Kid asked If I was Superman...

Flash-er

Civilian
Reaction score
Maybe this should go in the Superman section, my apologies in advance if so. Okay, so I went to Superman Returns and about 2 hours before my friend calls me up and says I should shave and wear a red cape to the movie. I tell him that I'll do it if he finds the superman cape. Not just some red towel or cape-like thing. An actual Superman cape with the yellow S on back. Bas**rd not only gets a cape, but a whole freaking outfit. Well, there's a club in the strip mall that has the theatre and I told him that I would if they bought me some drinks. They agree, so I go to the bathroom, suit slumped over my arm and on the way ask the DJ where the nearest phone booth was. He laughs and I go on my way. I change, come out and as soon as that DJ sees me, plays "Kryptonite". I take my three drinks (cherry cough syrup, tiquilla and some blue one) and walk out to the lobby area where a line has formed for the movie. Everyone starts pointing, smiling and yes, there was laughter, but this kid looked at me like he just saw Santa. (bless the 5yr olds for ignoring the cheap costume). Kid tugs on the cape (bad kid), I turn and kneel down and he asks if I'm really superman. I look at his parents, who just look at me like I should say yes and I ask the kid what he thinks. He looks at me for a bit and says, "No, you're not flying". I smile at him and say "You're very smart for noticing that." He smiles and goes back to his parents. Then I notice someone I used to work with up the line and embarass the hell out of him. :D

BTW, there were people with cell phone cameras so someone please let me know if pics of some guy show up on the net? Thanks.

You're a brave soul, I feel funny just putting a Supes shirt to go see the film

Damn....should I wear a Spidey shirt or a Supes shirt :mad:

tzarinna said:
You're a brave soul, I feel funny just putting a Supes shirt to go see the film

You should never be ashamed of who you are, my dear.

Flash-er said:
Maybe this should go in the Superman section, my apologies in advance if so. Okay, so I went to Superman Returns and about 2 hours before my friend calls me up and says I should shave and wear a red cape to the movie. I tell him that I'll do it if he finds the superman cape. Not just some red towel or cape-like thing. An actual Superman cape with the yellow S on back. Bas**rd not only gets a cape, but a whole freaking outfit. Well, there's a club in the strip mall that has the theatre and I told him that I would if they bought me some drinks. They agree, so I go to the bathroom, suit slumped over my arm and on the way ask the DJ where the nearest phone booth was. He laughs and I go on my way. I change, come out and as soon as that DJ sees me, plays "Kryptonite". I take my three drinks (cherry cough syrup, tiquilla and some blue one) and walk out to the lobby area where a line has formed for the movie. Everyone starts pointing, smiling and yes, there was laughter, but this kid looked at me like he just saw Santa. (bless the 5yr olds for ignoring the cheap costume). Kid tugs on the cape (bad kid), I turn and kneel down and he asks if I'm really superman. I look at his parents, who just look at me like I should say yes and I ask the kid what he thinks. He looks at me for a bit and says, "No, you're not flying". I smile at him and say "You're very smart for noticing that." He smiles and goes back to his parents. Then I notice someone I used to work with up the line and embarass the hell out of him. :D

BTW, there were people with cell phone cameras so someone please let me know if pics of some guy show up on the net? Thanks.
shoulda said, "no son, superman is gay." :(

Silly kid. I'm Superman. It says so right there on your left. ;) :D

I was at Hooters once and some kid asked me if I was Captain Jack Sparrow. Not as cool as Superman, but it works.

boyscouT said:
You have the best username ever.
When I first joind Hype I was called "Supermanis#1" but when I found out no one was useing the name Superman I asked Hype to change my name and they did. I got lucky.:)

BlackSymbiote said:
I was at Hooters once and some kid asked me if I was Captain Jack Sparrow. Not as cool as Superman, but it works.

Why were there kids in Hooters :confused:

The kid thinking you were supes was cute. It's good to know that it's not just middle age men who are still interested in heroes

Noon said:
Why were there kids in Hooters :confused:

The kid thinking you were supes was cute. It's good to know that it's not just middle age men who are still interested in heroes
I first went to hooters when I was seven. It was awwwesuum.

And some people don't realize this,but their chicken is REALLY good.

BlackSymbiote said:

I was considering doing that for Halloween.

I went to Hooters once and some kid asked if I was The Blob. :(

When I went to a strip joint a guy automatically told me gay night is on Monday.:(

Sabretooth said:
When I went to a strip joint a guy automatically told me gay night is on Monday.:(
Oh snap. :(

Could've been the ''Head ***** In Charge'' shirt I was wearing.:(

FunBobPants said:
going to Hooters dressed up like a pirate? :confused:

Just the Pirate thing. I've already got one leg, so I'm halfway there. Last time I went to Hooters, the waitress called me a *****, so I told her "You are what you eat."

When I was at TGI Fridays a kid came up and asked me are you my daddy and I told him yes son, but your mom's a *****.

Last halloween some little kid asked me what I was supposed to be. I wasn't wearing a costume. :(

That's actually a true story. :(

DOG LIPS said:
Last halloween some little kid asked me what I was supposed to be. I wasn't wearing a costume. :(

LMAO! :up:

jag

DOG LIPS said:

What'd you reply with? I'd have said, "Your real father."

You should have said "Of course not. If I was, I wouldn't be waiting in line for my own movie."

I suppose I could dig out my Halloween costume from this year for the movie... I was Clark Kent :o

Pictures from mine:

pict00040to.jpg

pict00051lw.jpg

pict00061jk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1