Jason Reitman to Direct Film About Opening Night of SNL

Couple of thoughts here...

Finn Wolfhard is in this?

I'll be damned, Gabriel Labelle actually looks mature for his age in makeup.

And I'm pretty sure Jim Henson had a beard by this point in time.

Uhh, that’s not Jim Henson:
FaqH.gif

Looks like Wolfhard is just playing an NBC page, if that Kenneth Parcell wardrobe is any indication.

Forget about comic book films- this might be the film I'm most excited to see when it releases!

And so wait, is Braun playing Andy Kaufman? Because as said, contrary to what wolfbagel there said, that is most definitely not Jim Henson.

Uhh, that’s not Jim Henson:
FaqH.gif
I can't believe I didn't put two and two together with the outfit. Braun could fit Kaufman just as well as Henson but it's weird that all the press is saying he's Henson.

I can't believe I didn't put two and two together with the outfit. Braun could fit Kaufman just as well as Henson but it's weird that all the press is saying he's Henson.
The press, especially entertainment journalists, are not exactly known to be operating at the highest intellectual caliber.

The press, especially entertainment journalists, are not exactly known to be operating at the highest intellectual caliber.
True, although something like that usually comes directly from the studio.

“I just can’t believe it. I’m so excited for people to see [SNL 1975]. A lot of the interiors and stuff like that are going to be shot in Atlanta, but the other night, we shot outside of 30 Rock, for real, and on film, with a bunch of old ‘70s picture cars,” Wolfhard says. “Everyone is really trying to do right by these incredible performers and people on this night. I’m not a main character, but just to be a part of the ensemble is a gift. I play an NBC paige who’s trying to get everyone to come and see the show.”

So much for my lead theory lol

I do wonder then if it’s just going to be a fly on the wall kind of feel to the movie.

So much for my lead theory lol

I do wonder then if it’s just going to be a fly on the wall kind of feel to the movie.
I think it'll be very much an ensemble but with Lorne Michaels and Dick Ebersol as the characters with the most focus on them.

EXCLUSIVE: Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons (The Accountant 2) is among the final additions to the cast of Sony Pictures’ film SNL 1975 (working title), based on real-life behind-the-scenes accounts of the opening night of Saturday Night Live. Other new cast members for the Jason Reitman pic include Billy Bryk (Friendship), Joe Chrest(Stranger Things), Taylor Gray (Star Wars: Rebels) and Mcabe Gregg (Teenage Badass).

Simmons plays comedian Milton Berle, with Chrest as Weekend Update co-creator Herb Sargent. Gray and Gregg portray Al Franken and Tom Davis, the SNL writer-performers of duo Franken & Davis. Details as to Bryk’s role haven’t been disclosed.

JK Simmons in anything is always great.

Would it be fair to assume this probably wouldn't include cameos from any of the original cast? Sort of like when Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz had a cameo in The A-Team film.

JK Simmons in anything is always great.

Would it be fair to assume this probably wouldn't include cameos from any of the original cast? Sort of like when Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz had a cameo in The A-Team film.
If anyone were asked in the first place, I'd imagine Aykroyd would be an unconditional yes. He's always given off the impression that he had hung around as a mentor of sorts to cast members.

It just hit me: did this project materialize to commemorate SNL's 50th season, which begins this Fall?

If anyone were asked in the first place, I'd imagine Aykroyd would be an unconditional yes. He's always given off the impression that he had hung around as a mentor of sorts to cast members.

It just hit me: did this project materialize to commemorate SNL's 50th season, which begins this Fall?
Most likely the timing is on purpose. I believe the show will also be doing a big 50th Anniversary special similar to the previous 40th and 25th Anniversary specials, though it'll undoubtedly be on a much larger scale than the previous ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Netizen95
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"