Kevin Smith's Tusk

MOVIELORD101

Utter Smeghead
Reaction score
Announced earlier this year, writer-director Kevin Smith is making a return to horror with an indie project called Tusk. Today, Variety brings word that Genesis Rodriguez (Man on a Ledge, Identity Thief) is set to play the film's female lead opposite Justin Long and Michael Parks.

Described as an "unsettling" tale likened to Tom Six's Human Centipede, Tusk concerns a man who was once lost at sea with a walrus. When the man returns home, he puts out an ad for a roommate. The only thing this man asks is that his roommate wear a walrus costume and act only like the animal. Somewhere along the way, the film takes a darker turn.

Smith developed the script with Smodcast pal Scott Mosier. Sam Englebardt and William D. Johnson will produce through Demarest Films with Shannon McIntosh producing through Smodcast Pictures. David Greathouse and Jennifer Schwalbach are executive producing.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110108

I take NO PLEASURE in what I'm about to say, but I'm calling it right now: the "dark turn" will probably involve [BLACKOUT]the man having sex with the man-walrus[/BLACKOUT]. Again, I HOPE not, but given all the ****ed up movies like this we keep getting, something like this usually tends to happen at some point at least ONCE in them. :barf:

Lol he's been taking about his on his podcast for months, I can't wait for it lol

He talked about it when he was down here for a convention. I can't wait to see it. Actually loosely based on a true story.

I laughed my ass off listening to the podcast awhile ago where they first read the news story. I NEVER expected him to follow through lol

Kevin Smith's first five movies are some of my favorites ever, but I just can't get as excited for his stuff as I used to. Red State had a decent enough setup, but I liked it less and less as it went on. I'll probably give Tusk a shot eventually, but I'll keep my expectations low.

I can't imagine this not being a comedy.
So, Horror-Comedy is probably what this is.

This is going to be the best movie of existance.

I can't imagine this not being a comedy.
So, Horror-Comedy is probably what this is.
Did you see Red State? Aside from a bit at the beginning there wasn't any funny parts.

Jersey Girl, too.

Kevin Smith's first five movies are some of my favorites ever, but I just can't get as excited for his stuff as I used to. Red State had a decent enough setup, but I liked it less and less as it went on. I'll probably give Tusk a shot eventually, but I'll keep my expectations low.
I enjoyed Red State, but hearing what Kevin had originally planned for the ending ruined it for me.

I take NO PLEASURE in what I'm about to say, but I'm calling it right now: the "dark turn" will probably involve [BLACKOUT]the man having sex with the man-walrus[/BLACKOUT]. Again, I HOPE:

Nope. The dark turn is that the man surgically alters the roommate into a walrus-man. Sewing his arms to his side, knocking out his teeth and implanting tusks and he even keeps him in a walrus tank like from the zoo

At least that's what was said in the original podcast where this idea came up

Last edited:
Nope. The dark turn is that the man surgically alters the roommate into a walrus-man. Sewing his arms to his side, knocking out his teeth and implanting tusks and he even keeps him in a walrus tank like from the zoo

At least that's what was said in the original podcast where this idea came up

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

I could just sneak into anthrocon or something...

Can anyone tell me from which fatman-on-batman/podcast episode this is from?

The original one was under SMODCAST, the series he does with Scott Mosier. It's smodcast #259' entitled the walrus and the carpenter.

Haley Joel Osment Sees Tusk People

Many moons have passed since Haley Joel Osment saw dead people for M. Night Shyamalan, but he's ready to get back into the high profile horror movies biz! Word has come that Osment has just signed to be a part of Kevin Smith's Tusk!

According to Deadline, Osment (pictured) will play Teddy, whose best friend and podcast co-host (Justin Long) goes missing in the backwoods of Canada. He joins forces with his friend’s girlfriend (Genesis Rodriguez) to search for him. Production begins next month in North Carolina and LA.

Synopsis
Financier and production company DEMAREST FILMS (Machete Kills, A Most Wanted Man) will underwrite and produce visionary director Kevin Smith's next film, the audacious and utterly terrifying Tusk.

Tusk, which commences principal photography in Charlotte, North Carolina, on November 4, will star Justin Long (Live Free or Die Hard, A Case of You) and cult favorite Michael Parks (Red State, Django Unchained). Smith will direct his own script, which evolved from Episode 259 of his long-running podcast with Scott Mosier, the award-winning SModcast. Tusk's horror story follows a podcaster who sets out to interview an eccentric, reclusive old seafarer, only to find himself a plaything in the gruesome plot of a deranged killer.

Demarest's Sam Englebardt and William D. Johnson will produce Tusk alongside Shannon McIntosh for Smith's SModcast Pictures banner. Demarest's David Greathouse and Jennifer Schwalbach are executive producers. SModCo's Jordan Monsanto and Chris Parkinson, the author of the hoax walrus ad, are associate producers.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/71476/haley-joel-osment-sees-tusk-people#axzz2i7vSzUSk

I thought Kevin Smith had retired.

It seems like everyone has some point they "retire" in Hollywood only to come back at some point. It might be a few months. It might be 20 years but they always seem to return.

I love reading Kevin Smith related news, always brings the film snobs to the forefront.

He's also in talks with AMC to turn his proposed hockey film "Hit Somebody" into a three part mini series

It's good to see Kevin Smith making films again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"