James Gordon Jr?

sclabguy

Civilian
Reaction score
Commissioner Gordon's Son,
Anyone now what happened to him? Did he get killed or something?

his wife, barbara, left gordon together with the son for good. since then, his son hasn't been een again. at least this is how i would put it.

I thought Jim Gordon jr was retconned out of existance.

Nah, he still exists. But I assume that when Barbra left Gordon, she either got full custody, or just disappeared and he hasn't been able to find them.

No doubt he'll turn up any week now as the new mystery Gotham supervillain dujour... Thats the way they've been writing the Bat books for a while now...

Nah, he still exists. But I assume that when Barbra left Gordon, she either got full custody, or just disappeared and he hasn't been able to find them.

it kinda makes me laugh. jim is such a bad father. ^^

it kinda makes me laugh. jim is such a bad father. ^^

Well at the time he was pretty much half way to being a drunk. And constantly working. Also, he's in a line of work where it wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary for a homicidal pedophile dressed like an Alice in Wonderland character to show up at your families house one night, just cause he was bored. Can't really blame him for not stopping her from dissapearing with him.

Well at the time he was pretty much half way to being a drunk. And constantly working. Also, he's in a line of work where it wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary for a homicidal pedophile dressed like an Alice in Wonderland character to show up at your families house one night, just cause he was bored. Can't really blame him for not stopping her from dissapearing with him.

when did this happen?

Never. But it very well could. Look what happened to Babs with the Joker.

Never. But it very well could. Look what happened to Babs with the Joker.
Well actually in Haunted Knight the Mad Hatter kidnapped her and dressed her up as Alice. so yeah, sucks to be Jim Gordon. That's one thing I really hate about modern DC, the hack writers thinks heaping tragedy upon a character makes development. All it's really made is a crappy Tim Drake and a Gordon who may still be awesome, but is all alone.

I don't see why people are dogging on Tim Drake. I don't think that killing his dad really made him a worse character. It just helped to age his character.

I don't see why people are dogging on Tim Drake. I don't think that killing his dad really made him a worse character. It just helped to age his character.
Killing his dad, killing (then ressurecting) his girlfriend, killing his best friend (Connor). Now that is downright stupid to force that much tragedy on a character who's entire purpose is to contrast Batman's personality. I don't get what you mena by "aging" his character, but all I see it doing now is making Tim a d!ck who couldn't care less about his girlfriend or killing two kids, yet loves to gamble with people's lives. That's not Tim, that's someone trying to make Tim into a "hardcore" character when he's clearly not and shouldn't be.

Killing his dad, killing (then ressurecting) his girlfriend, killing his best friend (Connor). Now that is downright stupid to force that much tragedy on a character who's entire purpose is to contrast Batman's personality. I don't get what you mena by "aging" his character, but all I see it doing now is making Tim a d!ck who couldn't care less about his girlfriend or killing two kids, yet loves to gamble with people's lives. That's not Tim, that's someone trying to make Tim into a "hardcore" character when he's clearly not and shouldn't be.

It helps add age to Tim by cutting away unnecessary side characters that only serve to remind us that Tim is still 16 or 17 when in reality he should be much older.

I think that "forcing" Tim to be a hardcore character isn't really bad in respect to what's going on with Batman. For Tim to react to Batman's death in any other way then becoming "hardcore" it wouldn't be realistic development to me.

But you are right, the way Tim acts now, that's not the way Tim used to act. When half the sub-plots revolved around his old girlfriend and his new girlfriend there was definitely a Dawson's Creek feel to book. It played on Tim's apparent innocence. I think that events that Tim has caused (His father's death for instance) serve to strengthen a character into someone who can last longer than Jason Todd did.

For many side-kicks if they don't experience some changes then we get bored when them and kick them to the side. Look at Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow there is some character development. Albeit I feel that Roy's story line was handle much better than Tim's has been so far I still say that the development will serve to make Tim a stronger character in the long run.

Hmmmmm,
bg_cv17_02.jpg

That cover is terrible. The whole point of James Gordon Jr. is that he isn't some spazzy, deranged lunatic.

Actually, the Batgirl book in general has been pure trash. I dread what they're going to do with Jr. once he gets his arc.

I stumbled in here by accident, but it's great. In January 2009:

No doubt he'll turn up any week now as the new mystery Gotham supervillain dujour... Thats the way they've been writing the Bat books for a while now...

Now nearly 4 years later:

bg_cv17_02.jpg

Comics have hit a wall.

Is there something in Gotham's water supply that turns normal people into serial killers? One would assume that James Jr. wasn't abused as a child by his parents, so what, does the Gordon family have a psychopath gene that skips a couple generations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"