Demimonde

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
By Garth Franklin
Wednesday, January 17th 2018 6:47 am

J.J. Abrams has reportedly penned a new sci-fi drama television series that is currently the subject of a bidding war between Apple and HBO.
The Live Feed reports that details of the project are being kept under wraps but it will deal with a world battling against a monstrous, oppressive force.
Abrams and Ben Stephenson will executive produce and while he’s produced a few series in recent years (“Westworld,” “Castle Rock”), this project would mark Abrams’ first TV writing effort since “Fringe” a decade ago.
Though Apple and HBO are the favourites, producer Warner Bros. TV is reportedly open to other bids.

I’m down for this but I wanna hear more about it first.

Please don't end up on Apple

Interested, definitely. Want to hear more.

When I first opened the thread I thought it said that the show was about a "bidding war between Apple and HBO."

J.J. Abrams Sci-Fi Drama 'Demimonde' Lands at HBO With Series Pickup
Shopped as a spec script, sources say the Abrams drama is about a family — consisting of a mother who works as a scientist, her husband and their young daughter — who all get into a terrible car crash. After the mother winds up in a coma, her daughter begins digging through her experiments in the basement and winds up transporting to another land amid a world's battle against a monstrous, oppressive force. Her father then follows her into this new world. HBO is only describing the series as "an epic and intimate sci-fi fantasy drama."

Sources note that Abrams was impressed with what the premium cable network did with Westworld, making HBO the front-runner for the series over deep-pocketed rival Apple.

Sounds cool. I wonder what the "monstrous, oppressive force" will be and what the significance of the title is.

Well, HBO does have the means to handle "epic". I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

I wonder how "young" is young. Like, Stranger Things young?

Probably should merge threads

Curb Your Enthusiasm is still around?

I thought they changed the name of this to Contraband.

No, I remember it being Demimonde to start with, and I can still find the articles about it changing to Contraband. Maybe they changed it back to Demimonde.

J.J. Abrams Taps Danielle Deadwyler to Star in HBO’s ‘Demimonde’ – The Hollywood Reporter
Four years after landing at HBO, J.J. AbramsDemimonde is finally coming into focus.

Danielle Deadwyler has been cast as the lead in the HBO drama that marks the first series that the prolific writer, producer and director has created since Fox’s Fringe.

Demimonde follows what happens after a woman is torn away from her husband and daughter in a brutal scientific accident as she is forced to unravel a conspiracy to reunite with her family that has been lost to a dark, distant other world.

Deadwyler, who is fresh off a leading role in HBO Max’s critically praised limited series Station Eleven, will star as Olive Reed, the woman at the center of the drama.

I thought this project was dead.

First Zaslav's comments that Clint Eastwood's film should have never been greenlit and a few days later this drama. So much for Discovery restoring the "WB is the creators friendly studio" image.

It’s a company first and honestly these moves make most financial sense. For Cry Macho, why on earth would you agree to make a movie that you know will lose money? No actor/director should be above financial common sense.

It’s a company first and honestly these moves make most financial sense. For Cry Macho, why on earth would you agree to make a movie that you know will lose money? No actor/director should be above financial common sense.

Money laundering.

No, but I assume they looked at the box office for his last movie with them, The Mule, which was a huge hit and thought the same may be repeated. They do this all the time when someone delivers them a big financial hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"