Those Avatar fans think Ewya (or whatever the goddess is called) in Avatar is actually real.

They do? Most of the posts i see seem just partly "make believe", just like in the Star Wars and Star Trek forums. I saw one post there saying Avatar had already sliped public conscience and most people don't care anymore, none of the reactions and answers to that post were negative, most of them actualy agreed. The crazies thing some of them have done there is learning na'vi, but then again, that same of thing can be found with Star Trek, Game of thrones and Tolkien fans. The post above is a person talking about how much impact Avatar has had on his life, then he says something in the Na'vi language. I don't think that's much different than the large number of people saying the exact same thing regarding Star Wars and then saying "may the force be with you". Only difference is that the SW fandom is more accepted in the geek community than Avatar's.

If you wanna go for crazy stuff in internet forums, then search for that Buffy online forum where a single user was the only person posting, even answering her oun questons, if i'm not mistaken, she did that nonstop for some 6 years.

Last edited:
I haven't checked it out in a while. But I remember a topic asking if Ewya actually exists.

I haven't checked it out in a while. But I remember a topic asking if Ewya actually exists.

It was most likely asked by a kid. Remember when the Matrix spawned an actual religion?

What happens if it was asked by a 48 year old dude?

What happens if it was asked by a 48 year old dude?

Then it's a guy who seriously needs to find help, almost every fandom has people like that, doesn't make them the norm, or even that big a percentage of the fandom.

i think it would be easier if we didnt hear all of this bulls... for 5 years.....ups 6 f.. years. scripts,writting,writting,scripts, bla bla bla.

Spielberg,Scorsese and all other big directors will say this after the last avatar sequel will be realesed.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/08/francis-ford-coppola-star-wars-george-lucas
“I think Star Wars, it’s a pity, because George Lucas was a very experimental crazy guy and he got lost in this big production and never got out of it

he is so rich sooooooooo rich that he is not doing this for money. he loves this world. what a waste of time and talent. James f.. Cameron.

Every fandom has some crazy peoples.

Yup Star Wars are far from immune to that.

While this isn't the same category Star Wars fans do seem to be overrating the impact the new film will have imo, from another forum:

I had another vision of The Force Awaken's Oscar Run, and it's even clearer than last time.

I foresaw
18 Nominations
Best Picture
Best Director
Best Actor - John Boyega
Best Actress - Daisey Ridley
Best Supporting Actor - Harrison Ford
Best Supporting Actress - Carrie Fisher
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Cinematography
Best Editing
Best Costume Design
Best Production Design
Best Make Up and Hairstyling
Best Score
Best Song
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Visual Effects
Best Documentary Feature

While this isn't the same category Star Wars fans do seem to be overrating the impact the new film will have imo, from another forum:

:lmao: How delusional can you get?!

Okay, extremely unlikely not happening in almost all those categories, but at least it qualifies for them. But...documentary? I...I don't understand where the logic here is...

I think that's the poster's way of saying "I'm just screwing with you guys" right at the end there.

Ha, I didn't even notice the Best Documentary thing until Snow pointed it out.

For some reason I thought that said documentary short and I thought they might be producing something for the film.

Anyways there were quite a few posters arguing that harrison ford at least would get a nomination for supporting actor.

Star Wars in reality never does great in acting nods during awards season.

Star Wars in reality never does great in acting nods during awards season.

It's only gotten one acting nomination: Alec Guinness for Best Supporting Actor back in 1977. Probably the only performance in the saga that warrants a nomination save for maybe Frank Oz as Yoda in ESB.

The really funny thing is that Sam Worthington needs these sequels way more than Zoe Saldana does. Zoe's been killing it with Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy. She's truly this generation's Sigourney Weaver.

The really funny thing is that Sam Worthington needs these sequels way more than Zoe Saldana does. Zoe's been killing it with Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy. She's truly this generation's Sigourney Weaver.

Is she contractually obligated to come back for these, because she could totally opt out if she wanted.

Is she contractually obligated to come back for these, because she could totally opt out if she wanted.
how stupid would she have to be to not come back?
3 movies? 3 movieeeeeeeeees? the paycheck is going ot be insane. and because the first one made over 2 billion and Guardians was so popular her agent is or will get her a fantastic deal.

Saldana is killing it in ST?

She stood out more as Uhura than she did in Guardians of the Galaxy, where she was overshadowed by everyone else on the team.

Yeah, i see no reason for why she wouldn't want to come back, i mean, the last films is still the biggest film of them all, she will get a realy fat paycheck, the next films will most likely blow up too (even if not in as large a scale) and we haven't heard anything to suggest that the work environment in Avatar was that stressful or bad, unlike Titanic, where Cameron aparently made all his actors go through hell.

Titanic's production was nothing compared to the hellfire that was the Abyss.

Yeah, i see no reason for why she wouldn't want to come back, i mean, the last films is still the biggest film of them all, she will get a realy fat paycheck, the next films will most likely blow up too (even if not in as large a scale) and we haven't heard anything to suggest that the work environment in Avatar was that stressful or bad, unlike Titanic, where Cameron aparently made all his actors go through hell.

Titanic's production was nothing compared to the hellfire that was the Abyss.
''That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"