Jon Peters

Catman

Avenger
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
29,046
Reaction score
1
Points
31
These people must really hate Jon Peters. Did anyone else notice how Danny Elfman was like the only person to mention Jon Peters. Everyone else acted as if he didn't exist. So much hate...
 
Strangely enough he was not interviewed either or given a special thanks in the end credits(Keaton and others who did not do new interviews even got a credit) even though he was a huge part of the production and marketing of the movie. Maybe his recent split with WB caused him not to contribute.
 
From what I've always heard, Peters gave Burton a hell of a hard time while making the movie. And there's a rumor going around that one day he gave Burton an exceptionally hard time and Keaton went and intimidated him, in the batsuit! After that he eased up on Burton considerably.

Seems a bit farfetched, but that would be kick ass if true.
 
DocLathropBrown said:
From what I've always heard, Peters and Guber gave Burton a hell of a hard time while making the movie. And there's a rumor going around that one day they gave Burton an exceptionally hard time and Keaton went and intimidated them, in the batsuit! After that they eased up on Burton considerably.

Seems a bit farfetched, but that would be kick ass if true.
Yeah, if Keaton in the original batsuit came up to me like that, I'd punch him. He'd fall down, and he wouldn't be able to get up.
 
Big Fat Pauly said:
Yeah, if Keaton in the original batsuit came up to me like that, I'd punch him. He'd fall down, and he wouldn't be able to get up.
LMAO
 
If anyone here ever saw An Evening With Kevin Smith , youd see what kind of person Jon Peters is, a very crazy man.
p.s That keaton/bat story was excellent,Batman stands up for the people!
 
DocLathropBrown said:
From what I've always heard, Peters and Guber gave Burton a hell of a hard time while making the movie. And there's a rumor going around that one day they gave Burton an exceptionally hard time and Keaton went and intimidated them, in the batsuit! After that they eased up on Burton considerably.

Seems a bit farfetched, but that would be kick ass if true.

If that's true, then that's so f**king cool it would make even the Fonz look lame in comparison. :eek: :batman::up:
 
If micheal keaton came up to me in the batsuit I would cry. :(
 
That story of Keaton threatening Peters and Guber might be true because I've also heard that Jack Nicholson got into arguments with Peters and Guber. And, on the DVD Burton speaks about how positive Nicholson was to him and helpful, etc. Although I think Jon Peters might have been the real prick. At least Burton and company mention Peter Guber a couple of times on the DVD. They never mention Jon Peters. Danny Elfman, Robert Wuhl, and Mark Canton are the only people who speak of Jon Peters. Everyone else pretty much acknowledge Peter Guber. So, I guess, Jon Peters was the real prick and Peter might have been influenced a few times to be a prick.
 
BTW, did you guys know that Steven Spielberg banned Jon Peters and Peter Guber from the set of The Color Purple? true story!
 
Catman said:
That story of Keaton threatening Peters and Guber might be true because I've also heard that Jack Nicholson got into arguments with Peters and Guber. And, on the DVD Burton speaks about how positive Nicholson was to him and helpful, etc. Although I think Jon Peters might have been the real prick. At least Burton and company mention Peter Guber a couple of times on the DVD. They never mention Jon Peters. Danny Elfman, Robert Wuhl, and Mark Canton are the only people who speak of Jon Peters. Everyone else pretty much acknowledge Peter Guber. So, I guess, Jon Peters was the real prick and Peter might have been influenced a few times to be a prick.


I heard Nicholson got into a lot fights with Basinger as well

And a little off topic, did anyone else fight it sad and funny when Wuhl said he was so excited when his character didnt die at the end of Batman so he could be in the sequel, and then was bummed because he wasnt asked back for the sequel.
 
Anybody find it funny when keaton was like " Yeah people will say " Hey Batman! " and he was like " Couldnt they be a little more creative? " or somthing like that, I think it shows he definatly didnt want the typecast that Reeves got, but he got it anyway.
 
Jon "Giant Spider" Peters needs to go back to hair dressing. BTW, the extras on the '89 DVD are a LOT better and more insightful than the Batman Begins' extras.
 
Those who are interested in hearing more about Peters/Guber should read the book Hit and Run- which is about the rise and fall of Peters and how they took over Sony Pictures for a short time. There is a lenthy chapter on Batman in there where they interview Burton and he said that basically Guber was very much involved in the preprod of the film, while Jon Peters was the one always on set and there was a time according to the book where they pressured Burton so much that he ran off set- there is a scene in Burton's Ed Wood that is exactly like this, so that incident probably inspired it. While Peters probably would have ruined Superman, he did have some good ideas for Bat 89 and was hugely involved in the marketing hype. Also yes Speilberg did ban them from Color Purple and they also were barely involved with Rain Man even though they were credited on it. In fact Peters was so clueless about the story of Rain Man , the one time he went to the set he asked Tom Cruise "Your playing the ******ed one right?", according to the book.
 
The guys a grade A prick. Imagine what 'wild Wild West' couldve been if it wasnt for him and his giant spider fetish! :)

Seem to recall the British press in 89 ran a story that he was seeing Basinger at the time and he was insanely jealous of the kissing scenes between her and Keaton and was convinved that Jack was trying to get into her pants.

Wasnt he the guy who didnt want Superman to fly because he didnt think the audience would be able to relate to him?! WTF?!!!

That quote in the post above about what he asked Tom Cruise is hilarious.

Another story of a producer who's al ego and no knowledge of the source material.
 
Peters always comes off like a tool when I hear him in interviews.
 
"You know why you and me are gonna do a good job on Superman? Because me and you, were from the streets"

-jon peters
 
Punisher RULES said:
"You know why you and me are gonna do a good job on Superman? Because me and you, were from the streets"

-jon peters


lol........this is all from an evening with Kevin Smith?
 
Super_Ludacris said:
lol........this is all from an evening with Kevin Smith?
yes,theres like 20 minutes of Kev talking about how f**ked up Jon Peters is.
 
He wanted Brainic to raze polar bears at the FoS and have a gay black robot sidekick. He also wanted Brainic to have a dog so they could sell toys of it, not to mention the thanagarian snar beast. Hes crazy and hes a prick. hes a crick, or prazy, which ever you prefer.
 
Punisher RULES said:
"You know why you and me are gonna do a good job on Superman? Because me and you, were from the streets"

-jon peters

Man, that is comedic gold. I can just see him saying that, with his perma-tan and bouffant hair.

I think no truer word has ever been said when I say "LOL"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,530
Messages
21,752,804
Members
45,587
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"