Kylie Minogue

I think you probably heard her 2000s hits, so I'll just list from 2010s up to now, the ones I would recommend

Padam Padam (2023, her latest hit single)
All the Lovers (2010, this is one of my favorite songs from her)
Say Something (2020, this came out during the pandemic which was my soundtrack during that time)
Real Groove feat. Dua Lipa (2020, if you're into Dua Lipa)
Kiss Me Once (2014, title track of her 2014 album, its written by Sia, very sweet song)
I know All the Lovers. Yeah, maybe it's the 2010s and onwards where I fell off.

It's so great to hear new Kylie songs I had no idea existed. Her newer stuff is more funky than classic pop. I love Padam Padam and Say Something. Real Groove is great too (I love Dua Lipa too, shame she's not in it more).

Kylie's still got so much style and her music has an edge to it. She's as good as ever! Thanks for all the tips. :up:

I remember always struggling with Love At First Sight in Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 because I'd get distracted by Kylie in the video.

Well then Put Yourself in my Place must be the most distracting and a real struggle.

Very influenced by the opening credits of Barbarella.

I can't believe the Brit Awards Can't Get You Out Of My Head performance is now 21 years ago!

I know All the Lovers. Yeah, maybe it's the 2010s and onwards where I fell off.

It's so great to hear new Kylie songs I had no idea existed. Her newer stuff is more funky than classic pop. I love Padam Padam and Say Something. Real Groove is great too (I love Dua Lipa too, shame she's not in it more).

Kylie's still got so much style and her music has an edge to it. She's as good as ever! Thanks for all the tips. :up:
here's her major releases since 2010

2012 - The Abbey Road Sessions (orchestral/jazz/acoustic of her old songs)
2014 - Kiss Me Once (this is the first album of several studio albums in which she didn't have a top 10 album) which was a bit frustrating in 2014
2015 - Christmas album
2018 - Golden (country pop album)

2019 - The Definitive Collection (greatest hits)
2020 - Disco (pandemic album)
2023 - Tension (new album, first solo hit single since All the Lovers with Padam Padam)

The new album is guaranteed for #1 in the UK. She is technically an indie artist since 2017 and all her major album releases since thenopened at #1 in UK/Australia.

I'd say my favourite covers are Light Years and Enjoy Yourself. Of course, the original Kylie album has some sentimental value.
For me, my favorite albums are Fever, Aphrodite and probably Tension. It depends how this era will end and how many singles/music videos/eXpansions we are going to get in the neXt several months.

Here's how I will rank her albums (per label)

PWL
1. Rhythm of Love
2. Kylie
3. Lets Get to It
4. Enjoy Yourself

Deconstruction
1. Kylie Minogue
2. Impossible Princess

Parlophone
1. Fever
2. Aphrodite
3. Light Years
4. Kiss Me Once
5. Body Language
6. X
7. Kylie Christmas

BMG
1. Tension
2. Golden
3. Disco

My album ranking doesn't really matter as there's at least two songs even from her worst album (Kylie Christmas) that I really enjoy. Her discography is so eXpansive and consistent, especially if we include the greatest hits songs only, b-sides, dozens of bonus tracks and hundreds of leaked tracks. Truly one of the best pop stars out there.

Edit: I thought you meant your favorite albums. For favorite covers, my faves are definitely Fever and Light Years! The greatest hits albums also have nice covers- Greatest Hits 92 and Ultimate Kylie.

Kylie promoting one of her singles here.

Its definitely one of the highlights of that film.

Also her character in that film, is a complete opposite of her real personality which made it more hilarious. I wish she would book more of these blockbuster roles.

She's currently nominated for a Grammy (her first nomination since 2009) and I hope she wins this Sunday!

She also got her first nomination in the Brit Awards since 2011 and rumoured to perform a Medley in March.

Lastly, she will receive an Icon Award from Billboard Women for Music neXt month!

I'm practically done with the Tension era and ready for a new era/album. But seeing these accolades after 35 years of her in the music industry is great!

She's currently nominated for a Grammy (her first nomination since 2009) and I hope she wins this Sunday!

She also got her first nomination in the Brit Awards since 2011 and rumoured to perform a Medley in March.

Lastly, she will receive an Icon Award from Billboard Women for Music neXt month!

I'm practically done with the Tension era and ready for a new era/album. But seeing these accolades after 35 years of her in the music industry is great!
Kylie still winning stuff in 2024!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"