Kid asked If I was Superman...

Haha you can see the S through the shirt, nice disguise.

Yeah it was the only white button down I had and its old and worn through :( I came up with and made my costume in the span of three days :o

Flash-er said:
Maybe this should go in the Superman section, my apologies in advance if so. Okay, so I went to Superman Returns and about 2 hours before my friend calls me up and says I should shave and wear a red cape to the movie. I tell him that I'll do it if he finds the superman cape. Not just some red towel or cape-like thing. An actual Superman cape with the yellow S on back. Bas**rd not only gets a cape, but a whole freaking outfit. Well, there's a club in the strip mall that has the theatre and I told him that I would if they bought me some drinks. They agree, so I go to the bathroom, suit slumped over my arm and on the way ask the DJ where the nearest phone booth was. He laughs and I go on my way. I change, come out and as soon as that DJ sees me, plays "Kryptonite". I take my three drinks (cherry cough syrup, tiquilla and some blue one) and walk out to the lobby area where a line has formed for the movie. Everyone starts pointing, smiling and yes, there was laughter, but this kid looked at me like he just saw Santa. (bless the 5yr olds for ignoring the cheap costume). Kid tugs on the cape (bad kid), I turn and kneel down and he asks if I'm really superman. I look at his parents, who just look at me like I should say yes and I ask the kid what he thinks. He looks at me for a bit and says, "No, you're not flying". I smile at him and say "You're very smart for noticing that." He smiles and goes back to his parents. Then I notice someone I used to work with up the line and embarass the hell out of him. :D
Cute story:D

AlteredEgo said:
shoulda said, "no son, superman is gay." :(
laugh.gif

I think I'll wear the venom shirt, damn I hope it's clean if not back to superman, I know those are clean

I got a Batman man shirt to wear to it. :) Black is the new Black. *ZING!*

tzarinna said:
I think I'll wear the venom shirt, damn I hope it's clean if not back to superman, I know those are clean
what, do you have to do your laundry on stones in the river?
Clean the Venom shirt!

This story would've been so much better if the kid just kicked you in the shin and ran away.

FunBobPants said:
going to Hooters dressed up like a pirate? :confused:

Uh, no. Actually I was wearing street clothes, I just happen to have a beard and I was wearing a bandanna.

Not sure how the US Flag = Captain Sparrow, but it works.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
what, do you have to do your laundry on stones in the river?
Clean the Venom shirt!

LOL, you always know what to say to a girl

Venom it is

I don't own a superhero shirt. . .well, except the free Fantastic Four shirt Fox mailed me, but it sports the movie version of the characters. And lets be honest, we all know how bad that movie sucked:down

Kmack said:
I don't own a superhero shirt. . .well, except the free Fantastic Four shirt Fox mailed me, but it sports the movie version of the characters. And lets be honest, we all know how bad that movie sucked:down

It's disgusting how many Spider-Man shirts I have, some with the tags still on :(

Holly Goodhead said:
Is Brandon Routh gay or straight? For real

I think you should start a thread about this on the Supes forum.

jag

Holly Goodhead said:
Is Brandon Routh gay or straight? For real

Don't know, only really going to see the Spidey teaser

Holly Goodhead said:
I think youre right.

Don't bother, you'll get flamed to high-heaven.

He's not, by the way. I've seen pics of him with his girlfriend...wait...:o

Hahaha, told you that you'd get flamed.

"Ban this queer!"

ha.

Wow, that didn't last long.

jag

Flash-er said:
Maybe this should go in the Superman section, my apologies in advance if so. Okay, so I went to Superman Returns and about 2 hours before my friend calls me up and says I should shave and wear a red cape to the movie. I tell him that I'll do it if he finds the superman cape. Not just some red towel or cape-like thing. An actual Superman cape with the yellow S on back. Bas**rd not only gets a cape, but a whole freaking outfit. Well, there's a club in the strip mall that has the theatre and I told him that I would if they bought me some drinks. They agree, so I go to the bathroom, suit slumped over my arm and on the way ask the DJ where the nearest phone booth was. He laughs and I go on my way. I change, come out and as soon as that DJ sees me, plays "Kryptonite". I take my three drinks (cherry cough syrup, tiquilla and some blue one) and walk out to the lobby area where a line has formed for the movie. Everyone starts pointing, smiling and yes, there was laughter, but this kid looked at me like he just saw Santa. (bless the 5yr olds for ignoring the cheap costume). Kid tugs on the cape (bad kid), I turn and kneel down and he asks if I'm really superman. I look at his parents, who just look at me like I should say yes and I ask the kid what he thinks. He looks at me for a bit and says, "No, you're not flying". I smile at him and say "You're very smart for noticing that." He smiles and goes back to his parents. Then I notice someone I used to work with up the line and embarass the hell out of him. :D

BTW, there were people with cell phone cameras so someone please let me know if pics of some guy show up on the net? Thanks.

not only is that a rad story, but you are one cool guy for how you dealt with that kid. seriously, are you superman?

BlackSymbiote said:
I was at Hooters once and some kid asked me if I was Captain Jack Sparrow. Not as cool as Superman, but it works.

You, sir, must be extremely, um, interesting looking.

Holly Goodhead said:
I didnt even get to see my creation. :(

It was a horrid, wretched thing of beauty in it's short-lived life, just before Morg killed it before it even had a chance to dry outside your womb. :(

jag

Damn, Toven. That was a fast closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"