Lego Batman 2008 sets

Thy_Joker

Civilian
Reaction score
As you all know they had two sets last Summer of Batman Lego. But this year will have a few more, and better ones. There aren't any pictures yet, but I think the names of the sets help. Pictures would be better, yes, but they don't have them just yet.

7884 Batman's Buggy: The Escape of Mr. Freeze

7885 Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack of The Penguin

7886 The Batcycle: Harley Quinn's Hammer Truck

7887 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise

This is the site, that tells what Lego will have out this year. Maybe the whole year. They're on page 5 of 8. http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Page=1&Year=2008

I found two pictures of the sets that I told about.

The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surpirse
7888.jpg

Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack of The Penguin
7885.jpg

I found two pictures of the sets that I told about.

The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surpirse
7888.jpg

Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack of The Penguin
7885.jpg

These are great, and the pic of bats in lower corner looks like something from the upcoming Batman: Gotham Knight:brucebat:

I hope. Looks great. Too bad the LEGO figures are the same though.

thats strange.....the figures look more like B89 then anything that resembles TDK.

I wanted to tell something about the figures. I really like Legos, and I like to see pictures of sets I like, even if they're in a few months from now. But for the figures for like the Tumbler. I think are temporary. I don't know if this true or not, but I think they're going to make TDK Legos. They just used the figures that they made a two years back, for now until they have TDK figures. But that's only a guess. It happened with the only set for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. They used figures from the last sets of HP, so that why I think this. :D :brucebat:

GoogleMe, the reason they look like B89, which they actually don't. They first based them off of the cartoon or comic type of the characters, in 2006 and 2007 Lego sets.

Why do they have the "Dark Knight" logo on them ... w/ a cartoon version of The Batman from BEGINS and TDK? Yet, Lego said they would not be making anything specific for TDK? ... weird.

Why do they have the "Dark Knight" logo on them ... w/ a cartoon version of The Batman from BEGINS and TDK? Yet, Lego said they would not be making anything specific for TDK? ... weird.

I don't know, and I don't care...we're finally getting the Tumbler in building-brick form, and that's good enough for me. :woot:

so are we getting a movie suit minifig? is the tumbler set joker going to be the standard joker or one based on the heath joker?

Nice!! I really like how the toy & it's great to finally get the Tumbler in lego form. :woot::up:

LegoBatman0.jpg

Not the greatest, but it's something i wanted to try out.

Well Lego has obtained the license to produce sets based on all available mediums in which Batman appears. Sometimes they use past figure for new sets, because the figures haven't been made yet. I hope we find out soon. Maybe this year's Toy Fair? :D

I don't know, and I don't care...we're finally getting the Tumbler in building-brick form, and that's good enough for me. :woot:
I think it's going to be my favortie set yet. I haven't purchased the Batcopter or the Bat-Tank. They look great.

so are we getting a movie suit minifig? is the tumbler set joker going to be the standard joker or one based on the heath joker?
No one knows yet. Hopefully at this year's Toy Fair some time, we'll find out. I'm just guessing.

LegoBatman0.jpg

Not the greatest, but it's something i wanted to try out.
This is from the Spider-Man Movie Network. I did a drawing of 8 characters of Batman in Lego form. I think they'll look great. Batman in this is based on his new Batsuit from The Dark Knight.

LegoDarkKnight1.png

Someone from the Spider-Man Movie Network did a drawing of 8 characters of Batman in Lego form. I think they'll look great. Batman in this is based on his new Batsuit from The Dark Knight.

LegoDarkKnight1.png

Hey! Where's Rachel?!? :p

I read somewhere that Lego was gonna be doing generic Batman play sets but NO sets connected to The Dark Knight movie.

it would be stupid for them to release batman legos under The Dark Knight title with the figures they're doing right now. Either make it The Dark Knight themed or don't do it.

I have found a site that has pictures from Toy Fair 2008. I think. Doesn't matter really. :D These are all the same sets as I said in the beginning of the thread. But there is one vehicle that wasn't mentioned in any of the sets I said.

The Tumbler:
IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

Tumbler's Batman:
IMG_1818.JPG

Joker's Ice Cream Truck and Joker with goon:

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

Bat-pod? I think this may be the Batcycle:

IMG_1813.JPG

Harley Quinn and truck:

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

I think the Bat-pod goes with this set. It may not be the Bat-pod, but it sure looks a lot like it.

Penquin's Pen-sub (I named it that :cool:) with Penguin and his penguins:

IMG_1805.JPG

Robin's Scuba Jet which comes with the Pen-sub set:

IMG_1804.JPG

Mr. Freeze's buggy and Batman's buggy:

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads