• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

Very intriguing with Gaga possibly signing on, but they lost me with the film being a musical. Maybe they have that wrong and there will be some kind of musical sequence or two (which would make sense and be cool), but the entire film being a musical? That's a no from me, dawg.

I consume a lot of music, but I've never been a big fan of musicals. That said, there is one exception, and it's actually a story about a character who has psychiatric problems... The Wall. But hey, I don't expect any project to come close to that one any time soon, even without talking about the music of Pink Floyd.

About Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn, I can see it and trust her to do something unique about the character, just as Phoenix did with his Joker.

The musical part surprised me more than the Gaga part. I've only seen a few musicals but we'll see where it goes.

Not really a big fan of musicals in general, so I’m not sure how to feel, tbh.

I'll keep an open mind, but generally speaking I'm also not a fan of musicals. The only cinematic musicals I like are Grease and Rocky Horror Picture Show. And I guess The Wall, but that's far from your typical musical.

Guys, it's the perfect way to interpret Joker's fantasy world while ****ing with us as to what's real or not.

If Joker wanted a movie, I'm sure he'd love some dance and music and singing in it. It just seems so depraved, it's breaking every sequel conventions and Phoenix and Todd Phillips have now no limit to what will surprise us and tourment us in a new a logic way for this character.

Sure it's not for everyone but people were complaining before the first one, like a lot, those guys aren't making general audience movie, they're ****ing with them and we should have a lot more of these type in those generic days of blockbuster IMO.

Count me thrilled, excited, afraid and in for this unpredictable ride.
Make some twisted art!

Last edited:
Guess if he falls in love with his psychiatrist then he'd reconsider his life from a "comedy" to a "musical."

The musical idea could work. Maybe a final scene of Arthur in his padded room at Arkham, wearing a straitjacket, dribbling, showing the whole thing was in his head?

Guess if he falls in love with his psychiatrist then he'd reconsider his life from a "comedy" to a "musical."

And to escape this isolated building he lives in! At first people will get upset but I'm sure it'll make sense when watching the movie.

Plus, the first one was so successful that they couldn't try to recreate that, as artist, they have to feel free as much as the first time.

This being a musical greatly increases my interest. Even if it ends up not working, the very idea is creative and could be funny.

Gaga Harley, musical elements and more Joaquin… this movie officially has my fascination now.

Margot you had a really good run, but Gaga is gonna take over from here.

This being a musical greatly increases my interest. Even if it ends up not working, the very idea is creative and could be funny.

And Arthur will go from dancer to singer!

lady-gaga-applause-crazy-creepy-2.gif

I keep thinking back to that awful season of American Horror Story she was a part of.
Ah Hotel where they couldn't figure out how to end it. No seriously I can't remember how that season went.

I love how this Black Label casting clearly must mean that Robbie's days as Harley Quinn are over. By extension, Barry Koeghan may as well hang it up as Joker too, right? Or even Leto reprising his role in Zack Snyder's Justice League after this Joker movie came out.

I mean, tell me you don't get how the multiverse works without flat out saying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"