Killzone Liberation Multiplayer and Single Player Update!

Zenien

Reaction score
from killzone.com:

-------

NEW: Chapter 5 + Infrastructure Mode Available

* - Get Chapter Five and Infrastructure Mode for PSP™ (PlayStation® Portable) in one free download
* - Available via the downloads button in the in-game menu
* - Killzone.com site relaunches - bigger, better and badder than before

In a first for gaming on PSP™ (PlayStation® Portable), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) is pleased to announce the continuation of the Killzone™: Liberation story beyond the UMD™ (Universal Media Disc) disc release. Chapter 5, a free, downloadable new episode set in the underground labyrinth beneath Sedah City is now available – and it comes bundled with Infrastructure mode, another highly-anticipated Killzone first.

After battling your way through four all-new missions and two new multiplayer arenas, you can head online to the newly relaunched killzone.com where you’ll hook up with friends from anywhere in the world to set up a white-hot Killzone shoot-up.

If you were left wanting more at the end of the Killzone: Liberation campaign, Chapter 5 won't disappoint. Squad sergeant Rico is missing – you must discover the truth of his fate over four high-tension missions consisting of over two hours of brand-new gameplay with new terrain to explore, new vehicles to control and swarms of Helghast to eliminate. Chapter 5 also comes with two brand new multiplayer maps for both Ad Hoc and Infrastructure Mode: Prison and Construction Site.

The download is available from both the yourpsp.com store and the relaunched, next-generation killzone.com site. The site also features enhanced community features including friends, forums to share tips and experiences, polls, and even direct developer contact.

Putting the best squad together for an Infrastructure Mode match will be simple: each player will have a 'My Killzone' page featuring their identity. Killzone.com will also feature unprecedented access to unlockable content as well as regular updates of new developments and features. The relaunched killzone.com is set to become the ultimate online Killzone resource for dedicated players and newcomers alike – and newcomers to Killzone should watch out for the game’s upcoming Platinum release.

Key Features:

* - Infrastructure Mode includes 'Duel Mode 1vs1': take another player on in a head-to-head battle which will really raise the stakes. This new mode has been adapted for two players from the multiplayer format by using strategically-placed barbed wire to reduce the surface area of the combat zone.

* - New unlockable content: the Killzone: Liberation disc will link via the PSP browser directly to killzone.com. Successful completion of an in-game level will allow the user to access the site and access extra content. Players without immediate access to wireless internet can record progress direct to memory stick allowing you to download the content when you're in a wireless hotspot.

* - Killzone: Liberation goes Platinum! Killzone: Liberation heads up a fresh wave of top titles available to gamers at Platinum price.

-------

Sorry it took so long. Should be up 16:00 17:00 GMT.

Damnit I wiped my Liberation data a while back, no I'll have to complete it all again. :(

Shame about the new voice actors, kinda ruins the expeirence a little. I'm on the 1st level and guess what? I'm a stuck! Buggy blew up, killed the tank and opened the gate, went through and killed about 5 helghast, but the route is blocked off by debris and a vehicle. Little help?

Also, how do I set up an account for online games? I have a My Killzone account but its different for games.

Oh I have to go to yourgamingname.com

But I need my PS2 network acess code, I can't remember what that is! I have a bloody PS3, I don't need that anymore...

At the top of the map there's a gate switch you need to hit at that section.

These new chapters are honestly much better made then the chapters 1-4 content and they've tweaked a lot of smaller thigns to do with the gameplay. It plays better now to me for some odd reason. The new levels look awesome have more varied gameplay that's more then just killing all the dudes you come across and the infastructure play in great so far.

This is the best game on the PSP right now bar none. It really feels like a bite sized First person shooter in top down perspective. It's deep for what it is and perfect for a handheld experience.

What do you think Electro? Want me to kill you.

I'm liking it quite alot, I'm on Startson now but he's a b!tch, bloody instant exploding the grenades are driving me up the wall. I agree it plays alot better, but its a shame Jan's voicing was different. I managed to sign up to the Playstation network thingie, but it's yet to recognize my handle on the game itself.

Stratson reminds me of a boss in Sunset Riders. I mean seriously, if it was an intentional reference then that's pretty darn cool.

xSunset_Riders.png

Basically most of the bosses in Sunset Riders would be ina building peeking out from it whilst their goons would stream in and make live even more difficult for you. Even the buildings architecture was ereely familiar in some odd way that make me hope I'm not insane.

But yeah, wtf at the giant robot suit of death, this boss is even more ludicrously powerful then the Helghast Mech of death you fought in the swamps earlier in the game mostly because there's NO viable cover for you to use! It's not like you get a rocket launcher this time!

What happens when you try to log in? :confused:

Jans voice doesn't sound different to me =\

Stratson reminds me of a boss in Sunset Riders. I mean seriously, if it was an intentional reference then that's pretty darn cool.

xSunset_Riders.png

Basically most of the bosses in Sunset Riders would be ina building peeking out from it whilst their goons would stream in and make live even more difficult for you. Even the buildings architecture was ereely familiar in some odd way that make me hope I'm not insane.

But yeah, wtf at the giant robot suit of death, this boss is even more ludicrously powerful then the Helghast Mech of death you fought in the swamps earlier in the game mostly because there's NO viable cover for you to use! It's not like you get a rocket launcher this time!

What happens when you try to log in? :confused:

Jans voice doesn't sound different to me =\

That Sunset Riders thing would be pretty cool. :up:

I just did Stratson FINALLY, I didn't realize there was another box right beind me. Incredibly hard to do still.

When I do try to login, it says the handle is not recognized with the password I (meaning either 2 could be wrong), but I know my account used that handle and password, I'm gambling that is just the site hasn't sent me my PIN yet, but that apparently could take up to 30 days...

Oh and I'm pretty sure Jan's voicing was different.

Any tips for beating cheap mccheap mech? :(

Ok yeah so maybe I missed the crate that has a rocket launcher in it :cmad:

Beat the game!

In all honesty though I hope Killzone 2 doesn't deal with Jan. I'd like the next one to be a totally new cast, hopefully with a greater degree of narrative maturity then what was seen in Killzone Liberation.

I'd like to see Jan again, but ditch Rico and Lugger, they were boring. I want Hacker backer. :(

I quite liked Rico, he was just filled with testosterone, it was oozing out of him. Luger was pretty decent aswell, I always liked playing with her over the others. But Hacker was the s**t, that guy needs to come back.

I liked playing as Rico yeah, the massive gun an all, but he started to get on my nerves in Liberation. Especially with all the times he said "Eat lead *******s!"

I don't mind him saying it, he just said it every 5 seconds... woulda been nice to have a little vairety in there.

Hmmm, I suppose so. Well they just need to give him a few more lines then. I still want the character in there.

Fair enough. Looks like the guy from the first movie of the game'll be 2's bad guy then (or was it him that Hacker killed?)... wonder what Helghan'll look like.

Gottne your Multiplayer thing yet>

Yeah, had a few games yesterday, was good fun though I sucked. :(

Hits you*

So are we able to play together? Because I'd like to crush people who's name starts with E and ends with K. :o

:(

Yeah should be, though I'd imagine its going to be a bit of a drag finding each other. When do wanna try?

Well we could try I dunno adding one of us to a friends list online right now before I go sleepy time. What's your name?

Says you don't exist... try

Xenien7

Electro why do you ignore my love. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"