Jessica Jones Jessica Jones Season 2 Ideas

BarryAllen

ey b0ss
Reaction score
So with Jessica Jones Season 2 confirmed, where would you like to see the show go? What plotlines would like to see happen? What characters would you like to see?

unlimited_class_wrestling_federation.jpg

I would make the Power Broker (Curtiss Jackson) and Dr. Karl Malus as the big bads of Season 2 and tie them in with IGH. Bring in the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation as an underground competitive association where there's matches between super-powered people. Have Jessica discover this and befriend one of the fighters, Dennis Dunphy. Just like Kilgrave took advantage of Jessica, I'd have the UCWF take advantage of its fighters with Jessica seeing Dennis undergo mental and physical pain. Jessica, Trish and Dennis seek to unravel the corruption behind the UCWF and track it to the Power Broker and Karl Malus, who are affliated with IGH (who I'd make the MCU version of the Corporation). Have Karl Malus be taken down, but have the Power Broker get away and set up him and the IGH as the big bads for Defenders Season 2.

I think that'd be a cool way to continue the thematic elements of Season 1 while also charting new ground. You could have Dennis and Jessica bond over their traumas and seek to help each other overcome their demons. Jessica's experience with her Kilgrave ordeal could allow her to empathize and sympathize with Dunphy's struggles (continuing the themes of the help group from Season 1), and this might inversely help Jessica to open up more and be more positive. Also, IGH and the UCWF would allow for various smaller villains (like Armadillo or the Grapplers) to be utilized, something Jessica really needs. You can even tie Nuke back in and continue his storyline.

Plus the legality of the Corporation/IGH and the Unlimited Class Wrestling Foundation, the ethicality of their actions, the mystery, the effect their procedures have on people mentally and physically is something that fits the tone of Jessica's world and the noir/detective nature of her series so well.

I like this idea of an underground super power showdown. I don't think having it be public would work with how netflix has been treating super powers in the public eye. But illegal fights streamed through the web for rich *******s to bet on is a cool idea.

I don't think it has to either be secret or public. Rather, it'd work best straddling a shady middle ground, where its not hidden or illegal per se, but there's a lot of dubious stuff that is kept hidden about it ( because it would be illegal ). I'm imagining something like a cross between fly-by-night MMA circuits prior to going big, and borderline fraudulent "clinical drug trials" that are used to sell snake oil just ahead of the regulations.

Perhaps have the starting point be the UCWF starting the process of going "big", which is a tricky thing given sordid elements on both the money and medical side that need to either be cleaned up or disappeared. And into this comes Jessica Jones, investigating the mysterious death of a former fighter of there's. . .

I don't think it has to either be secret or public. Rather, it'd work best straddling a shady middle ground, where its not hidden or illegal per se, but there's a lot of dubious stuff that is kept hidden about it ( because it would be illegal ). I'm imagining something like a cross between fly-by-night MMA circuits prior to going big, and borderline fraudulent "clinical drug trials" that are used to sell snake oil just ahead of the regulations.

Perhaps have the starting point be the UCWF starting the process of going "big", which is a tricky thing given sordid elements on both the money and medical side that need to either be cleaned up or disappeared. And into this comes Jessica Jones, investigating the mysterious death of a former fighter of there's. . .
I think the "super human" part of it should be underground. Since most other super human characters are trying to stay hidden. Having super humans appear on pay-per-view would just seem out of place

I wouldn't say most superhumans are trying to stay hidden. Jessica Jones only *barely* is, herself, and probably not even that in season 2. Luke is, but mainly because he's technically an escaped felon. Beyond that, you have everyone associated with the Avengers, you have Spider-man's antics being on youtube. . .

Secrecy is good, for some characters and some purposes. Its not something that should be applied to everyone. And in the setting as it exists, a semi-underground wrestling operation with low level superhuman contenders? Hardly is the kind of thing that needs to be direly secret.

I think the IGH thing is going to be a big part of season 2.

That being said, wasn't it a bit convenient that the IGH was both involved in with Simpson and Jessica's accident when she was a kid?

I wouldn't say most superhumans are trying to stay hidden. Jessica Jones only *barely* is, herself, and probably not even that in season 2. Luke is, but mainly because he's technically an escaped felon. Beyond that, you have everyone associated with the Avengers, you have Spider-man's antics being on youtube. . .

Secrecy is good, for some characters and some purposes. Its not something that should be applied to everyone. And in the setting as it exists, a semi-underground wrestling operation with low level superhuman contenders? Hardly is the kind of thing that needs to be direly secret.

It was a little weird that after his bar caught on fire, he was seen talking to the police after. If he's an escaped felon on the run, why would he be talking to law enforcement? Wouldn't one of them recognize him?

That being said, wasn't it a bit convenient that the IGH was both involved in with Simpson and Jessica's accident when she was a kid?

It was a little convenient, but it comes with the territory. It's not too much of a stretch that a shadowy organization like that would have their hands in different places, and hear of Jessica's car crash and want to take advantage of the situation.

It'll be interesting if Marvel ties IGH with Noah Burnstein and his experiments on Luke in prison.

It was a little weird that after his bar caught on fire, he was seen talking to the police after. If he's an escaped felon on the run, why would he be talking to law enforcement? Wouldn't one of them recognize him?
Was he talking to the police? If I recalled he was across the street with Jessica and they abruptly left so that he wouldn't have to talk to them?

Was he talking to the police? If I recalled he was across the street with Jessica and they abruptly left so that he wouldn't have to talk to them?

I think I got it mixed up. I thought it was the episode of the bar explosion. It was in episode 2 where two police officers come to Luke's bar and ask him about Jessica.

Last edited:
I think I got it mixed up. I thought it was the episode of the bar explosion. It was in episode 2 where two police officers come to Luke's bar and ask him about Jessica.
I don't recall that, I'd have to re-watch but answering a few questions from a police canvas is a little different then a full on arson investigation.

Huh. She'd certainly work, but it'd be a bit odd stealing one of Daredevil's more notable rogues.

Focus on Jessica as a detective and make the Daughters of the Dragon have equal screen time. Season 2 should be about Jessica, Misty and Colleen tracking down a serial killer calling himself The Avatar of Vengeance and killing Roxxon executives.

Clues are a Mysterious billionaire who apparently doesn't even exist named Stephen Grant, a black unmarked helicopter flown by a man in a wheelchair claiming that he's only in town because his brother was murdered in JFK Airport and a man name Raoul Bushman who was leading a team of mercenaries against The Hand in Egypt. At the scene of the crimes, a man in a white hood is mentioned being there. Bushman is the main suspect in the killings even after Colleen is framed.

The final episode reveals that it isn't Bushman behind the killings but a man that Bushman betrayed and left for dead named Marc Spector (introduced as a cab driver named Jake Lockley). He's currently trying to finish the job that he started in Egypt by taking vengeance against The Hand and claims that he isn't even working with Bushman since Bushman is next on his list. Jessica realizes that she's not much different from Marc after she chose to murder Killgrave and lets Marc go so long as he leaves his intended victim

The final episode should be the first time that we see Moon Knight in costume. The first twelve episodes should only describe, "a man in a white hood" in passing. His actual costume should look more like his Marvel Now appearance with kevlar plates on his copstume and steel toe boots to give him more power at the expense of agility. Moon Knight should look like he's slower than Daredevil and Iron Fist and look like somebody's who's more of a brawler than an acrobat and he isn't graceful in combat. He just hits you really, really hard.

Moon Knight (when he appears in costume) claims that he no longer goes by the name Marc Spector since, "Marc Spector is dead. There is only Moon Knight now." He also nees to be played by an actor who can play both a streetwise cabbie and an anti-hero who's best described as, "a seething ball of barely contained rage." And when he gets his own series, he should also be playing a cold-hearted mercenary in flashbacks and a charismatic business executive in the present. (Possibly also a stoic detective whenever the Mr. Knight personality surfaces.)

Like season 2 should both be an awesome murder mystery that unfolds over a fulls eason like True Detective starring The Daughters of the Dragon and also set up Moon Knight, Frenchie DuChamp and Raoul Bushman for a Moon Knight series.

And Jessica should realize that she's pregnant early in the season and she has this added element of danger where she absolutely has to avoid fights and can't beat people up anymore. The final scene is Jessica giving birth and that will raise the stakes for Luke Cage Season 2 where somebody like Atlas or Chemistro is not only powerful enough to be a physical threat to Luke but can also threaten his young daughter.

Huh. She'd certainly work, but it'd be a bit odd stealing one of Daredevil's more notable rogues.

I'm not a fan of this idea. Typhoid is too connected to Daredevil and has this thing where she's Kingpin's love interest but is also in a love triangle between Matt and Karen.

Typhoid has no history with Jessica AT ALL and it would be wasting a great character with a ton of history with Daredevil in a series where Matt doesn't even appear. Nuke appeared in JJ season 1. How about Marvel pilfer somebody else's rogues gallery for a while?

Personally, I'd like to see Moonstone if Marvel wants to use a female villain. Her origin has nothing to do with Carol and Karla's whole arc has everything to do with her starting off as a supervillain, finding redemption as a Thunderbolt and then becoming Carol's arch-nemesis when Norman Osborn corrupts her during Dark Reign. I feel like most of the T-Bolts should come from other series with the only exceptions being Songbird and Jolt.

We've already seen Blizzard, Mister Hyde and Zemo. I'm hoping that we see Joystick and Shocker as minor villains in Spider-Man, Beetle/Mach in Ant-Man and The Wasp, Atlas in Luke Cage Season 2, Bullseye in Daredevil Season 3 and Fixer and Taskmaster in Agents of SHIELD Season 4.

Moonstone would be great to see in Jessica Jones since I feel like it's the best place to introduce her as I can't see Marvel doing Dark Reign until Phase 5 but Thunderbolts should definitely happen in Phase 4.

Eh, Moonstone is more than a little too powerful for a Jessica Jones villain, unless you massively nerf her, *and* she's one of the few villains that Carol Danvers can claim for her rogues gallery. I can't see it.

Eh, Moonstone is more than a little too powerful for a Jessica Jones villain, unless you massively nerf her, *and* she's one of the few villains that Carol Danvers can claim for her rogues gallery. I can't see it.

Yeah but it's better than Typhoid since stealing Typhoid would just make Daredevil Season 3 a whole lot less interesting. I'd rather introduce Typhoid in DD Season 3 and show that she was bred by IGH as a weapon and then drop her in JJ if there's a season 3.

Daredevil has a stronger rogues gallery than Captain Marvel, to put it mildly. He can better afford to lose one of his more major villains, especially since there's a strong chance s3 will either by Bullseye or Born Again.

Power Broker, Superia and Titania are some villains that may be a good fit for Jessica Jones.

IGH is obviously led by Chance The Rapper, the most devious villain of all.

[YT]2C9tZHbeh6E[/YT]

I think it will be interesting to make it about the backlash against super powered humans. We already saw a little bit of this in the first season but it was treated as a joke. But now after all the events in the Marvel universe make this more serious

Have a prominent organization lobbying against metahumans . Something like Friends of Humanity. Have Trish try and be the opposite using her influence to protect superhumans and fight for them publicly

Then we can have the parents of some metahuman hiring. Some kid with harmless abilities like changing her hair color at will who has gone missing. And Jessica tracks it down to the IGH who is using both the hate groups and the support groups under Trish as a way to track down and take metas

My idea for a season 2:

She goes after IGH to find out about why she has powers. Some of IGH's experimental substances have leaked out and are used as recreational superdrugs that go for high prices with dealers, which Jessica ends up involved in. Jessica finds out at some point that she was tested on by IGH and goes looking for anyone who can help her learn more. She finds out about more IGH scientists, among whom Herbert Wyndham and Jonathan Drew. She goes to find them, but instead finds the daughter of one of these scientists, also called Jessica, who they also experimented on when she was dying, just like was done to herself, Killgrave, etc. This other Jessica doesn't know about her father and is also looking for answers, so she decides to help. Also, at some point IGH releases Nuke or he goes rogue and causes a lot of damage and goes after Jessica and Trish. The latter of the two becomes Hellcat at some point.

From the other season 2 idea thread

Daredevil has a stronger rogues gallery than Captain Marvel, to put it mildly. He can better afford to lose one of his more major villains, especially since there's a strong chance s3 will either by Bullseye or Born Again.

Yeah but Moonstone was a Spider-Man and Captain America villain before fighting Captain Marvel. Also, I can't see Moonstone showing up until Captain Marvel 3 at the earliest but I want Thunderbolts to hit sooner rather than later.

She also has a weakness. Namely the titular Moonstone itself. Jessica can level the playing field by finding a way to grab it.

Arc 1: Protect the Kid Episodes 1-5

Jessica is super down on her luck. Loses her office/apartment, crashes with Trish, gets really dumb cases, including one from some punks that want a shot at her (show off the new knockback/weaponization/wall damage-filled fight scenes), Trish turns up missing and her apartment cleaned out, Jess tries to investigate but an old woman saddles Jessica with protecting a ten year old boy, Elijah Bradley, who is suddenly a target for trained killers, who kill the old woman, and one of the guys is Will Simpson from Season 1, another is Clinton McIntyre aka Protocyde. This leads to her investigating these guys using the files on IGH from last year, crossing paths with Karl Malus, a supposedly retired military doctor, as well as Marc Spector, a PTSD sufferer like herself, though he doesn't seem as functional at first. Turns out the old woman found Jessica using these files, giving Jessica clues into her origin, and her unique reaction to IGH. Story is basically one of those protect-and-bond-with-kid stories, and Eljiah is a key witness and clue as he has a similar reaction to IGH, just without the megadose Jess received during her accident. Leads her to Bradley/illegal Super Soldier experiments conspiracy. Insert alternate conspiracy if needed (illegitimate children of Cap from during the USO Tour?). Breaking this gives her a clue in the missing Trish case, which leads her to Unlimited Class Wrestling. Add in side stories where Jessica meets up with Malcolm, who has regained control in his life and counsels her to as well, and gets sued by some people and defended by Foggy, who now works for Jeryn, befriends a cab driver we never see head on, Jake Locksley and gets a mysterious benefactor, who turns out to be Steven Grant. She also starts seeing a mysterious white cloaked figure following her at times, no one else notices.

Arc 2: Unlimited Class Wrestling Episodes 6-10

Jessica allows herself to be nabbed and dragged into the UCW, where people, mostly women are given IGH and told to battle it out for the entertainment of a crowd. Jessica finds she was set up to get brought in by Karl Malus, and meets the Powerbroker, Curtiss Jackson who runs this, supposedly, but is at the mercy of very active surgeon Dr. Malus and biochemist Dr. Deidre Wentworth. While supposedly imprisoned with these women (But able to break out anytime, but she needs to get Trish off the program, according to Will), she befriends Dr. Deidre, and the repugnant mascot, Dennis "D-Man" Dunphy, who she develops a friendship with because they have similar hard shells, but he eventually reveals he's really a true *****ebag at a horribly inopportune moment. Big fight is her and Trish on IGH against rivals Titania and Superia. Jess and Trish are forced to wear the Jewel and Hellcat costumes acquired from Trish's apartment, and are named as such. After discovering Jessica is faking not having powers all the time, Karl overdoses Curtiss to get rid of him, and he becomes grotesque, and breaks Malus' legs. Will comes in (and is dressed and introduced as Nuke) and sacrifices himself at Trish's hands to help her wake up, scarring her, but getting her to want off the program.

Arc 3: Unravel military's secret 11-13

Having shut down, UCW, Jessica becomes the number one objective of the IGH, who re-activates Marc Spector, but he's all conflicted about it, and starts to fray at the edges. She finally meets her benefactor on a 'date' and sees it's Spector, whom she realizes is her cab driver who has put her in all these weird positions at odd times. Discovers Malus is still controlling him, Jess breaks out the Power Broker to get revenge on Malus, he goes down taking out Malus' IGH henchmen after which point Jess uses Malus' inconsistencies to bring down the whole IGH organization, but not without laying unlimited amounts of smackdown on McIntyre and talking down Marc Spector using her own experience, finding Elijah Bradley a new safe home (with Malcolm?), running into Luke Cage at some point and hooking up, and finding out she's pregnant shortly thereafter.

So basically, I just steal everyone else's ideas and put them together in a shape I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"