Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=18450

Release Date: April 4, 2008
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: George Clooney
Screenwriter: Duncan Brantley, Rick Reilly
Starring: George Clooney, Renée Zellweger, John Krasinski, Jonathan Pryce, Stephen Root, Ezra Buzzington, John Vance, Dan John Miller
Genre: Comedy, Romance

Plot Summary: Oscar® winners George Clooney and Renée Zellweger match wits in "Leatherheads," a rapid-fire romantic comedy set against the backdrop of America's pro-football league in 1925.

Clooney plays Dodge Connolly, a swaggering, aging football hero who is determined to guide his team from bar brawls to packed stadiums. But after the players lose their sponsor and the entire league faces certain collapse, Dodge convinces a college football star to join his ragtag ranks. The captain hopes his latest move will help the struggling sport finally capture the country's attention.

Welcome to the team Carter Rutherford (John Krasinski), America's prodigal son. A golden-boy war hero who single-handedly forced multiple German soldiers to surrender in WWI, Carter has dashing good looks and unparalleled speed on the field. But if Dodge thinks this new champ is too good to be true, then Lexie Littleton (Zellweger) can prove that's the case.

A cub journalist playing in the big leagues, Lexie is a spitfire newswoman who sniffs holes in Carter's war story. While she digs, however, the two teammates become off-field rivals for her affections. As the love triangle grows, Dodge fights to get the girl while he tries to keep his guys together. And if Connolly is certain of one thing...it's that you always keep one final play from the defense.

In addition to his duties as director and star, George Clooney serves as one of "Leatherheads'" writers.

Trailer (12.14.07):
QuickTime/Flash Player, Various

Ok, it is now official. Say what you will about Clooney's off screen doings, his "beating of a dead horse" franchise that is the Ocean series, and/or his putting his pecker in every available starlet under the age of 40; however, if there is one constant in this universe, it is that when you put this man behind a camera, he can do no wrong. This looks right on. Style, brutality, etc. It may not win any Oscars, but who cares, it looks like a good time.

Glad to see someone is interested, I thought it looked really good. A lot of fun and Clooney and Zellweger seem to have chemistry.

It looks great! Seems like Clooney's done it again, the art direction looks great too.

Clooney plays Dodge Connolly, a swaggering, aging football hero who is determined to guide his team from bar brawls to packed stadiums. But after the players lose their sponsor and the entire league faces certain collapse, Dodge convinces a college football star to join his ragtag ranks. The captain hopes his latest move will help the struggling sport finally capture the country's attention.

Sounds like the premis of a few dozen other sports movies out there. Team is a bunch of jackoffs, Coach busts their buns, they bring in a player that rocks to make up for the rest of the team, team starts winning, gets some final resoulution that they can all be proud of. There... just saved ya 10 bucks.

This was filmed near my college. Few of my friends are in it.

I'll check it out. They filmed the majority of the film in my region. I'll watch it just to see some familiar landmarks.

6oy0h7c.jpg

855ssqv.jpg

6lskxmo.jpg

87n6ouq.jpg

8a54zgi.jpg

John Krasinski is one goofy lookin' bastard, like a living cartoon character.

[YT]Ik68CWaTx78[/YT]

Just saw Trailer, looks really funny. Huge Office fan so I always like to see Krasinski in movies.

Ok, it is now official. Say what you will about Clooney's off screen doings, his "beating of a dead horse" franchise that is the Ocean series, and/or his putting his pecker in every available starlet under the age of 40; however, if there is one constant in this universe, it is that when you put this man behind a camera, he can do no wrong. This looks right on. Style, brutality, etc. It may not win any Oscars, but who cares, it looks like a good time.

I dont know. Usually, I can bank on having a good time with a movie that Clooney is in. Yeah, I know B&R, but look at his other films. Dusk Till Dawn, Three Kings, Perfect Storm, even the Oceans films.

One of my good friends was the quarterback on George Clooney's team. I didn't see him in the previews any but hopefully I will in the film.

I absolutely adore Krasinki. That is enough reason to get me there (the movie looks pretty good to :grin:)

Looks like it'll be a fun movie...
Liked Clooney's efforts as director so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"