Overlook on HBO Max

Man in the Suit

We're the Ones Who Live
Reaction score
J.J. Abrams Sets 3 HBO Max Shows: Justice League Dark, 'The Shining' Spinoff, 'Duster'

Overlook, a spinoff of sorts based on the iconic hotel featured in Stephen King's 1977 novel and subsequent 1980 feature The Shining, features iconic characters from the horror thriller. It explores the untold, terrifying stories of the most famous haunted hotel in American fiction. The project reunites Bad Robot, King and Warner Bros. TV following Hulu anthology Castle Rock. The 10-episode drama, sources say, is being written and exec produced by Dustin Thomason and Scott Brown, who both previously worked on Castle Rock. The series has, per sources, also opened a mini writers room to get a jump on scripts during the industry-wide production shutdown.

It makes it sound like an anthology series. I'm not too interested in single episode anthology series, for the most part. If it's not, then I'd be interested.

I'm actually the opposite, I hope that they're one off-single episodes. So much more potential there.

I’m pretty weary of this as I was really not a fan of Castle Rock.

I’m pretty weary of this as I was really not a fan of Castle Rock.

I was a fan of some performances (season 1 - Sissy Spacek, season 2 - Lizzy Caplan and Paul Sparks) but the stories and King-verse connections weren't exactly riveting.

Fingers crossed that’s the case. My immediate fear was that it would go to one of the streamers I have no intention of subscribing to.

If HBO passed on a Bad Robot production its probably ****. Would also explain why Netflix is eager to pick it up.

Bull****. The Dark Tower can’t get green lit, but here’s a show about the hotel in The Shining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"