• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Liefeld Appreciation Thread

I appreciate Rob Leifeld like i appreciate my lazy uncle who comes to stay with me.
I always wondered why heroes with super powers needed so many damn pouches on their costumes.Hawkeye i could understand but not the others! I mean did they keep spare change in all those extra pouches in case they had to take a bus or something. dumb ass designs!

ah, but you see the reason for so many shoulder pads and pouches, is it means less actual anatomy needs to be drawn. Draw a bicep? hmm If I put a massive pouch there I won't need to bother.

It's a wonder Liefield doesnt just draw everyone as giant pouches then.

Giant pouches holding hairdryers.

bump

liefeldor5.jpg

You people are criticizing the M.C. Escher of our generation and you should be ashamed.:o

I'm more bothered by the floating hand/forearm. 10 points to anyone who can identify the thumb.

I was bothered about that too - until I noticed that Cap seems to have a giant piece of Licorice stuck to the undercarriage of his pants.

I think that's his foot. His tiny tiny pesky foot.

(I secretly love Liefeld because of the joy he's brought me over the years....for all the wrong reasons....)

Is it me, or is his left leg looking kinda weird from the knee down? It's like the bottom part isn't attached, and is just sorta glued to the bottom of his thigh.

I guess when it comes down to it; no amount of energy or enthusiasm can make up for the fact that he's a bad artist, and most likely forever will be.

Having said that, if he went to a few life drawing and anatomy lessons - I guess it wouldnt exactly hinder his chances of improving.

I appreciate Rob Liefeld like i appreciate having diarrhea on a mass transit system. what i wanna know is going on with my boys neck. i guess thats suppose to be veins but it looks like he's got scurvy or something! bleah!!!

Uh, let's see, where to begin:
1. Only two fingers on the right hand?
2. The knife is...well, weird
3. Torso is entirely circular= no shoulders
4. Arms are disproportionate and coming out of his back

I like the hair though. Very creative Rob.

Heh dont forget those everloving pouches on his outfit.He's gotta have those. plus "Wulf" what the hell is a "Wulf" oh i see he means "Wolf." you know there were probably some little kid who tragically misspelled wolf on a spelling bee and is scarred for life due to this comicbook. Way to go Mr.Leified.

Leifield is one of the reason i don't like Wolverine now. he did so many feral characters "wildchild", Bloodwulf" and ummm "Feral" trying to maybe get some of wolverine popularity that i got sick of those guys.Again I appreciate Leifield like i appreciate Christmas fruit cake from my Aunt.

I like how Liefeld managed to draw only two pouches

But he compensated by making the bootkneepads X-TREMELY! large.

I'm sure he went all mad about the dustcloud not bein' big enough to cover the guy's feet and he had to draw one

That is if you can call what's been drawn there a "foot." It looks more like a pickle.

I'll never really understand how or why Liefield STILL gets work.

I like how Liefeld managed to draw only two pouches

Hmmmm, Only 2 pouches?

Obviously an attempt to embue a more hightened sense of realism (and thus, credability) to his work.

If so.......

:hehe:

I'd say he's got a tad more work to do in that area, wouldn't you? He needs to brush up a bit on, you know, the little things; anatomy, perpective, foreshortening etc (I wish there was a 'sarcasm' smilie).

It's funny; Liefield gets a lot of criticism for copying other peoples work but here's one book that I don't think people would have a problem with him stealing ideas from:-

how_to.jpg

C'mon Rob - give it a go. You might learn something.

:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"