Lationo Review reviews Wolverine script

Blob is apart of the Weapon X program. so the guy with four arms....what was his name again? Wraith was also apart of the program. Sabretooth will probably be revealed to be in it, and Silver Fox is dead.

i hope they include Maverick and Deathstrike somehow.

newwaveboy87 said:
Blob is apart of the Weapon X program. so the guy with four arms....what was his name again? Wraith was also apart of the program. Sabretooth will probably be revealed to be in it, and Silver Fox is dead.

As I said before though... if this is a team that just has to hunt down average mutants... I'll be ****ing pissed... I don't know where Sabertooth fits into this plot and weapons X other than the personal fued with Logan... hopefully that is not Creed's only role... I'll just wait and see what motives Stryker has... again I am just hoping Omega is on the hitlist but it's a stretch... besides... I liked it better twhen Creed was originally part of team X until he went beserk and killed everyone off (the way it really happened)... besides... Sliverfox ain't no ****ing fourth grade teacher... what a waste of a character...

I just realized Latino is misspelled.

And once again,Blob has no place in this movie.

true...but we also don't know their function.
the review ends at the end of the first act and glosses over the rest of it.

there's a lot of "?????"-inducing things left to be answered.
the hype begins!!

newwaveboy87 said:
so the guy with four arms....what was his name again?

Barbarus - A four-armed mutant with physical strength, endurance, and injury resistant powers.

Put me in the HATE the bone claws category but I'm not going to turn in to a whinny fanboy about it.

I can't believe people are whinning already that Blob may be a part of Weapon X or the Silverfox is a teacher. Who cares? Despite the God awful bone claws, that partial script review was pretty damn good.

Abaddon said:
I just realized Latino is misspelled.

And once again,Blob has no place in this movie.

ROFL... same here... only after I read this though... will be interesting to see what happens... ACt 2 has most of the answers... I am just confused about these lists and everything... hopefully things will be clarified sooner than later...

newwaveboy87 said:

Maverick is in it.

Maverick = Agent Zero.

YJ1 said:
Barbarus - A four-armed mutant with physical strength, endurance, and injury resistant powers.

Put me in the HATE the bone claws category but I'm not going to turn in to a whinny fanboy about it.

I can't believe people are whinning already that Blob may be a part of Weapon X or the Silverfox is a teacher. Who cares? Despite the God awful bone claws, that partial script review was pretty damn good.

It should have been Mariko or some sh:t... w/e that don't bother me too much... but if death stryke ain't in either there will be hell to pay... I am confident she's in but not a hundred percent sure now that characters like the Blob may take their places...

tamron said:
Maverick is in it.

Maverick = Agent Zero.
OMG!
how could i forget that!?

*whips self like the priest did back in the day*

has no one read the prequel to the first X-Men movie starring Wolverine?
after running away from the Weapon X building he runs into an asian woman who says he name is Yuriko and that she has been kidnapped by a man, she's speaking in Japanese the whole. Wolverine talks to her and helps escape, and realizes that he knows how to speak Japanese, but doesn't remember ever having spoke it before.

There is a lot I like about this flick:

1. The fact that Creed was responsible for the death of Logan's first love
2. How Stryker manipulates Logan to join the program
3. THe fact that there is an actual Weapons X with a team being put together for specific missions....

It's just not the right mix of characters in my book... the only thing that works so far is Logan vs Creed... I know this is only preliminary but I hope this isn't set in stone... Robin's Premise plot had all the ingredients we were looking for... sorry to say that won't be the case...

Abaddon said:
there's no place for Deathstrike.

Exactly... such a waste to see her on screen for just one action scene that kicked ass... I think there is still a shot she is in the program though...

I really liked where the script is going...It could turn out well if they don't get bogged down with money and time and cut a whole lot of good crap out..

I wonder if they're gonna digitally age/de-age Hugh and/or Tyler Mane or whoever's playing Victor Creed a little..

-TNC

FaT_tONle said:
Exactly... such a waste to see her on screen for just one action scene that kicked ass... I think there is still a shot she is in the program though...
X2 implied Deathstrike had only recently been experimented on.

"I used to think you were one of a kind Wolverine."

Then he found Deathstrike.

X2 didn't leave any room for Deathstrike in a prequel in my opinion.

TNC9852002 said:
I wonder if they're gonna digitally age/de-age Hugh and/or Tyler Mane or whoever's playing Victor Creed a little..

-TNC
I doubt it. Wolverine's healing abilities are an excuse to have him look the same as he did in the movies. His age was described as impossible to determine, so I think they'll keep Wolverine looking the same.

Stryker is going to need some serious de-aging however. I wonder whether Brian Cox will even play him for this reason?

I always liked the idea of Stryker being in this movie, so I´m glad. And Brian Cox MUST play him, de-aged or not. The guy rocks playing bad guys! :D
As for the bone claws thing, I don´t know what to think. I love Origin, but I understand that telling the whole story in the first Wolverine solo movie would be impossible (Origin deserves a movie of its own), and showing just a small Origin scene would waste away a very good and meaningful story. So I guess they decided for this "high schoolers intro scene", which is a nod to Origin without messing with it. But if it´s impossible to show the Origin version, maybe they should have left the bone claws out of the picture...
But, bone claws or not, I really sense a lot of potential for a great movie...so far so good! :):up:

I'm still on the fence about the highschooler's thing. I mean, it's really not a nod to Origin, it's a new Origin. Meaning that Wolverine is much, much younger then his comic counterpart. Well....unless they have them be football players in the early 1900's, but I didn't get that vibe.

Really, I think they could have shown a brief flashback secene from Origin, showing him as a kid gutting old man Logan. It would still serve to show us he had claws, and it would still give us mystery, then, throughout the next few Wolverine movies, we could get flashbacks of Origin. Kind of tell two stories throughout the movies, like Holes. I really want to see Origin on the bigscreen, just because I think it's a great story.

"In the 1st four pages we meet Logan as a 12 yr old boy, undersized and feral on a rural road on his way home from school. I couldn’t help stop thinking of feral kid from the Mad Max films. But anyway 4 towering high school football players pick him on. They pick on him because Logan’s dad robbed the local truck stop last year. Logan doesn’t back down as GILMAN punches Logan in the face twice. The gash on Logan’s face heals itself in front of Gilman and Logan goes into an inhuman rage and beats the **** out of the football players. Three bone claws spring from Logan’s hand, serrated and razor sharp as he goes in to finish Gilman. This is the first time that Logan’s bone claws appear to him and he is shocked more than his attackers. The football players’ escape alive and Logan looks at his bone claws and screams out…"
--------

I want a more dramatic scene of him first usiing his claws!!! :(

no bone claws.blobs cool,hes a friend of wolverines,I hope they go there seperate ways though.This films good ammo for x4.the only thing that will stop this movie from being somewhat cool is recasts.

I'm glad the script is satisfactory. All we need now is a good director. And please, FOX -- not Ratner. Hell, I'd even let someone like David Hayter take a shot at the director's chair.

well i like where this story is heading. just really hoping the action is awesome and the rest is a great, powerful movie. maybe a motorcycle chase or something. that would be incredible... plus we need a better fight between logan and creed then the one in x1. for a director... someone really dark, would say david fincher but he gave up on fox.

Wolverine's youth not like in "Origin"? Booooooh! :down

I don't see anything really all that bothersome about this script, people. It sounds pretty dang cool to me actually.

- Why did so many people think Omega Red was gonna be in this? NOBODY in the production team ever said that. Omega Red was listed as being in X3 because they needed a name for a mutant extra and that's probably all. I'm betting Blob was the "character intentionally left out of X3 for the wolverine movie" the entire time.

-what in the world is wrong with having the bone claws in the film? I think it's a good thing. Now non comic readers will stop thinking he had them implanted. It's not as annoying as how so many of them believe the Joker killed Batman's parents but it could become as bad if it's not dealt with.

-I'm ecstatic that so many characters that SHOULD be in the movie are. Silverfox, Sabretooth, Wraith, Agent Zero. Stryker i'm excited about(but only if Cox returns. Without him, i'm not sure Stryker will work as well). I would love it if Deatstrike showed up but i'm not holding my breath for it. I'd also love it if Tyler Mane got another shot at playing Sabretooth. I think he wasn't given a fair chance to make an impression in X1.

A couple of things:

Don't bash the potential of this film until you see it! Someone said they wouldn't even bother reading the script because Fox is producing it. Yeah they messed up X3, but they nailed X2, and that dealt more with Wolvie's back-story than any of the other films.

As for the bone claws... it's good to have some continuity.

For Weapon X and Omega Red... This is only the first act, and these aspects can be explored later as a setup for possible sequels.

Overall, I really liked the script. But it can only be pulled off if it is an R-Rated film. There's no way they can show this level of violence with a PG-13 and make it effective.

It has a very blue-collar, working class, gritty vibe to it, which is perfect if you have the right director. It will bomb with the wrong one though. This is not a heavily stylized/CGI'd film. There aren't mutants with flashy powers, but more hand-to-hand combat, which I prefer. For that reason, I think if they somehow manage to get Christopher Nolan (Insomnia, Batman Returns), Michael Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas), Paul Greengrass (Bourne Supremacy), or Danny Boyle (28 Days Later), this film WILL work, and work well.

It sorta reminded me of Walking Tall for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"