Killzone for PS3: It's ALIVE!!!!!!!111!

Zenien said:
1. sales never scale 1:1 with install base
2. 2 million units sold on the PS2 platform is a flop = hilarity
3. Holding every game to the standard of Halo sales is not only insane, it's stupid.

They don't have to scale 1:1. But the fact that Killzone doesn't even come to close to plenty of actual good games in their widespread appeal to most of the install base shows that it must've been at least mediocre.

Mediocre and down is a flop to me, especially with a game like Killzone which was supposed to be the 'Halo-Killer'. There's no need to keep re-making mediocre games because they're only going to beget more mediocre installations.

Now, I understand there are such things as 'Sleeper Hits' where there are games that probably only sell a million or so but they're visibly 'good' games. Killzone is not one of those games. So, I don't see the point in trying to re-make a game that had mediocre sales during it's lifetime, along with mediocre (or terrible) reviews.

EDIT: Just so you know, this is Scrum, not Smash. I didn't realize his account was signed in. :o

Phaser said:
That's because Unreal Engine 3 wasn't designed only for Gears of War. The licensing revenues Epic generated were most probably more than enough to cover the development costs of the engine.
Epic has basically every publisher and/or developer. They've gotta be making a mint.

Mentok said:
Into the outback to find my spirit guide... Its probably a wombat or some crap animal like that :(

wombat%201.jpg
I was always fond of Wombats. :heart:

Wow,

I guess Killzone 2 has been under wraps for a while and has made a ton of progress, in my PSM they list all of the games that are coming out in 2007 and they say Killzone 2 has been confirmed by Guerilla for a summer launch.

Crazy :wow:

The Ether said:
theres about 600 000 people in north america who agree with you there too since they bought a wii.

i feel sorry for those 600,000.:csad:

and numbers dont matter. 21 million bought the gamecube and well look how that turnedout........im actually one of those people who bought the GC........and i really regret that descision.

GREAT NEWS!

Looks like we'll be finding out soon enough if Kill Zone 2 will actually live up to the hype. Next week there has been a rumor/leak from Sony and Guerilla that a Kill zone 2 demo will be coming to the PlayStation 3 network.

Supposedly why Kill Zone has been missing in action for a while is because Sony didn't want to show it last year because they wanted it to be Resistance's time to shine since it was a launch title and looked the most promising.

Now after two years Sony has revealed that Kill Zone 2 has had a demo that they were planning on releasing for quite a while but wanted to wait for the perfect opportunity to set it out. Well that time is now; with Halo 3 beta shipping next week on the 13th Sony has decided that is when they will release the Kill Zone 2 demo.

I'm so excited, I really hope it lives up to what we all want it to be but if not it was inevitable right? Anyways just thought I would let everyone who has a PlayStation 3 have the heads up.

Source: http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-24195.aspx

Seriously awesome stuff. :up:

Oh but its Killzone dude, not Kill Zone. :p

The reason Killzone hasn't showed up is because a conscious effort has been made to make sure the game comes somewhere near the quality of the orginal E3 trailer. They want to back up their claims.

This should be interesting. I hope it's good.

These rumors are a tad too much to believe.

But I'll tell you one thing, realistically, there is no possible positive future for Killzone 2.

I'm quite enthusiastic to see how far Guirella has come with Killzone 2. The first one seemed to have potential yet 5 minutes into the game and you knew that the underpowered piece of junk that is the PS2 hardware kept dragging it down the gutter. With the Halo series ending with number 3, console shooters need something to fill that gap. Here's hoping some great new franchises rise to the challenge. :up:

Awesome.

I hope game play is close to the trailer.

There has been some info that people were able to play the demo and they were astonished by how amazing the graphics were. They said easily they look back at the E3 Trailer and think of what they got done playing and say "Wow they easily surpasses my expectations, it looks a lot better."

Do I believe this? No I think its probable just some bulls**t marketing by Sony to have people say this. Just like Bungie saying "Oh my god Halo 3 is amazing." its just a bunch of hype.

Though I am excited about the demo next week, I can't wait to see how it looks.

There has been some info that people were able to play the demo and they were astonished by how amazing the graphics were. They said easily they look back at the E3 Trailer and think of what they got done playing and say "Wow they easily surpasses my expectations, it looks a lot better."

Do I believe this? No I think its probable just some bulls**t marketing by Sony to have people say this. Just like Bungie saying "Oh my god Halo 3 is amazing." its just a bunch of hype.

Though I am excited about the demo next week, I can't wait to see how it looks.
There's not much sense in Sony marketing that kind of comment if it turns out to be a blatent lie that we can all see with our own lies. That said, I haven't heard any of these comments anyway.

I'm quite enthusiastic to see how far Guerilla has come with Killzone 2. The first one seemed to have potential yet 5 minutes into the game and you knew that the underpowered piece of junk that is the PS2 hardware kept dragging it down the gutter. With the Halo series ending with number 3, console shooters need something to fill that gap. Here's hoping some great new franchises rise to the challenge. :up:
If anyone's going to make a great console shooter at this point, it's going to be Starbreeze. I do believe that Epic will one-day return to the Unreal series and make a true sequel to Unreal (Unreal 2: The Awakening was not a true sequel, and wasn't even made by Epic) and it will hopefully land on consoles, but until then, my faith is in "The Darkness". (Bioshock isn't a true shooter.)

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP LIZZI,:D I HOPE THE RUMOR IS TRUE I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK! I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE FIRST KILLZONE OR LIBERATIONS, BUT I'M PLANING ON GETTING AND BEATING BOTH BEFORE THE RELEASE OF THIS KILLZONE!!!:D :up:

Killzone PS2 has a few levels that are actually very fun to play, but you're going to have to slog through some duds to get there. :o

Killzone PSP is really fun but peaks about 75 percent of the way through. That being said it's still a worthy game, and it has all the tools to be an awesome multiplayer game.

Killzone PS2 has a few levels that are actually very fun to play, but you're going to have to slog through some duds to get there. :o
And even "Daikatana" had the "Greece" level. :o

Is there really any doubt what will happen here?

Killzone will be shown and the graphics will be fantastic but nowhere close to the original trailer.

Sonyfans will say the graphics are ten times as good as the trailer.
XBox fans will say- possibly accurately- that GoW has better graphics.
NintendoFans will say that Graphics are irrelevant.

And the few neutral observers will point out that Sony would probably be able to make a lot more hype for themselves if they hadn't made the stupid decision to increase expectations so much at E3 05.

Even if they can hit the particle, polygon, physics, and animation levels seen in the E3 trailer (which would be amazing and prove the power of the PS3 or whatnot) they simply don't have enough RAM in the PS2 to hit the same texture quality, especially with everything else going on. It just wouldn't be possible.

Still though, it will be interesting to see how the game turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"