• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Joe Quesada Has Crossed The Line With The Smoking Ban

Here's the hysterical part - smoking ISN'T BAD for Logan. He cannot get cancer in the first place.

So, WHY would he quit at all?

Theoretically, it would slow him down though since his healing factor would be always working, right?

I bet it would only be a fraction different.

Here's the hysterical part - smoking ISN'T BAD for Logan. He cannot get cancer in the first place.

THAT's my biggest complaint. Aside from forcing the anti-tobacco stuff down our throats, it makes absolutely no sense given the context.

One of the defining characteristics of cancer is a rapid growth of cells (tumor). Since Logan's healing factor seems to function by the same mechanism, how do you know that he is immune to it? It could be that he's just never gotten it, and if he does, it will progress even faster than normal because of his "healing factor?"

I don't know anything about Deadpool, but I was thinking that when I was writing that. Don't blame me that Marvel twists science until it screams.

When you typed "Marvel," you meant "superhero comics in general," right?

One of the defining characteristics of cancer is a rapid growth of cells (tumor). Since Logan's healing factor seems to function by the same mechanism, how do you know that he is immune to it? It could be that he's just never gotten it, and if he does, it will progress even faster than normal because of his "healing factor?"
Do you honestly believe Marvel would ever give Wolverine cancer?

If they really wanted to push that whole "Ciggys is bad" angle, they would. You could even say it effects his healing factor and they could depower him back to his pre 90's level.

But they don't want to depower him back to his pre-90s level. The fanboys would have a fit if Wolverine suddenly couldn't regenerate from a single cell anymore.

But they don't want to depower him back to his pre-90s level. The fanboys would have a fit if Wolverine suddenly couldn't regenerate from a single cell anymore.

Uh...They did depower him back to his pre-90's levels.

Where was this? He still seems even more immortal than the guys who are supposed to be immortal to me, although I've consciously limited my exposure to him for years now.

Eh, I wouldn't care, and i'd like to think i'm more important to please than Wolverine fanboys.

Denny Crane.

I dont remember them depowering him but i remember them explaining his overpowered healing factor recently in X-Men Origins or maybe his solo

Where was this? He still seems even more immortal than the guys who are supposed to be immortal to me, although I've consciously limited my exposure to him for years now.

In the storyarc before Get Mystique. It was a ****ed up explanation, but the end result (depowering Logan) made it well worth it.

In the storyarc before Get Mystique. It was a ****ed up explanation, but the end result (depowering Logan) made it well worth it.

Was that the Angel of Death stuff where it was easier for his body to regenerate but harder for his soul to come back from the dead or something like that?

It didn't really seem to make much difference in "Get Mystique." He got blown up a couple times in that arc, didn't he?

Was that the Angel of Death stuff where it was easier for his body to regenerate but harder for his soul to come back from the dead or something like that?

Something like that. It was super ******ed. Something about him having to fight Death everytime he "died" in order to come back. But in the end, he finally killed Death, but it took a good chunk out of his healing factor, so it's back to the way it used to be.

Well, like everything in comics these days, it depends on the writer that comes after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"