92nd Annual Academy Awards

What would really make the Oscars more engaging is that they need to cut the filler. There’s no reason it should be 3.5 hours, apart from the self-pleasuring and glamour. Two hours, tops.

And yes, having a big hit up for a lot of awards can up the ratings ... look at Titanic and Return of the King.

I've never been fond of any type of awards show, but I must say that the spectacle of Joaquin Phoenix cutting a promo on milk is one of the most bizarre moments that I've ever seen. That's worthy of a re-watch if nothing else.

I have a friend who got that job a couple times at the Kennedy Center Honors. He's a general employee of the Kennedy Center and they basically have an employee lottery they can enter to win the gig, as they need several seat-fillers throughout the show. This past year he got a delightful video on his phone of Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg jamming out to Earth, Wind & Fire, lol.

And here I sit doing IT stuff for a bank. No bar. No Steven. No Tom. :csad:

However, it's only 30 minutes or so to the Chinese Theater from where I live and if you go to the Loews Hotel in Hollywood for breakfast, you can usually see a bunch of really rich guys in the movie industry who dress like homeless people and their wives who are dripping with diamonds and ultra expensive purses and shoes. :shrug:

They stopped serving the bottomless mimosas. :argh: I might be to blame for that:hmm

86270578_10221795013644481_5907684059168899072_n.jpg

I have a friend who got that job a couple times at the Kennedy Center Honors. He's a general employee of the Kennedy Center and they basically have an employee lottery they can enter to win the gig, as they need several seat-fillers throughout the show. This past year he got a delightful video on his phone of Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg jamming out to Earth, Wind & Fire, lol.

Yup. This is actually one of the things that allegedly bothers the folks in the ''lesser exciting'' categories, is that a lot of the big stars simply hit the bar while these are going on. Hell, QT left his seat after Pitt won and didn't come back till he was suppose to be on camera for his own nominations.

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

They have very short attention spans which is ironic considering the work they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"