Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say keep a new park being remade thingy but do things differently. Maybe have the CIA or some Government team built from scratch made specifically to deal with the Dinosaur issues & adult Tim & Lex from the first movie are leading that division & they find out that a new park was rebuilt & then say either one of them Tim or Lex ends up stuck on the new Island & does not check in so the one left behind goes to Ian & Alan for help to rescue the person trapped on the Island but also to shut down the new park etc

I'd be cool with that synopsis!

This is my serious synopsis that I think would be cool other than evolved Terror Dome Dinosaurs:

The US Government has set up a base on Isla Sorna to experiment on the dinosaurs because they believe that their genes hold a cure for cancer and other various diseases since they lived for millions and millions of years. Mercenaries for Biosyn or some other company come in to steal the data and the samples as well as some embryos. The power gets shut off and everything goes wild. The CIA recruits Dr. Satler, Grant, and Ian to lead a US Seal Team into the island to recover the data as well as save the US scientists...one of them happens to be Tim from the first movie! So, Satler, Grant, and Ian know they must go. Satler and Grant go for field experience and Ian goes to help with data recovery.

I would love to see a reboot that has more stuff from the books thrown in.

I think I'd be open to a reboot once the current series gets at least one more movie and one that ends it on a much better note than JP3. A reboot merging aspects of the films and games into one could be interesting to see.

This is my serious synopsis that I think would be cool other than evolved Terror Dome Dinosaurs:

The US Government has set up a base on Isla Sorna to experiment on the dinosaurs because they believe that their genes hold a cure for cancer and other various diseases since they lived for millions and millions of years. Mercenaries for Biosyn or some other company come in to steal the data and the samples as well as some embryos. The power gets shut off and everything goes wild. The CIA recruits Dr. Satler, Grant, and Ian to lead a US Seal Team into the island to recover the data as well as save the US scientists...one of them happens to be Tim from the first movie! So, Satler, Grant, and Ian know they must go. Satler and Grant go for field experience and Ian goes to help with data recovery.

I would love to see Tim as the protagonist in performing research on a new generation trying to save the animals. This works well because much of the original 1990s cast has aged much.

Man, as much as that sounds like a good synopsis, at the end of the day, it's dinosaurs attacking humans yet again and something going very wrong yet again. And getting Grant, Satler and Malcolm back is a big stretch too. As much as I would love to see all three of them again.

You could definitely do something with Hammond dying and Biosyn and the government coming in and wanting to continue and taking control of things. It becomes this worldwide debate as to whether to keep the dinos or kill them all.

That would be great, IMO. And the addition of Tim would help alot, if you ask me.

Following in the footsteps of the Back to the future game...

If you can't make a sequel, do a game!

[YT]B8VLohi9yD8[/YT]

An illness sweeps through one of the islands near Nublar. Costa Rica or wherever. It is traced back to the carcass of a raptor found in the jungle. Studies discover the dino had been carrying a strain of virus that ran rampant in the absence of the special diet the dinos had been given on Nublar. More evidence appears that dinos are reaching the mainland. InGen is put under public scrutiny and things begin going south for the company.

BioSyn operatives sabotage InGen's formula for the specially-treated dinosaur chow in hopes of wrecking the company. In order to test the formulas, BioSyn begins cloning their own dinosaurs in secret. Unfortunately the formulas BioSyn obtained led to gross mutations in their dinosaurs. Many of the test subjects had to be put down and recorded as failures.

Thus BioSyn is forced to send a team to Isla Nublar in hopes of simply obtaining a few vital specimens from the wildlife there. Unknown to BioSyn, InGen has also sent in a team-unofficially-for similar purposes.

As the two teams navigate the ruins of Jurassic Park in search of a means to containing the rapidly-spreading infection, dinosaurs begin appearing with greater frequence in Costa Rica and surrounding areas.

I'm reading the Jurassic park novel by Michael criton for the first time and absolutely love it. I'd be very interested in seeing a acurate, because there are some major differences between the two, version of the book put on film. Down to the tiny things like Alan grant having a beard. It wouldn't have to be a reboot or anything, just an acurate version of the novel. I'd be very interested in seeing that.

Dinosaurs with guns, Dinosaurs vs Zombies or Dinosaurs eating sparkling vampires and wolfboys should be the way to go on the next one.

I've read the books too. I thought they were superior in ways but some of the aspects seemed like they would not translate well into a movie. Although it's been more than a decade since I read them. This talk of a fourth movie has me interested in re-reading them again though.

How about simply a Spinosaurus pack gets loose in Costa Rica, and Dr. Grant is summoned in order to help hunt it down by their government in a debate whether to kill it or not.

Last edited:
I'm reading the Jurassic park novel by Michael criton for the first time and absolutely love it. I'd be very interested in seeing a acurate, because there are some major differences between the two, version of the book put on film. Down to the tiny things like Alan grant having a beard. It wouldn't have to be a reboot or anything, just an acurate version of the novel. I'd be very interested in seeing that.

I have read that book like 3 or 4 times. I love it.

I would love to see a reboot that has more stuff from the books thrown in.

I don't see it happening. Jurassic Park was too big a phenomenon, for better or worse. It's our generation's Jaws. Maybe a reboot has a shot after Spielberg passes (god forbid).

The closest thing I could see to a reboot is a television mini-series. But it would have to be very different.

How sure are we that this "Spielberg talk about JP" isn't in actuality about his upcoming show Tera Nova (a show involving dinosaurs)?

I love the JP books and the first film and merchandise had a MASSIVE impact on my childhood, but I really feel that the franchise is dead. The 2nd film was medicore and the 3rd film is (IMO) barely enough to watch when bored (in fact, its been shown on TV, and I chose to stay bored than watch it again).

Yes, I WOULD love to see another dinosaur movie that is worthy to sit beside my JP dvd and my assortment of JP and non-JP dinosaur collection, but we're talking about milking a cow that is well past empty.

If we're talking about keeping the JP franchise alive, I'd much prefer a solid, expansive game series that reinvents and/or expands upon the stories we DO know of...sort of like the original JP game for sega. (I'm aware of the DL game coming, and while I'm planning on getting it, it doesn't seem like it will be anything amazing).

^^ True, but what about the bugdet of the show? I'm sure many people would be expecting great dinosaur effects.

I think it could be manageable if it's given a decent budget. Look at Terra Nova.

A Jurassic Park series with proper backing could presumably get a decent budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"