Latest Anime you watched? - Part 2

Finished Gargantia; the plot picked up a lot after the few slower paced episodes. The first OVA was out of place as the penultimate episode; seemed like it took place more towards the beginning. The second OVA was really great though.

Watched ep 1-4 of Wolf's Rain. Been meaning to watch this series for a long time now.

Finished Houkago no Pleiades. Nice traditional magical girl stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any good mecha anime.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any good mecha anime.

Gurren Lagann - incredibly over the top, it's the mecha of mechas. Hands down my favourite anime of all time.

Vision of Escaflowne - mecha in more medieval/fantasy setting.

Anything in the Universal Century Gundam series - if you can look past the very old animation I couldn't recommend the original Mobile Suit Gundam more. 08th MS Team and 0083 Stardust Memory are great. Gundam Unicorn is the most recent (not including Gundam the Origin which isnt finished) with the most modern animation if thats more your thing, and it's very accessible considering how big the UC series is.

I keep hearing a lot of good things about Gasaraki, but I've not seen it yet myself.

16 episodes into Wolf's Rain. Aside from the 2 recap episodes I've just praftically skipped its a great series so far.

Finished Sailor Moon Crystal. Didn't hate the way almost everyone else seems to; it's okay. So is GITS: Alternative Architecture

Hibike! Euphonium is probably the best of this past season. Really, really good.

Last edited:
Finished Wolf's Rain. Quite an ambiguous ending, and pretty bleak, but if I followed it correctly ends on a glimpse of hope. I liked the theme of cycles it implied, and heaven being what we make of the earth.

Rewatching Puella Magi Madoka Magica, 4 episodes in. Love this series so much!

Gargantia On The Verdurous Planet
Wasnt expecting much, just a quick 13 episode thing to tide me over till I find something else. I was pleasantly surprised.

Finished Madoka Magica. Can't wait for Rebellion to finally be released in Sept.

Possibly going to watch Gundam 00 or Gundam Seed next, unsure yet.

Dragon ball super. Great start

Changed my mind completely and started Neon Genesis Evangelion. Through the first 6 episode so far.

Finished Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.

And yeah, Dragon Ball Super is great so far.

Up to episode 20 of Evangelion. This is the first time I've watched NGE other than 1.11 and 2.22. It was verging on Angel of the week for a bit but it's picked right back up, particularly as it's delving into the misdeeds of Nerv. Going into the director's cut episodes now.

GANGSTA.
If you loved Black Lagoon like I do then you'll love this.

tumblr_nljj5ras0u1tfmry1o3_500.gif

tumblr_nljj5ras0u1tfmry1o1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtskc7oNg1qdpo2no1_500.gif

tumblr_nllawmmmfo1qdpo2no1_500.gif

tumblr_npx0nhcwZa1rgagxfo1_500.gif

tumblr_npx0nhcwZa1rgagxfo2_500.gif

tumblr_nqipwyP0zk1u2wl0ko1_1280.png

Dragon Ball Super, enjoying it like others in this thread as well. It's more, new, Dragon Ball, no complaints. Seems it's going to retell the Battle of the Gods, and Revival of F movies, and then go further.

So... I started watching a new Anime. It's called Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai (A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist).

Let's just say, I wasn't ready for how far the show would go. Not even remotely ready.

Finished Hunter x Hunter 2011 series. Loved the action. Definitely Dragonball'ish in some instances.

Hunter X Hunter (2011)

Gon/Killua parting ways in the penultimate episode made me cry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"