LEGO: Ninjago - The Movie

If it turns out half as good as the new Lego The Movie looks, I'm in!

CinemaCon 2016: BIG News and Developments on Warner Animation Group’s Film Slate
Brandon Smith said:
Next on the docket was another LEGO movie that’s also coming out next year: The LEGO Ninjago Movie. The film is being constructed as a heavy genre mash-up (specifically of kung-fu films and kaiju movies), with the concept art for the film being described by attendees as a LEGO version of Pacific Rim. Charlie Bean (Tron: Uprising) makes his feature animation debut with this film, from a screenplay by Kevin and Dan Hageman.

'Lego Movie' Sequel Sets Release Date
Pamela McClintock said:
On Friday, the studio announced that the untitled movie will hit theaters on May 26, 2017, the beginning of the long Memorial Day weekend. Warners is being vague in terms of saying whether the film will be a proper sequel, or a Lego Ninjago spinoff.

Last edited:
Gotta check that out.

i love The Lego Movie I m Already in Love With The Lego Batman Movie so i m sold on this too :D

Official Lego Ninjago logo:

Cpm_Jj_FWWEAAIF9a.jpg

https://trailer-track.com/2017/01/30/in-the-pipeline-first-the-lego-ninjago-movie-trailer-coming-with-lego-batman/

While we’re still waiting for Warner Bros. to drop the first official trailer for Justice League, the studio is gearing up to promote another franchise release of the autumn. Conveniently timed ahead of The Lego Batman Movie‘s UK-wide preview screenings this weekend, the BBFC have rated the first (and full-length) trailer for Charlie Bean’s The LEGO Ninjago Movie.

LEGO NINJAGO [Trailer F1]
TYPE OF MEDIA: Film trailer
APPROVED RUNNING TIME: 2m 23s

[YT]BsNKlHQeCoM[/YT]

It says in the synopsis he is.

[YT]VJBS1ogEVHE[/YT]

Full trailer. Pretty funny. "I've never been a part of your life, how could I ruin it?" LOL

Last edited:
So a bit off-topic but:
Justin Theroux (“Megamind 2,” “The Leftovers”)
Megamind 2 is happening?

I still haven't seen the show, but I laughed.

Movie comes out in just over 3 weeks and there's very little buzz. Not sure if making a theatrical movie with no connection to the TV series at all was a great idea.

The LEGO Batman movie was still able to make $175 million. What can we really expect for LEGO Ninjago? Over/under $100? Maybe $120 million?

An OW of around 30 million with good legs. (110-115) million will be solid for The Lego Ninjago Movie. What will hurt Ninjago is the presence of Kingsman: The Golden Circle on the OW. Kingsman sequel will come with more hype and TLNM will take the hit (A similar case will be 22 JS>HTTYD2).

The trend of declining BO in the domestic markets (OS markets??) will concern WB/WAG. TLBM with great fanfare/reviews/hype couldn't catch fire at the BO. I don't think Ninjago can buck the trend in US+Canada. It should however do very well in Asian countries where the Lego franchise haven't really found a strong footing up until nao. Ninjago is big in Asia, so there is a small chance of a breakout there.

WAG needs to figure out a way to address the use of pop culture references, constant gags/rapid fire jokes in the Lego movies to reach and please a wide range of the GA in OS territories. I hope the sequel to the original Lego movie can stop the trend of declining returns.

The reason I'm iffy on the Ninjago movie is that it doesn't really seem to focus on the characters and story like the animated series. Like this story was already done a lot better.

They clearly want this to be like The LEGO Movie. What works for The LEGO Movie doesn't work for Ninjago. And then you have the high school shenanigans, like they want it to be LEGO Power Rangers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kingsman-golden-circle-tracking-40m-us-debut-1034157

Also set to open Sept. 22 is Warner Bros. Animation's Ninjago, a spinoff of The Lego Movie. The film is based on the toy line of the same name, one of the brand's most popular with young boys.

Tracking suggest Ninjago will open in the solid $35 million to $40 million range, although family tracking isn't as widely available. That compares to $53 million for spinoff The Lego Batman Movie (2017) and $69.1 million for The Lego Movie (2014). Ninjago has always been considered a smaller property than those two films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"