Russell Crowe is.....The Equalizer!

I love me some Equalizer, but I hate me some Russell Crowe :down

Personally, I always thought Michael Caine sort of looks like Edward Woodward.

Liam Nesson would have been my first choice but I think Crowe is a good fit for the part, I loved the TV show.

How about Sam Neil? Hugo Weaving? Hell, anyone else... There are a good half dozen actors that can pull off the role better than Crowe will, the guy is a walking Coma.

Yet another adaptation of an old show? Let's hope they market this better than they did the A Team.

Personally I prefer Crowe over Sam Neil and defintiely over Hugo Weaving.

Crowe acts like a jackass during promotion and interviews. or maybe on the set.

but in the movie he is good as it gets.he is a good actor. i dont care if he kills ants during hes lunch brake.

I use to watch this back in the late 80's,I didn't understand it back then,but did like it.

So, will Russell be fightin around the world in this movie?

:up: Crowe is a great choice. Glad they're going forward with this.

Loved this show as a kid. Ironically, Crowe seems a bit young (just like he seemed a bit old to play Robin Hood) but I think this could be a good role for him. Still, I have my doubts about the film's success. The A-Team was a much more popular show and it's movie flopped... and Crowe hasn't had a big hit film in a while.

Weapons and gadgetry

One of the notable weapons McCall uses is a ballistic knife that is capable of launching its blade. This is especially useful when he must surrender his gun to help a client or when his gun is lost in a fight. Other weapons range from pistols to machine guns. McCall's personal weapons cache is hidden behind the tool board on a wall of his apartment's workshop. He may be able to obtain more weapons through a variety of sources (pawn shops, gun shops, the Agency, or various contacts).
McCall's main weapon was a stainless steel Walther PPK/S with rubberized Pachmayr grips in .380 ACP caliber. In some episodes, McCall used also a Desert Eagle pistol, as well as the venerable Colt M1911-A1 pistol in .45 ACP. McCall was also seen using UZI-type weapons, such as the regular SMG and the pistol version.

The theme to the show was awesome in a creepy frenetic way but I would imagine an actor in their late 50's maybe to take the role, Russel Crowe comes off as a bully.

If Michael Caine were 10 years younger would've perfect.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70203

Paul Haggis to Draft The Equalizer?

Source: Heat Vision
September 28, 2010

Paul Haggis may come aboard The Equalizer, the television adaptation already set to star Russell Crowe, reports, Heat Vision.

Haggis, best known for writing and directing the 2004 Best Picture winner, Crash, recently collaborated with Crowe on The Next Three Days, set to hit theaters on November 19th.

The original "The Equalizer" starred Edward Woodward as Robert McCall, a vigilante with a mysterious past who took cases free of charge in attempt to make up for the sins of his past. The series ran on CBS for four seasons beginning in 1985.

Though The Equalizer is currently without a director, Haggis' current commitment to the project seems only to be as a writer.

While I wasn't exactly a fan of the show, I did watch a few epoisodes here and there and thought it was okay. Not too sure about casting Russel Crowe in the lead though. I like him okay, but I think Liam Neeson would be a better fit IMO.

Loved this show as a kid. Ironically, Crowe seems a bit young (just like he seemed a bit old to play Robin Hood) but I think this could be a good role for him. Still, I have my doubts about the film's success. The A-Team was a much more popular show and it's movie flopped... and Crowe hasn't had a big hit film in a while.

I have to agree with you there. Although, to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, Police Squad lasted less than a full season and was largely forgotten by most TV viewers, yet it spawned three very successful movies based on it (the Naked Gun films). So its lack of popularity could work in its favour.

I loved the A-Team film and while I've never seen the Equalizer show, it might have being something I might have had interest in....... But Crowe is half the reason I had/have no interest in seeing Robin Hood. So, pass.

woodward owned as the equalizer. im surprised they went and got Crowe when they could have easily picked several great British actors who emulate woodward far greater.

there's plenty of hard ass british actors ready to do this role, its a shame they had to go with Crowe.

I wanted to see a british actor continue the role.
this role was made for a british actor.

dissapointed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"