Kevin Costner is Mr. Brooks

That should be interesting. I'm a huge Kevin Costner fan. Love to see what he does with the role.

Hi-Res
qtlogo.jpg
(25.1Mb)

I really like the look of this,Costner is menacing:wow:

Is his acting good for once? Im at school so I can't check out the trailor.

Is his acting good for once? Im at school so I can't check out the trailor.

I think he looks very good in it but then if you have a hate for him i doubt much will change your mind

I don't him. Just his movies. Alot could change with this one.

Mr. Brooks. Kevin Costner is playing my 7th grade history teacher? *looks at first post* My 7th grade history teacher was evil?!:wow:

Wow, wasn't expecting to see Dane Cook. Looks like it could be an interesting movie.

Dane Cook.

"Dude, that knife is AWESOME! You ever just, like, be in line at the grocery store and somebody cuts in front of you and you just take the knife and just, just....shive their ass, dude? That would be AWESOME!!"

I'll give it lookie!

Dane Cook.

"Dude, that knife is AWESOME! You ever just, like, be in line at the grocery store and somebody cuts in front of you and you just take the knife and just, just....shive their ass, dude? That would be AWESOME!!"

LOL!!

I'm looking forward to this. I've never seen Costner in a role like this before, so that should be interesting. And it's always nice to see Demi Moore acting again. Her kids are grown enough, she doesn't need to take four year breaks anymore to devote time to them.

I'm wondering who William Hurt's character is, that is to say, is he real or a figment of Costner's imagination. The scene in the car together reminded me of Dexter, and what he refers to as his "Dark Passenger".

I don't care what anyone else says, Costner put in one of the best screen villians ever as the son of Elvis in 3000 Miles to Graceland, so count me among the very excited. Just as long as I don't ever have to sit through The Gaurdian.

Minor career rebirth for Mr Costner here. And good for him.

LOL!!

I'm looking forward to this. I've never seen Costner in a role like this before, so that should be interesting. And it's always nice to see Demi Moore acting again. Her kids are grown enough, she doesn't need to take four year breaks anymore to devote time to them.

I'm wondering who William Hurt's character is, that is to say, is he real or a figment of Costner's imagination. The scene in the car together reminded me of Dexter, and what he refers to as his "Dark Passenger".

That's exactly what i was thinking about Hurts character

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19122

Mr. Brooks Sequels?
Source: Entertainment Weekly
February 28, 2007

mrbrookssequels.jpg
Entertainment Weekly recently talked to Kevin Costner about his new thriller, Mr. Brooks, scheduled to open in theaters on June 1.

In the film, Costner plays Earl Brooks, a loving family man and a local business icon. But Mr. Brooks is deeply flawed and very aware of it. He is addicted to killing. Struggling with his pathology, he tries to quit, but his alter-ego, "Marshall" (played by William Hurt), has an altogether different idea. "Marshall" enjoys his "existence" and his "work."

"I wasn't dying to do a role like this. I'm not a guy that goes 'Boo!' But when I read it, I thought the writers found an amazing window into the subject matter. Now I feel this is as strong a performance as I've ever given," he told the magazine.

Costner feels so good about the film, he's already talking sequels. "This was written with the idea that we would do a couple others," explains the actor. "When the writers first presented the notion to me, I said, 'Oh, bulls---! I haven't done Tin Cup 2, or Bull Durham 2, or Open Range: The Early Years, so you don't have to try to hook me with that.' But when they told me their idea, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. We're hoping this little movie develops a following so we can play this story out the way it should."

Mr. Brooks also stars Demi Moore and Dane Cook. You can watch the trailer here.

Looks cool but:

In the film, Costner plays Earl Brooks, a loving family man and a local business icon. But Mr. Brooks is deeply flawed and very aware of it. He is addicted to killing. Struggling with his pathology, he tries to quit, but his alter-ego, "Marshall" (played by William Hurt), has an altogether different idea. "Marshall" enjoys his "existence" and his "work."

WTF, how does he have an alter ego played by another actor?

Oh no, please don't tell me this is another Secret Window..........

When I first saw the poster hunterrider posted I thought it was Senator Kelly from the X-Men movies lol

The movie looks interesting though.

I just saw the first poster on Saturday when I saw "Grindhouse," and I thought it was about Mel Brooks. Only when I got home did I go to IMDb...

Nice. At least if Costner does bad in this, it won't damage his career as much as Open Range...or anything else he did in the last seven years, for that matter.

As much as I can't stand Kevin Costner he is doing something here that makes me want to see this.
And I do love William Hurt. Seems like it will certainly have me gripping my seat.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who likes Costner. :p

I just can't stand his mannerisms,his voice, the way he looks.....:( Okay,I feel bad now. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"