Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Spielberg is planning to co-direct "Indiana Jone IV" and He's looked to Joe Johnson to direct this film, but Spielberg has said that he will play a part in the production. I would love to hear the script. This movie was suppose to you already happened but Spielberg is trying to get the best script and rejected many many rough drafts. I hope when Jurassic Park IV is made that it will be "Spielberg Material". I love Spielberg! Brilliant Man Spielberg is.

jurassic-park06.jpg

Jurassic%20Park%20III%2007.jpg

RexTwoJeep.jpg

RaptorGrin.jpg

RexFrontMouthClosed.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78691

Spielberg and Protosevich Meeting for Possible Jurassic Park 4

Source: Heat Vision
June 15, 2011

jurassicparkno.jpg

It's been 10 years since the last "Jurassic Park" movie hit theaters, but Steven Spielberg and screenwriter Mark Protosevich are now brainstorming a Jurassic Park 4, reports Heat Vision.

Spielberg, who directed the first two films and was an executive producer on the third, has met Protosevich twice to think of a story for a potential fourth film in the franchise, the trade says.

Universal Pictures, which released the trilogy, and Spielberg's representatives are saying that a writer has not been hired and that the discussions have been "purely exploratory."

Based on the late Michael Crichton's books, the first "Jurassic Park" film earned $915 million worldwide, the second $619 million, and the third dropped down to $369 million.

Protosevich's story and screenwriting credits include Thor, I Am Legend, Poseidon and The Cell.

I'd love a fourth JP but please, please have an actual story. Speilberg can do such dramatic movies but in JP its just people running from dinos. Cant we have both?

Last edited:
I think that pretty much all the possible stories to tell about Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna have been exhausted. What would entice some of the characters to go back to the island? Where would it lead? I've been thinking about story ideas about JP4, and none of them really hold water.

I'm surprised Spielberg still wants to get this running. Well, if a fourth IJ movie can happen...

Part of me wants them to go back to Isla Nublar. I cant believe that every single animal died in the hurricane.

Good news. I want that '93 magic to return.

Part of me wants them to go back to Isla Nublar. I cant believe that every single animal died in the hurricane.

In the books, Nublar was bombed to oblivion by the Costa Rican government. And in JP3 they even hint that that was the case when the college student says to Grant "Once the U.N. and the Costa Rican government decide how to handle the second island, scientists will just go in and look for themselves."

Here's to hoping a fourth JP happens and serves as a great send-off for the series. This has so much potential to easily be the best JP since the original.

I miss JP being a Summer event every few Summers. I still remember all of the buzz and hype surrounding The Lost World in the months leading up to it's release back in early 1997 and what an event it was when it was finally out.

They should do it handy-cam style like Cloverfield and Super 8. Jus kidding :dry:

I think the real issue with "reviving" Jurassic Park is that dinosaurs just aren't enough any more. When Jurassic Park first came out, it was regarded as incredible for its visual effects (and rightly so). Stuff people had never seen before, or at least that well.

But that was then. Nowadays, audiences are used to much more. Just seeing living dinosaurs doesn't do much for people. We got them for free in a King Kong movie. The "awe" is gone.

As long as Spielberg is involved I'm interested... if not it will be just another Primeval episode or one of those Syfy movies...

God... if I had a gun pointed to my head I could not come up with a solid idea fo another story.

But if Spielberg is brainstorming I feel a bit better. This movie doesn't need to happen, but if they come up with one, I'll see it.

I find it pretty funny they're brainstorming though. Spielberg is probably saying, "So what the **** will this next one be about? Because I have no idea."

I would welcome a fourth entry into the Jurassic Park series with open arms, however I do hope they move away from what they did in the third movie. To be more specific, I never did like the idea of dinosaurs being more intelligent & being able to communicate.

There's a deleted scene in The Lost World: JP where Ludlow is at a board meeting and it's mentioned that Isla Nublar was more or less destroyed, however I think it could be retconned easily enough by saying the demolition plans were never finalized and as a result, Nublar could still be around that way. I too would would love to see Nublar re-visited.

It's just how can you create a story without it being so goddamn contrived? And would they even bring back characters from the previous films? As much as I'd love to see Malcolm come back, he already was forced into going to Sorna for Sarah and wanted to get the hell out immediately. I don't know how you would get him back. Same with Grant.

They hope they just make it as Billy & the Cloneasaurus.

And would they even bring back characters from the previous films? As much as I'd love to see Malcolm come back, he already was forced into going to Sorna for Sarah and wanted to get the hell out immediately. I don't know how you would get him back. Same with Grant.

I think Sam Neill took himself out of the running, whenever questioned about JP4. However, Laura Dern has said she could return (in one 2008 interview, she says she can't say "no" to Spielberg), but that was three years ago.

I'd be surprised if they get any of the veteran actors for JP4, if Spielberg and Universal can get a workable script. I'd say try to get the younger actors, like Joseph Mazzello, Ariana Richards or Vanessa Lee Chester from the first two to lead a new cast.

That doesn't sound interesting at all though. You really can't use anybody else from the last films because they either already came back, and if smart enough wouldn't come back again, or just aren't interesting enough to lead a film.

There's a deleted scene in The Lost World: JP where Ludlow is at a board meeting and it's mentioned that Isla Nublar was more or less destroyed, however I think it could be retconned easily enough by saying the demolition plans were never finalized and as a result, Nublar could still be around that way. I too would would love to see Nublar re-visited.
They can come up with something to have dino's on Nublar even after being blown up. They can just use that scene were that guy(forgot his name) who stole those embroyos and wrecked and u see them getting buried by the mud,you could use that as a reason why Dino's on island?
Or heck you could have them send in special forces to make sure Dino's are dead or have them finish off the rest,but have something go wrong and have to fight for survival???

Tbh, this film don't have to star Sam Neil's character, even though I think it would be awesome. There are ways to reboot the series, but sitll keep it connected. Reboot in terms of new character. The events of the first 3 still happened.

The original story for JP3 was so much better. Dinos on the mainland and Grant invesitgating them leading them to the island.

I mean dinos being on the mainland is a good start I guess?

Will work for food.

They can come up with something to have dino's on Nublar even after being blown up. They can just use that scene were that guy(forgot his name) who stole those embroyos and wrecked and u see them getting buried by the mud,you could use that as a reason why Dino's on island?
Or heck you could have them send in special forces to make sure Dino's are dead or have them finish off the rest,but have something go wrong and have to fight for survival???

An upcoming new JP video game is actually set to explore what became of those embryos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"