Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

Yeah, the effects look stellar and the plot seems intriguing. I'm really pulling for this one. I need something "Super" in my life after Zack Snyder crapped all over Henry Cavill's promising Superman.

Yeah, I'm pretty hyped for this one.

I liked that trailer more than I thought I would. I dare say I'm excited.

The time travel/conspiracy thing is a nice inclusion.

Seems completely unnecessary, sorry to sound so under-whelmed by it all, in theory, ANYTHING, Superman related should get me super excited but...not this from the trailer, at all.

It does look very good. But I am wondering if it would be better if it was based on a young Jor El and then factor in Lara and then General Zod??

As long as Goyer's in charge, I have zero expectations. And yes, I realize he's not the showrunner, but he's writing and the exec producer.

I know Goyer's descriptions and some of the things they are using doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

I suppose I’d better not say what I’m thinking with the Jax Ur casting.

[YT]jyjTQjcyu4g[/YT]
I guess Geoff Johns had some influence over Adam Strange's outfit.
geoff_johns_doomsday_clock_banner1.jpg

I find it really hard to get excited about series like these. I'm not interested to watch a series set in Superman's world without Superman. I also haven't watched Gotham.

The only thing that interests me about this show is that Pinar Toprak was just revealed as the composer.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/02/07/pinar-toprak-to-score-syfys-krypton/

I really enjoyed her work on The River Murders, Say It In Russian and The Lightkeepers, so this should be good. I'm still bummed that her score for Geostorm was rejected, that could've been her ticket to doing other blockbusters.

She also did additional music for Justice League, and it's rumored she was the one that handled Wonder Woman's theme in the movie.

What's great about this reveal is that it's too close to the premiere to switch composers, so I'm really looking forward to hearing what she has in store. Hopefully the show's music department has a decent budget like on Goyer's Da Vinci's Demons so we can get a proper orchestral score.

[YT]jyjTQjcyu4g[/YT]

Trailer looks good. I like the general look of Krypton, Kandor, the space portal... I like that it is a SyFy show rather than a CW one.

I was prepared for it to be a straight prequel of earlier Krypton but the time travel aspect could be intriguing, guess it does open it up. Hope it is an opportunity to look at things in a different way rather than messing everything up.

I find it really hard to get excited about series like these. I'm not interested to watch a series set in Superman's world without Superman. I also haven't watched Gotham.

That's the problem I have to be honest. I'll give it a try, but I don't find the thought of Krypton on it's own that interesting.

LOL, the "Not your dad's Krypton!" campaign. Somehow in trying to make it more "hip," they've made it seem even cheesier.

I honestly can't get excited for this. Production values seem really good, though I wish it were actually less like the MOS Krypton if only to show where they started from in comparison to how Krypton was at the time of it's destruction. Even so... It's not the involvement of any behind the scenes talent, color schemes or such... It's the lead. The lead in all the previews is deathly dull in his line readings. He's just another terribly bland and has yet to show any kind of charisma. Maybe that works for the fans of the CW show but it's making me less likely to tune in. Also... This is on SyFy. Sorry but even if they end up with a winner they have a terrible track record of killing shows prematurely and leaving mediocre dreck on for years and years. Honestly I think something like this should have been kept for the WB/DC streaming service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"