Kramer's A Racist!!!

comicgirl said:
First of all, compensation for slavery has not been seriously talked about since the Clinton era, so lets do away with that. There's no way to compensate relatives in this day and age.

Show me these lines of African Americans saying, you bought my great uncle, I want some $$ and the right to joke about you on stage and CD?

Talk to Blind Fury and Al Sharpton.

War Lord said:
Talk to Blind Fury and Al Sharpton.
both gigantic tools. Why is it, one stupid person opens their mouth and suddenly they're the voice of black, white or whatever america?

saw that one the news today, his sorry doesn't cut it I think

Morg said:
saw that one the news today, his sorry doesn't cut it I think
He's such a jerk. Don't know why this even got covered. Slow news week

comicgirl said:
both gigantic tools. Why is it, one stupid person opens their mouth and suddenly they're the voice of black, white or whatever america?

Because that respective community gives their spokesmen the power instead of rising up in unison to tell them to shut up.

comicgirl said:
I agree with you. That always confused me, how can one person just deem themselves fit to speak for millions of people and people on either side fall for it?

The reason a white guy can't call me the N-word is the same reason another woman can call another one the b-word, but if I called her one, I'd be an ass.

And I suppose it's true, you can be friends with white people, but as soon as you piss them off, suddenly you're the n-word. :o I always thought my parents were wrong in that way of thinking, but now I ain't so certain. Damn you, Cosmo Kramer. And here I was all set to celebrate Festivus.

terry78 said:
The reason a white guy can't call me the N-word is the same reason another woman can call another one the b-word, but if I called her one, I'd be an ass.

And I suppose it's true, you can be friends with white people, but as soon as you piss them off, suddenly you're the n-word. :o I always thought my parents were wrong in that way of thinking, but now I ain't so certain. Damn you, Cosmo Kramer. And here I was all set to celebrate Festivus.
Now thats not fair. I'm sure that all white people don't bring up the N-word when they are angry.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Now thats not fair. I'm sure that all white people don't bring up the N-word when they are angry.

You say that like you're 75% sure:(

I SEE SPIDEY said:
True enough, but they overexaggerated that to an extent. I confess a lot of the opinions I garnered are from my less than genial parental units, and I've had to correct them on more than one occasion. Technically a lot of my family has those same issues with other races, me being more open about it makes me the black sheep as is(pun intended.)

Matt said:
If a black comedian called a white heckler a cracker would anyone say anything?

probably not...but if he/she continued with "You piece of s*** cracker mother ******!!!" and repeated it...as many times and as loudly as Richards did in his rant...I'd say that'd be pretty offensive.

btw did anyone see the Laugh Factory's press conference for apology over the incident....Paul Rodriguez got up to answer a few questions and reinforce the apology...but dug himself a hole with african american members of the press when he started saying "We promote freedom of speech...we are not apologizing for what happened and what he said...thats up to Mr. Richards"...there was an uproar. He continued by saying "We're not banning the "N" word."
I think he felt the need to defend the comedy clubs reputation, and that thier comedians acts aren't screened first or censored...but, he really rubbed the people the wrong way. I think its clear that the Laugh Factory owners aren't racist...I don't know why Rodriguez kept saying things like..."You hear the "N" word so much in hip hop music..." man, that really set the members of the press off...even I was thinking...damn, I thought we were talkin' about Richards hateful use of the word towards a member of the audience...I think Rodriguez's remarks will be in the news next...right up there with Cosby's comments...I watched the whole thing...the apology scene really got outta hand.

Richards...I can't believe that. It's werid. I thought he was a low key guy too...Very dissapointed..I'm sure he has some issues that he needs to sort out.

I think the 'N' shouldn't even be used period. It's such a cliche now, within hip hop that now it's like a self paraody.

Studio 60 had a great subplot with DL Hugely's character and the black comedian that he was trying to get onto the 'writing staff' (in the show, not in real life). Honestly, it's degrading.

If I was an up and coming black comedian right now, i would try to steer away from 'race jokes' so I can be different in the comedic world, you know? It's overdone and it's to the point it 'seems' like black comedians only rely on those types of jokes.

Fanticon said:
btw did anyone see the Laugh Factory's press conference for apology over the incident....Paul Rodriguez got up to answer a few questions and reinforce the apology...but dug himself a hole with african american members of the press when he started saying "We promote freedom of speech...we are not apologizing for what happened and what he said...thats up to Mr. Richards"...there was an uproar. He continued by saying "We're not banning the "N" word."
I think he felt the need to defend the comedy clubs reputation, and that thier comedians acts aren't screened first or censored...but, he really rubbed the people the wrong way. I think its clear that the Laugh Factory owners aren't racist...I don't know why Rodriguez kept saying things like..."You hear the "N" word so much in hip hop music..." man, that really set the members of the press off...even I was thinking...damn, I thought we were talkin' about Richards hateful use of the word towards a member of the audience...I think Rodriguez's remarks will be in the news next...right up there with Cosby's comments...I watched the whole thing...the apology scene really got outta hand.

I see what Rodriguez is talking about. He doesn't want to censor their own comedians. He doesn't have the right to. Maybe the way he word is wrong, but I agree with him.

Plus, the press are overracting.

Yet another black eye for America. (Sorry, no pun intended.)

Ronny Shade said:
Who's Kramer?
Are you serious?

...Forget him saying the N word,this is big people. There are humans in this world who don't know Cosmo Kramer. :wow: :csad:

raybia said:
Yet another black eye for America. (Sorry, no pun intended.)

How is Michael Richards saying something stupid a black eye for all of America?:huh:

If say Ricky Gervais said something stupid, would it be a black eye for all of England?

The Overlord said:
How is Michael Richards saying something stupid a black eye for all of America?:huh:

If say Ricky Gervais said something stupid, would it be a black eye for all of England?
Yes. :o

I SEE SPIDEY said:
I agree with you. That always confused me, how can one person just deem themselves fit to speak for millions of people and people on either side fall for it?
I wish I knew, my friend. :csad:

WOW. I thought it was going to be over stupid joke but that was pretty bad. I haven't heard the N word used that many times by a white guy since Chappel was in white face.

For some reason though...just hearing that tirade in Kramer's voice is funny, yet disturbing all at once. Like it should be a Family Guy skit.

Peter: Come on, everybody's got a little prejudice in 'em. Even Kramer.

*cue above sound clip*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"