• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law & Order: True Crime

I have a feeling something like this could have been more fitting for American Crime Story.

Yeah, as a follow-up to the OJ trial, I'm just not seeing it. I'm sure there's a story there, but... come on. Between the shift in definition of "crime" and the fact that the writers aren't coming back for it, I think it's just going to be another True Detective situation.

I think something like Columbine would've been ripe for a season of ACS. There were plenty of issues in play in the aftermath, there's a problem that somehow still persists to this day and there's a full book by Dave Cullen to use as a jumping off point.

I'm guessing Bush, Chaney, and FEMA will be the villains for the next ACS? I can't wait for the comedy event of the year.

Edie Falco Snags Key Role in NBC's 'Law & Order' Menendez Brothers Drama
The first season of the anthology will focus on the Menendez brothers and be called The Menendez Murders. Falco will take on the role of tenacious defense attorney Leslie Abramson. Abramson represented the brothers through the two trials and claimed they suffered a lifetime of abuse from their parents. Their father, Jose Menendez, was accused of sexual abuse as well as being unusually cruel while mother Kitty Menendez was accused of being mentally unstable, and a violent drug and alcohol abuser. (Lifetime recently cast Courtney Love to star as Kitty in a TV movie about the brothers.)

[YT]bWa1SN0MNwY[/YT]

Was surprised to see a trailer, considering only one actor has been cast, but the way the trailer is edited works around that. Curious to see who are cast to play the brothers.

‘L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders’: Anthony Edwards To Play Judge Weisberg
Edwards plays Los Angeles judge Stanley Weisberg who oversaw the Menendez trial and had a contentious relationship with defense attorney Leslie Abramson. Though he once had had a good reputation as a fair jurist, in the years leading to the Menendez brothers’ trial he had been humiliated in the eyes of his peers who thought he has lost the ability to control his courtroom. He previously had presided over hung juries in the McMartin preschool molestation case and acquittals for the police in the Rodney King trial.

Julianne Nicholson Back In ‘Law & Order’ Fold With ‘Menendez Murders’ Role
Nicholson will play Jill Lansing, Abramson’s whip-smart and trusted partner on the defense team, responsible for representing Lyle. Lansing is a caring professional genuinely dedicated to the Menendez case.

‘Law & Order: True Crime – The Menendez Murders’: Constance Marie & Carlos Gomez Join Cast
Gomez will play the brothers’ father and victim Jose Menendez, a Cuba native and veteran businessman who founded Live Entertainment. Marie plays his sister, Marta Cano. She attempts to console and support Lyle and Erik after their parents’ deaths and remains loyal to them but is not blind to the facts.

‘L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders’: Sam Jaeger To Play Det. Zoeller
Jaeger will play Detective Les Zoeller, the Beverly Hills Police Department detective assigned to the investigation into the shotgun murders of Jose and Kitty Menendez. He broke the Billionaire Boys Club murder in Beverly Hills, and he doggedly investigates the tangled Menendez family murders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"