Comics Let's complain about Flash now (or not)

freemadison

Ben Reilly > You
Reaction score
We need to stop complaining about Peter being a ******, or being Iron Man's *****, or unmasking, or Gwen's promiscuity, or Spidey being an Avenger, or Norman's still being alive, or Reilly not being alive, or about the people who want Reilly alive, or the Other, or Quesada, or JMS.

This is all well and good and are valid points, however, for the present moment let us all put aside our petty differences and unite in our anger and loudly proclaim:

Amnesia Flash is the one of worst ideas we've seen in years in all of fiction. :down :down :down

I'll agree to that. Personally I don't mind changes, even big changes or drastic changes, or most changes that are unpopular with fans... but changes made to bring back the status quo... I don't like.

It was actually worse during Mackie's run, before the crash, around the time MJ was dead. He made Flash act as his jerkish highschool self with NO explanation. Flash made fun of Peter and talked behind his back about the fact that everyone Peter gets close to dies (seriously). Randy Robertson hears this and tells him off, saying that Flash had always been a jerk and disliked Peter but that he'd been hiding it.

Yeah, the amnesia is ******ed, but its better than THAT.

Him as a cripple I think they should have kept, they could have gradually rehabilitated him somewhat.
It just does not sit well as it is now, mainly because its not believable that his condition would change in such a way.

I mean...it's not like he has superpowers or anything.

(Oh god....I hope no-one from Marvel sees that post :eek: )

bbf2 said:
It was actually worse during Mackie's run, before the crash, around the time MJ was dead. He made Flash act as his jerkish highschool self with NO explanation. Flash made fun of Peter and talked behind his back about the fact that everyone Peter gets close to dies (seriously). Randy Robertson hears this and tells him off, saying that Flash had always been a jerk and disliked Peter but that he'd been hiding it.

I can't even remember that happening. Sounds terrible. :(

"Now"???

Ive been complaining since the moment it happened!

I just think the character and fans would have been better served if Flash had slowly rehabilitated himself with Peter and Mj's help, solidified his friendship with them, and gone on to make something of himself....

There was already a "jerk PE instructor" at the school anyway, created by Straczynski...

No need to revert Flash to his former status quo, imo.

I agree Bring back THE GOOD FLASH , peter parker's adult friend .

The Flash thing is just another example of how these guys are saying they have everything well-in-hand, and they clearly don't.

I wonder if reverting Flash has anything to do with the rumor of "youthing" Spider-man back, after all, Peter's school life was haunted with bullies for the most part. I really don't like seeing his amnesiac, but at least it leaves the opening for him to regain his memory back.

bbf2 said:

Very true. I haaaated that. Mackie is a dumb ****. What a sorry attempt to make Peter the hard-luck hero.

I think it wasn't a bad change, about what happened to Flash. No one knows will Flash 'come back' and he has not real personality now, but still it's some change in Marvel world. How many of main characters have gotten something like this?

( sorry bad english )

They ruined Flash as I said in the other thread. Here is a great character, 40 years of development, he has gone from school bully to college rival, disillusioned war hero, budding friend, homewrecker, a wreck, good friend and PETER'S BEST ****ING MAN. Then he gets crippled and paralyzed as he continually fails to make something of his tragic life in DEATH IN THE FAMILY. Listen to that title.

Now they just went "Hm, he's a high school bully again." What the ****?! Why not just kill him off with some dignity then. You can have another PE ******* teacher. Flash should slowly rehabilitated and been an even stronger friend and maybe finaly find some small peace and happiness in a wheel chair with someone special. **** I would love to see the Flash of the '90s react to his best friend (and former rival) turning out to be Spider-Man.

But that is another great aspect Joey Q robbed us of. He hsould know there is a reason MSJ had a character in his DD movie named Jose Quesada who ws an unapologetic rapist who got cut in half by the C train.

If only, if only. Just kidding about the last part though.

The other thing that doesn't make any sense is, why is Peter so pissed and angry at Flash when Flash is only acting this way because he has a mental condition?

DACrowe said:
I would love to see the Flash of the '90s react to his best friend (and former rival) turning out to be Spider-Man.

But that is another great aspect Joey Q robbed us of.

Exactly dude. We were completely robbed of what could have been the second most interesting reaction behind JJJ. Who cares what an amnesiac loser thinks? ARRRRGH!

bbf2 said:
The other thing that doesn't make any sense is, why is Peter so pissed and angry at Flash when Flash is only acting this way because he has a mental condition?

I suppose this falls under the category of "Peter is now a complete ******". He should be more understanding and sympathetic to Flash's condition (even if it's an unbelievable one).

I was upset by the change.

It's just like...years of character development, out the window.

Not to mention I wanted to see Flash's reaction to Peter's unmasking. His reaction NOW, with years of friendship with Flash. Not this completely contrived reaction from the Flash of 1962.

Anybody also notice he looks like he did in high school again?

freemadison said:
I suppose this falls under the category of "Peter is now a complete ******". He should be more understanding and sympathetic to Flash's condition (even if it's an unbelievable one).

Especially since it is (indirectly) his fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"