Sequels Kraven's Last Hunt

HanShotFirst

Sidekick
Reaction score
In response to "Menace of Mysterio" thread :D

Why I think Kraven the Hunter could be the perfect villain candidate to satisfy the critics and fans alike.

~ One villain. That's right folks! Physical and intellectual match for Spider-man utilizing interesting set of "gadgets" and decent enough motivation (like Spidey - his greatest prey) I believe Kraven is able to carry a movie as far as villain's side concerned. One villain could also give more room for MJ romance or some the Daily Bugle/JJ scenes.

~ Less CGI/Less budget cost. Unlike Electro or Lizard, Kraven needs little CGI to showcase his powers. And audience won't get tired of too much CGI-fest as some would say.

~ Spider-man's Bane. Story could take inspiration from Kraven's Last Hunt storyline where IIRC Kraven defeats Spidey and buries him alive. Every trilogy has that moment where we see hero's fall and rise so why not have some of that for Spidey too? :p

~ Final member of Sinister Six. End credits of TASM2 presumably teases future S6 lineup which will have Goblin, Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, Electro(?) and Kraven(!). Could be a good "bridge" between TASM3 and S6 movie.

~ You want gritty and dark? Well Kraven can give you that, well, as long as he ditches his fabulous lion jacket :woot:

That's all I can think of right now, what do you think? Is Kraven too lame for you or is he(and the right actor) the one who could potentially rival Alfred Molina's Doc Ock?

Kraven could work. Kraven's Last Hunt is probably my favourite Spidey-story of all time. The fact he has no superpowers isn't exactly a hindrance in my opinion. Quite the opposite. Just make him a great, intelligent hunter. You could have him studying Spider-Man when he fights some smaller bad guys, to see what strength and weaknesses Spidey has. You could have Kraven coming up with something that somehow dampens Spidey's superpowers so they will be more equal in strength. I imagine something more of a thriller like The Fugitive when Kraven hunts Spider-Man, instead of the typical CGI-orgies you get with these movies. But I'm sure it won't happen.

I like the idea, but I would add another villain in the beginning to give the audience some early Spider-man action. *Spoiler* [BLACKOUT]Maybe even just show the rest of the Spidey/Rhino fight?[/BLACKOUT]

Where Peter is at in his life is crucial for KLH. It would be hollow if it happened sooner than ASM5.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marc...r-May-Amazing-Spider-Man-3-Villain-42876.html
Doo eet Webb!!! :p

I like the idea, but I would add another villain in the beginning to give the audience some early Spider-man action. *Spoiler* [BLACKOUT]Maybe even just show the rest of the Spidey/Rhino fight?[/BLACKOUT]

Shocker would be good for that me thinks.

Where Peter is at in his life is crucial for KLH. It would be hollow if it happened sooner than ASM5.

Ah I admit I don't remember every detail from that arc but I think they can leave some things out(Kraven donning Spider-man's suit for example).

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. In Kraven's first film, we base it off his Last Hunt?

Let me get this straight. In Kraven's first film, we base it off his Last Hunt?

Yeah it's his best story, that's a very good idea actually given lizard has already been established. Swap out vermin for lizard and were in for business.

As much as I wanna see Norman as the Green Goblin, another take on Dr. Octopus and Venom fleshed out appropriately, I'm leaning towards Kraven's Last Hunt adapted in ASM 3. Aside from it simply being a classic story, the general audience won't feel Webb is rehashing Raimi's movies.

I completely understand using Spidey's big 3 villains in this new series but I can't help but to feel that using them again (as well as another take on the orgin) has negatively effected box office sales in both ASM movies as so many others have stated.

Create an Kraven who's abilities are comparable to Captain America , is as obsessive as Venom should have been in Spider-Man 4 (with 3 ending with Brock becoming Venom/Venom leaps at the screen) and as strategic as Arrow's Deathstroke and there you go.

Chameleon could somehow fit in nicely too. Something tells me the Chameleon and Mysterio will be meshed into one character. That could work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"