Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just the hair making her face look a little more pudgy.

I always assumed that meant when she was a little kid. After years of persecution I imagine when her powers fully developed at puberty she decided she could just hide her true identity at all times.

They have cast a young Mystique so we will probably see her origins and developing her powers. In this scene she is probably just taking human form to fit in.

I'm glad they're beefing up Mystique's role. I have a feeling she become a fan favorite, just like with Rebecca Romijn's version.

Yeah i think she was one of the more reconizable characters from the triology

She was up there with Wolverine,Prof X,Magneto,Storm as the faces of the trilogy IMO in terms of the publics eye that is.

HEY GUYS! i use to post on these boards back when catwoman came out but now i'm back cause i'm soooo excited that mystique will be reappearing in the latest film. i'm such a gigantic fan of hers! but anyway. in my opinion it seems like they casted a much younger mystique to possibly show the moment in time when mystique first turned blue. remember when she was trying to join the x-men and said her physical transformation first took place at age twelve? perhaps when jennifer plays mystique her powers will have fully kicked in and she decides to take the form of a pleasing blonde.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know my fiance's modeling company in Miami sent out a casting call for body doubles for Jennifer. The body double would be required to perform in full body prosthetics. Not much but it's something!

Thanks for the info.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know my fiance's modeling company in Miami sent out a casting call for body doubles for Jennifer. The body double would be required to perform in full body prosthetics. Not much but it's something!

lies

Fighting off a cold, the statuesque, beautiful and refreshingly blunt Lawarence admitted she never thought she's still be celebrating "Bone" for Oscar consideration while shooting the drama in Missouri almost two years ago. Instead, she's enjoying the ride as much as she can. Even if she's not sure when she'll get to return to the awards circuit. As Lawrence joked, "First Class" is going to shoot "forever."

Vaughn's '60s set saga of the X-Men's early days has Lawrence spending four hours a day having body make up applied for her role as the shape-shifting Mystique aka Raven Darkholme (played by Rebecca Romijn in the first three "X-Men" movies). And while she says she has handlers to help remove it daily, she laughs when noting she has blue dye everywhere in her apartment. Her bed pillow, her toilet, her tub, you name it.

Another interesting tidbit Lawrence discussed regarded her co-star and new friend Zoe Kravitz. Lenny's 21-year-old daughter is playing "Angel" according to Lawrence. Most comic book X-Men fans will know Kravitz isn't playing Warren Worthington III, but Angel Salvadore, a more housefly-like incarnation. Lawrence says this Angel will have wings (whether they are fly-like or bird-like is unclear), but they'll appear out of tattoos on her back. And lastly, Lawrence revealed that Vaughn cast her in the film without seeing "Bone" and, much to her sarcastic chagrin, still hadn't. But, she might just have to bring him a copy on DVD. Or, as someone in the room noted, perhaps as an Academy member he'll pop in a screener which will soon be on its way.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/awards-...s-x-men-first-class-to-return-to-winters-bone

Only 10% of her screen time will be as Mystique, she said. It takes X-Men: First Class makeup artists about six hours to transform her into Mystique with the blue skins and the scales, she added. (She has a nickname for the process or the makeup or whatever -- "Mystink.") I asked if official photos have been taken, and she said the idea was to keep her appearance under wraps until just before the film's release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109395-lawrence-talks-mystique-in-x-men-first-class

What may be happening Is they for general moviegoers who are not following things online have her as woman that It Is surprise she Is actully Mystique.Maybe she Is spy for
Hellfire club at first but magneto convinces her to turn against them explaning her loyality to Magneto In the exsisting trilogy.

I kind of figured she wouldn't be blue for a majority of the film, but I want more than 10% :p

Last edited:
I'm kind of happy with this news. We got more than enough of her in the first three films, don't need to go all out again. I just hope she doesn't have those unnecessary scales again. Give her an actual outfit.

I kind of figured she wouldn't be blue for a majority of the film, but I want more than 10% :p

So will I:csad: I will be a sad panda if there are no visually awesome characters:csad:

Well, Mystique will still be visually awesome. :p

Beast, Azazel, and Angel Salvadore's wings sound cool. Darwin could require makeup.

Wonder if this means Mystique won't transform until, say, the last 30 min. of the film.

So I guess that confirms my suspicions that he's going to look like a red Nightcrawler. I wonder if he's going to be as impressive in a fight though.

He probably wont have the "angelic symbols". Wonder if they'll give him any other sort of texture to enhance his visual appeal. Something that both Mystique and Nightcrawler had, but Beast lacked.

It would be kind of interesting if Azazel had something similar to Kurt's markings but reversed so they would be a sign of his victories or kills. I kind of hope they kind of play up the irony of holy man Kurt having a dad being the member of a group called the Hellfire Club and kind of make him a Bizarro Kurt. I think it's pretty safe to say they won't go the demon route but I think him having an interest in demonic lore would be interesting too. Especially since he would probably be compared to one even more then Kurt would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"