John Wick: Chapter 5

im-thinking-im-back-john-wick.gif

4’s ending felt right but if his death was a fake out they shouldn’t try to replicate it in Chapter 5. Just have him be at peace somewhere after his mission is complete.

I'mma be honest

I really hope they don't keep trying with the philosophy of bigger and longer action sequences. JW4 might have quite possibly some of the greatest gunfights I've ever seen in a film but Jesus was it exhausting and honestly overshadowed what made the series great in the first place. The action wasn't the focus, it was the method used by interesting characters, with blank cheque level motives, in the landscape of one of the most interesting fictional underworlds ever devised. It just so happens that said method was also downright fantastic.

I honestly hope they bring it more in line with JW1, as much as I supremely doubt that happening given the copious money their current approach has

If JW4 didnt end the way it did I might be more open to a fifth installment. I just dont like seeing perfect endings being reverse engineered. Sometimes I like my stories to just...end you know? JW 1-4 tell a great story, I just worry of it being diluted with more and more installments as Hollywood is wanton to do. But if Chad and Keanu have a story I will give them the benefit.

In any event, I suspect the fifth one wont be for some time anyway and we're gonna get a good deal of breathing space until it happens, that way they create some hunger for it.

Last edited:
I'll fly over there in a heartbeat if they serve the duck fat fries from Chapter 2.

The John Wick… experience? What, am I gonna witness deaths? Am I gonna be killed myself?

They throw you off a 10 story building so you can experience how landing on soft objects like fire escapes and parked cars will allow you to get up and walk away.

You also have to drive a Mustang really fast at some metal containers.

If JW4 didnt end the way it did I might be more open to a fifth installment. I just dont like seeing perfect endings being reverse engineered. Sometimes I like my stories to just...end you know? JW 1-4 tell a great story, I just worry of it being diluted with more and more installments as Hollywood is wanton to do. But if Chad and Keanu have a story I will give them the benefit.

In any event, I suspect the fifth one wont be for some time anyway and we're gonna get a good deal of breathing space until it happens, that way they create some hunger for it.

There's a way that a fifth film can work without the story from the 4th film being ruined: make the events of the fifth film take place before the events of the first movie, basically a prequel to the first movie.

Would be interesting to see a prequel film with a young John. Risky, but potentially could be really special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"