Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebawp

Civilian
Reaction score
Jennifer Lawrence, who has been cast as Mystique, is incredibly talented and is getting Oscar buzz for her role in Winter's Bone.
Plus she looks fantastic in a bikini.
I think she's an excellent casting choice
Here are some top critics opinions of her performance.
And some smoking hot bikini pics.
"the extraordinary Jennifer Lawrence...probably the most gifted actress of her generation."-CSMonitor
"the spectacularly talented young actress Jennifer Lawrence."-ChicagoTribune
"Lawrence delivers an astonishingly sympathetic and assured performance"-WashingtonPost
"Jennifer Lawrence is sensational"-Salon
"Ms. Lawrence’s gives a watchful, precise and quietly heroic performance"-NYTimes
"Lawrence is the movie's blooming discovery, a mesmerizing actor"-EntertainmentWeekly
"an outstanding Jennifer Lawrence"-Variety
"Lawrence, 19, already deserves an Oscar nomination for her role"-USAToday

Last edited:
From what I hear, she's a far better actress than Amber Heard.
From what I see, she has a far better body. :eek:

Some more pics. Stunning. Incredible body.

14053_02_jennifer_lawrence_hot_0610_lg_122_149lo.jpg

14053_02_jennifer_lawrence_hot_0610_lg_122_149lo.jpg

Last edited:
She has very unique facial features... I'm intrigued definitely...

Those pics don't impress me she looks like every other pretty girl in Hollywood whether she can play Mystique better or average than Rebecca Romaijn-Stamos did means jack to me.

Those pics don't impress me she looks like every other pretty girl in Hollywood whether she can play Mystique better or average than Rebecca Romaijn-Stamos did means jack to me.
well, Mystique is suppose to be able to look like anyone... LOL

I loved Mystique in X1-X3, but to be honest she really didn't have a "story" I mean her background is a mystery and a jumble mess, and they missed the chance to explore her relationships w/Kurt & Rogue, which could have been done if Singer would have done X3 & X4(as planned)

Hopefully if this does become a trilogy hopefully she has a story as to why, she sided w/Magneto

I loved Mystique in X1-X3, but to be honest she really didn't have a "story" I mean her background is a mystery and a jumble mess, and they missed the chance to explore her relationships w/Kurt & Rogue, which could have been done if Singer would have done X3 & X4(as planned)

If they explored her relationships with Nightcrawler and Rogue it would have become a jumbled mess.

Mystique is mysterious and we didn't really need to know where she came from. I wouldn't have been against them adding it but it wasn't needed. We may get hints of Mystique's past in First Class.

Hopefully if this does become a trilogy hopefully she has a story as to why, she sided w/Magneto

We did get that line in X-Men1, 'people like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child.', which you can get a lot out of, she joined the brotherhood as a means to destroy the kind of people who she felt terrorised her in her formative years because of racial prejudice.

Im interested to see her performance of Mystique on this film... I expect a decent plot about her, some good developtment... the same with the rest of the characters, of course.

^ why are you being such a doubter?? after so many complaints about TLS and how ppl miss Singer and now that he's back not as director, but he outlined the story and ppl are still not happy don't be unhappy until you see the finished product

and I get what you guys are saying their are hints to her past in X1 and X3, I guess I'm curious to know if she is going to be a student @ Xavier's and if so build on a relationship, like the ultimate universe, w/o the romantic element, that would be very interesting, but Mystique is 1 of those characters you don't know what she's thinking or feeling she just acts...

^ why are you being such a doubter?? after so many complaints about TLS and how ppl miss Singer and now that he's back not as director, but he outlined the story and ppl are still not happy don't be unhappy until you see the finished product
I'm not a doubter--I'm just not...expecting anything. This is not the same as expecting nothing.

I really don't know what to expect...

^ok...I see where you're coming from

but I would like to see Mystique (if she is a student) as 1 of those students who had a horrible upbringing and because of her past she can't let go and Xavier is working w/her, but can't seem to get through to her while Eric on the other hand is using that "hatred" to his own advantage...

also yes I remember that line (the only line she had in X1), but still its not enough, I think a lot of ppl were afraid to go to school one point in their life, because they were bullied or different, but that doesn't explain why they choose to live a life doing bad things and I don't think the trilogy did a good job far as giving her a story as to why she is devoted to Magneto and when she got turned back human it hurt her...I get her name is a pun for "mystery or mysterious", buts it better to have an explantion for her character instead of being a "lacky" ala Toad & Sabertooth, @least in X2 we saw how/why Pyro went to his side and that was good enough...but like Jen said 1st Class clarifies a lot for her and Mystique so...

Mystique has always been one of my favorite characters in the original trilogy. Easily one of the most enjoyable characters, despite her minimum use. I'm glad they went with an actress as critically-praised as Lawrence. Hopefully this means we'll get a lot of depth from the character, and learn about her backstory. Would love to see the events that made her "afraid to go to school as a child."

Here's the trailer for Winter's Bone...looks really good.

[YT]bE_X2pDRXyY[/YT]

This opened in NY tonight, I may check it out one night next week. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985