LEGO: Ninjago - The Movie

imageproxy.jpg
LOL, 'from the team!'

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/09/14/the-lego-ninjago-movie-soundtrack-details/

Here’s the album track list:

1. Heroes – Blaze n Vill (3:26)
2. Operation New Me – Jingle Punks (2:37)
3. It’s Garmadon – The De Luca Brothers (2:49
4. Found My Place (feat. Jeff Lewis) – Oh, Hush! (3:16)
5. Dance of Doom – Louis Cole & Genevieve Artadi (3:24
6. LEGO Ninja Shop (2:41)
7. It’s the Hard-Knock Life – Greg Pattillo (0:16)
8. Wise Master Wu (3:01)
9. Garmadon Attacks (3:14)
10. The Rise of Kitty Kitty (3:38)
11. A Wish and a Ruined City (3:37)
12. Journey to the Control Tower (2:20)
13. Welcome to the Jungle – Greg Pattillo (0:28)
14. The Power – Greg Pattillo (0:21)
15. Sibling Rivalry (2:36)
16. A Grave Amount of Generals (3:30)
17. Ninja’s to the Rescue (2:17)
18. Arm Popping Flying Lesson (4:53)
19. The Lady Iron Dragon (5:01)
20. The Ultimate Ultimate Weapon (5:10)
21. The Art of Spinjitsu (4:21)
22. Here Kitty Kitty (3:17)
23.Big Hug (2:39)

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/film-review-the-lego-ninjago-movie-1202564298/

“Ninjago” is beautifully animated, however, even if it’s a bit less comprehensively Lego-y than usual, with brickless water, fireballs and flora abounding. Among the Lego films’ greatest pleasures is the way one starts watching hyperaware of the obsessive detail put into the digital bricolage, only to gradually start believing in the world it creates. That’s no different here, and as long as the company proves more willing to give its storytellers leeway to shake up the formulas, there’s plenty of potential for invention and surprise left in this toy box.

Whereas “The Lego Movie” and “Lego Batman” seemed to come by their cheeky irreverence naturally, the sketchier “Ninjago” sometimes strains to keep up the pace, with its anarchic sensibility now having the air of a mandate – and few tones are harder to maintain than “mandatory irreverence.” Still plenty entertaining and occasionally very funny, “Ninjago” nonetheless displays symptoms of diminishing returns, and Lego might want to shuffle its pieces a bit before building yet another film with this same model.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/lego-ninjago-movie-review-1041403

A perfectly adequate family film for kids who love watching things they've seen many times before (which is to say, most kids), it offers plenty of chuckles for their parents but nothing approaching the glee of that first Lego Movie.

http://www.thewrap.com/lego-ninjago-movie-review/

“The Lego Ninjago Movie” does fit into the decidedly silly, self-aware sphere of the Lego movie franchise. Comparisons won’t help it any, though: unlike the two previous entries, this one feels a little worn around the edges. But while parents may miss the second-level smarts of its predecessors, kids should fall right into the fun.

It's the worst LEGO movie to date. They ruined the story and characters of Ninjago.

In fact, none of the other ninjas have any characters to speak of.

Nine freaking writers on this film. No wonder it's a mess.

The movie looks good, but it can't live up to LEGO Movie.

I think Warner Bros. and Lord and Miller need to start putting a bit more thought into these LEGO projects if they want to keep making more.

The streak is over. Ninjago is critically not up-to the par and the BO prospects aren't looking too hot either. A 30 million OW is a prominent move in the wrong direction. Maybe the barren market (No other big animations till Coco) will help out with the legs. Still whatever Ninjago ends up with will not be sufficient. WAG needs to rethink it's strategy and hire a much better professionals for their marketing division. The sequel to TLM should have been a priority over the 2 spin-offs. That was a big mistake. Nao all the upcoming releases will be a tough act. Smallfoot, S.C.O.O.B, TLM2 and Billion Brick Race is facing a stern road ahead.

Oh well, I hope I end up liking this one. At the end of the day that matters more than anything else.

I can maybe see fast-tracking LEGO Batman because it's Batman, and you can market the hell out of that but not Ninjago over a LEGO Movie sequel.

Also, they ruined the original Ninjago story. They basically made it into a lame parody of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader.

The streak is over. Ninjago is critically not up-to the par and the BO prospects aren't looking too hot either. A 30 million OW is a prominent move in the wrong direction. Maybe the barren market (No other big animations till Coco) will help out with the legs. Still whatever Ninjago ends up with will not be sufficient. WAG needs to rethink it's strategy and hire a much better professionals for their marketing division. The sequel to TLM should have been a priority over the 2 spin-offs. That was a big mistake. Nao all the upcoming releases will be a tough act. Smallfoot, S.C.O.O.B, TLM2 and Billion Brick Race is facing a stern road ahead.

Oh well, I hope I end up liking this one. At the end of the day that matters more than anything else.

The Lego Movie Sequel was having story issues hence why the spin-offs were greenlit first.

I'm not too worried about Smallfoot and Scooby. While Storks wasn't a hit, it did have the right balance of humour and story and wasn't pop culture heavy like Lego Batman or The Lego Movie. Smallfoot has a promising premise and I think if it's on par or better than Storks then it should be fine and Scooby Doo is an established brand and WB can work their magic with the film provided it's decent.

The best scenes were probably the ones with Llyod and Garmadon going at each other as they sounded very adlibbed. The rest...eh.

They shouldn't have made or fast tracked this movie. It was a disgrace to the Ninjago franchise.

Just because you have a cool LEGO property doesn't automatically mean you should do it. Or what I mean is, they shouldn't have made this version which had nine different credited writers. That's never a good sign.

You can't package everything as the next LEGO Movie. And just because it's "the team that brought you The LEGO Movie" isn't a guarantee audiences will see it. Also, maybe it had the same producers, but it clearly wasn't the same team. None of the writers or directors were the writers or directors on The LEGO Movie.

If I see this one, it will probably be a DVD movie for me. The trailers haven't really impressed me on any level.

I'm a huge fan of the first Lego movie, and I thought the Lego Batman movie was an obnoxious mess with some good parts. This one just looks bland and cliche.

So, I'm going to need to bring pillow when I take my son to see this?

Seeing this later. We'll see how it goes

I liked it when I saw it last weekend, but I don't really have the strong familiarity with the Ninjago franchise so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

I stayed awake, it wasn't nearly as funny as my son thought it was. He was cracking up. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"