The Avengers Joss Whedon leading on "Avengers" short list of directors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also the man who told David Hasselhoff he's the "perfect Nick Fury" and stated Ioan Grufford is the "perfect Mr. Fantastic."

Poor IG got a bad rap for that in my opinion. He portrayed RR as boring. That's exactly what I was expecting. I've read quite a few FF comics and that's RR's personality to a "t". I gotta agree with Stan on that one. And I'll also say the first FF movie wasn't bad at all.

Why do people keep bringing that up? "Well Whedon can handle ensembles!"

Errr... yea? And? So can countless other directors. Doesn't mean they'd be right for Avengers.

You need more than just the ability to handle ensembles to do Avengers justice.

Recall that Brian Singer was praised for the same thing prior to the X-Men movies and delivered for the most part.

Stark SHOULD stay arrogant as far as I'm concerned, he just needs an ego check now and then. It's not poor storytelling for someone who's arrogant to stay arrogant.

I don't want to go off on a tangent, but a lot of people seem to think it's a necessity for the protagonist to go through some enormous transformation by the end of a movie, and that really bugs me. Saying something HAS to happen like that or else the movie's no good is pretty ignorant and actually puts major restrictions on storytelling, if anything.

Makes me think of Han Solo for some reason. Just watched Empire Strikes Back the other day (nephew had never seen it) and his "I know" at the end was classic. Sure Han had changed a bit...but he was still arrogant...and we love him for it.

Looking at the stuff this guy has directed doesn't fill me with confidence for this movie. Okay so Favreau and Branaugh have definitely surprised me with the quality of their work, but after using Favreau, Letterier, Branaugh and Johnston why did they feel this guy would be the right choice to bring it all together in what should be Marvel's opus.
I guess it would of been impossible to have multiple directors working together towards a common goal, and nothing would get done as heads butted, yet I can't help but feel that it be better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"