Jamie Foxx's The Soloist (Dir. by Joe Wright)

Heisenberg

I Am The Danger
Reaction score

Click the picture for more of Foxx and Robert Downey Jr. on location.

Joe Wright directs "The Soloist".
A schizophrenic, homeless musician (Foxx) from Skid Row, Los Angeles dreams of playing at Walt Disney Concert Hall. Also stars Catherine Keener.

Say hello to an early runner in next year's oscar race.

Mods: I looked for a thread, couldn't find one.

That hair :dry:, great cast and interesting story.

Definitely keeping tabs on this one!

and Stephen Root is in this? My god, he's popping up everywhere.

-TNC

soloist.jpg

Interesting...

EDIT: http://www.usatoday.com/life/2008-05-29-coming-attractions_N.htm?csp=34

Downey Jr. has a nose for newspaperman roles

He may be Hollywood's hottest superhero, but Robert Downey Jr. wants you to know he can play bookish types, too.

Like reporters.

In The Soloist, due Nov. 21, he plays Steve Lopez, a real-life Los Angeles Times columnist who discovers a homeless musical prodigy (Jamie Foxx) living on Skid Row.

"I've loved every part of Iron Man," says Downey, who will reprise his role in the comic book sequel, out in 2009. "But the last thing you want is to be seen as that guy, who just does that role."

If he's not careful, that role may be reporter. He played Paul Avery, the real reporter tracking a San Francisco serial killer, in last year's Zodiac. The irony is not lost on Downey, who had his issues with journalists who hounded him during his brushes with the law and publicized bouts of drug rehabilitation in the late 1990s.

"Mainly, I think the parts are great," he says of his turns as journalists. "But who knows? Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment." —Scott Bowles

I can't wait to see a trailer on this one.

Good stuff...is that a tin foil jacket....

Completely different look for Foxx. Interested to see how much they focus on it.

Been looking forward to this one for a while. Not only does it have the always lovely RDJ, but it's Joe Wright's follow up to Atonement.

Atonement. Good. So. So. Good.

Thanks for the heads up Donnie. :up: (d/ling now)

Here is a mini poster.

bjemfp.jpg

Wow! :wow: It looks fantastic IMO Joe Wright really is becoming a player, his movies look so rich and the emotion feels real.

Fantastic trailer. November is going to be awesome with this and Bond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"