Jessica Biel to join Thor cast?

Don't worry, staff is aware that villagephotos is a photo hosting site.

3261242636_2f579b8ed9_b.jpg
Wow. Sif looks kind of Queen Karnilla of the Norns in that get up, doesn't she? What era/story is that from?

If there ever is a scene where Thor is hurt and she has to ever do this, Biel is the only chick that has the body type where it would be believable that she was really able to hold him.

sif1.jpg
Agreed.

I was hoping Biel would Jennifer Walters if She-Hulk was ever in a movie but I'm totally cool with her as Sif.

I actually do not have issue with this, if true. She fits the look.

Why not Jessica Biel for Enchantress? She's a stunning blonde.

I don't think Enchantress is even in the script.

I'm kinda hoping Jessica is up for the Karnilla role.

Jessica as Sif seems pretty uninspired casting and I doubt if she could do much with the part that we haven't seen before. As Karnilla we might actually see her do some actual acting.

Haha El Mayimbe is counting out Beil for Thor becuase Portman was cast :rolleyes:

Why would Biel and Portman not be in the same movie? Too expensive?

I think the implication is that the movie would only need one love interest - with Foster being written in, Sif might have been written out.

Not to mention that the Biel rumor didn't exactly spring up from the most reliable site...

I'll be very disappointed if there's no SIf.

You can save the Asgard females for sequels being that a lot of this will be an Earth story. I think they will still be in the film, just not as the main love interest.

If Jane Foster is the love interest, so there's no Sif. If Jessica Biel is still in it, she'll be probably Enchantress.

I think it would be interesting.

I wouldn't complain is Biel gets cast as Sif. Love the comparison above too.

And I think that Portman is more ideal for Foster than Sif anyway.

Sif is Thor's love interest in Asgard, and when Thor was sent to earth, he was sent as Donald Blake, and fell in love with Jane Foster.

Well since Donald Blake is officially not in the film, my guess is Thor will fall in love with Jane Foster after he is sent to earth, leaving Sif in Asgard.

I don't see them removing Sif. She is--or more accurately her hair is--a large part of the lore that ties Loki and Mjolnir with Thor.

I also can't see Portman's role in this movie being any more substantial than Bryce Dallas Howard's role was in Spider-Man 3.

Meh, I vastly prefer Sif as Thor's love interest over Jane Foster. I get the feeling that Sif will be cast aside in favor of Jane for the movies, though. At best, Sif'll probably be a friend or an ex or something.

Or not appear at all. Which is weak.

I'm somewhat concerned about the direction of the movie due to Earth being brought in more. I was hoping it would be much more of a fantasy LOTR film than a superhero movie.

Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm not as excited about the setting changing to include more of Earth either. Plenty of time for that when Thor is an Avenger. His own story should reflect the mythological aspect more, I think. But there's no way to know how it'll turn out at this point, so I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Two love interests? Why?

They won't cast Natalie Portman, an A-list actress, to be just one of the love interests, her role should be substantial, although she won't sign on.

Maybe Jessica Biel was auditioning for the same role and lost, or she is in negotiations to be the Enchantress, a villain partner for Loki.

I think it is much more interesting than two love interests...

If Biel ends up being Sif or Brunnhilde, I wouldn't be offended..

What the f***? Tiny, petit Natalie Portman's being considered for Sif and tall, voluptuous Jessica Biel is being considered for Jane Foster? What kind of mad, backwards reality are we living in?! :huh:

Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing Biel in the movie. I don't think she's a terrible actress or anything, and she'd certainly bring some star power (and eye candy ;)) to the film.

You mean like a redhead being cast to play a blond and a blond cast to play a redhead in Spidey 3? :o

There is no time to fit the Earth development in the Avengers movie. Cap will already mostly be a set piece and that screentime in Avengers will need to be devoted more towards Steve Rogers than Thor. Plus audiences will get more of the "superhero" feel in an Earth based film, which will help sell the film. They will embrace the fantasy world of Asgard in sequels once they familiarize themselves with the character, assuming the movie is a hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"