Lethal Weapon V

I really can't wait for this! I only hope that they film it and score it old school like the previous films. I miss the not giving a crap about being PC and the blues guitar and Saxophone music to set the tone of scenes and things of that nature. I miss films like this in general. they've pretty much become extinct.

He has a great pitch for it and it would bring the series back to the roots of the original while still telling a cool new story.

I think the only reason Mel Gibson and Danny Glover signed on was to work with Richard Donner one last time. Wasn't the story for the fifth one his? With his passing, it's unlikely this will happen unless someone else was planning to direct.

There's also no need to do the grandson and son of Murtaugh type of storyline either. Also the TV series couldn't capture the same feeling as the movies.

If by any chance this movie still happens even with Donner's passing, I have to wonder how they'll handle the ages of the characters. Because even though Danny Glover was 40/41 when the first one came out, it was Murtaugh's 50th birthday and while Mel Gibson was 30/31 there, it's implied that Riggs was in his late 30s/early 40s.

He was interested in doing ‘Lethal Weapon 5,’ and I spoke to him about six months ago and they were working hard on it. It would have been amazing to work with him. I said to him, ‘if you think I’m doing any of the moves that I did back then, come watch me try to get out of my car.’ I was clear that I was not going to be doing any of those kicks again. He said, ‘don’t worry, we’re going to make you captain of the police force on this one. You can sit behind a desk.’

Rene Russo Honors ‘Lethal Weapon’ Director Richard Donner: ‘He Made Me Believe I Could Do This’

**** why not if it’s what Donner wanted.

To be honest, It’ll probably turn out to be a much better film than what 90-year-old Richard Donner could have done.

Honestly, even looking past the Gibson of it all… didn’t 4 (which is over twenty years old) feel like an end to the whole thing?

Like I get that IP is everything now, but Murtaugh should be in his ****ing eighties now.

I'm down.

It's Richard Donner's baby but him and Mel Gibson we're close. If Mel's got one in him, why not?

A much better choice than Shane Black. For sure.

It'll be interesting to see how this film is in Gibsons hands. He's a damn good director.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"