggin' face in the front of the car doesn't feel very "dark-knight" at all. When I imagine Batman, i feel kind of a militar atmosphere, practicallity over looks; a Batmobile capable of withstanding heavy damage, pitch-black.

What you just described is "Dark Knight" movie Batman. For decades, there have been different Batmobiles used, some flashier and fancier than others. While I don't want the Schumacher version, I also don't want the Nolan version to return (and I don't hate or even dislike the Tumbler. I actually thought it was quite badass. I just want to see something different this time around).

I guess it really all depends on the tone and look of the movie. Burton's Batmobile would've looked out of place in Nolan's movies, and Nolan's would've looked out of place in Burton's. Since I think we are going to get a more "superhero" Batman this time around, I hope we get a matching Batmobile.

1938_Phantom_Corsair2.jpeg

PhantomCorsair.jpeg

the phantom corsair i posted in the other thread.

citroen-taranis-concept-09.jpeg

citroen taranis concept 2011

ex11008ps003.jpg

ex11008ps006.jpg

Peugeot+EX1.jpg

peugeot ex 1

all courtesy of ukadapta.blogspot

800px-Festival_automobile_international_2011_-_Peugeot_EX1_-_01.jpg

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAPdMC0y9Wk[/YT]

It would be cool if the new Batmobile was less like a car and was a unique jet-like car hybrid. Although it all depends on how they approach it.

Probably the least flashy Batmobile ever was the black Corvette of the O'Neill/Adams days in the 70s. Even that had a silhouette of Batman's head on the hood. I don't count the red roaster that Batman drove in the 40s as a Batmobile. The original bat motifed vehicle was the ornithopter. In the 40s. A more comic book/superhero Batman, of the sort that would not be out of place in the same universe with Superman and Green Lantern, is definitely about aesthetics. He combines his bat theme with functionality.

What you just described is "Dark Knight" movie Batman. For decades, there have been different Batmobiles used, some flashier and fancier than others. While I don't want the Schumacher version, I also don't want the Nolan version to return (and I don't hate or even dislike the Tumbler. I actually thought it was quite badass. I just want to see something different this time around).

I guess it really all depends on the tone and look of the movie. Burton's Batmobile would've looked out of place in Nolan's movies, and Nolan's would've looked out of place in Burton's. Since I think we are going to get a more "superhero" Batman this time around, I hope we get a matching Batmobile.

Not just the Dark Knight. There are several versions that makes the Batmobile look powerfull and durable, yet maneuverable and responsive.

This one makes a neat example:

That iteration feels bulkier than Burton's batmobile, yet slimmer and more aerodinamic than the TUMBLER or the Bat-Riot-Control-Mobile from Frank Miller's universe. I can imagine Batman will use the RiotControlMobile in a urban warfare situation; such as TDKR (Miller), TDKR (Nolan), etc...

Batman must instill fear and have presence in the streets, and an agressive-looking armored car seems cut the deal.

Probably the least flashy Batmobile ever was the black Corvette of the O'Neill/Adams days in the 70s. Even that had a silhouette of Batman's head on the hood. I don't count the red roaster that Batman drove in the 40s as a Batmobile. The original bat motifed vehicle was the ornithopter. In the 40s. A more comic book/superhero Batman, of the sort that would not be out of place in the same universe with Superman and Green Lantern, is definitely about aesthetics. He combines his bat theme with functionality.

Yes, but Batman's theme is fear. And several light-hearted versions of Batman AND the Batmobile have nothing to really do with the atmosphere.

Batman is a dark, serious and gritty character, and trying to set him in a world of childish logic and over-used fantasy doesn't make any sense in my opinion.

Writers have been incapable over the years to come up with good impressive stories to follow in a coherent cannon and stable universe (with a few exceptions, of course). But it happens in a wide range of comics, were they exceed their power as writers and creators of a new piece for the "puzzle", in each story to their use. Bending the "rules" set in each world. Characters, gadgets, powers, scenes, etc...

Anyone attended the live stage show yet? I missed the European tour but am hoping it will return to the UK soon. What are your opinions on the Batmobile design?

batman-live-batmobile-image.jpg

ЯɘvlveR;24280111 said:
citroen taranis concept 2011

ex11008ps003.jpg

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAPdMC0y9Wk[/YT]

:wow: I gotta get me one of these

I've just NOW made the connection between Kilmer's line in BF and O'Donnell's line in B&R...God, I'm slow.

Anyone attended the live stage show yet? I missed the European tour but am hoping it will return to the UK soon. What are your opinions on the Batmobile design?

batman-live-batmobile-image.jpg

WAAY too theatrical, in a way. It looks like a giant missile and I don't like the pointed look.

Batman is not about the aestetics, but practicality. I prefer a bigger and hulkier batmovil, capable of withstanding damage but achieve great speed without loosing the grip...

um...batman is ALL about the aesthetic. theatricality and all that sh**. Hell, they even address this in Batman Begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"