Legendary to produce live action My Hero Academia

I look forward to the white washing and cultural appropriation debates. Let's have at it.

They could make this work if they completely transplant it to the US. They also need to fully commit to the superhero nature and how unapologetically earnest it is.

Last edited:
Netflix Boards My Hero Academia Live-Action Movie From Legendary – The Hollywood Reporter

Netflix has nabbed the live-action film adaptation of the manga sensation My Hero Academia from Legendary Entertainment, best known for its MonsterVerse tentpoles.

Joby Harold is penning the screenplay for the live-action feature, which will be director and executive producer Shinsuke Sato’s English-language debut and will see the popular manga property jump to the live-action movie realm. Harold’s credits include Obi-Wan Kenobi and Army of the Dead.

There’s no word on casting for the live adaptation, which may attract a host of Japanese American actors. Toho Co., Ltd. will distribute the film theatrically in Japan.

Ah, I can't wait to see Netflix butcher another beloved anime with a live-action property. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"