Liefeld Appreciation Thread

I think we should focus on the positive; there are only three pouches.

The sword is angled wrong.

He's also holding it in the curl of his fingers instead of the palm of his hand.

Technically, the sword looks like it's sitting through his curled fingers, in a hand which isn't making a proper grasping fist.

He's also holding it in the curl of his fingers instead of the palm of his hand.

Technically, the sword looks like it's sitting through his curled fingers, in a hand which isn't making a proper grasping fist.
I knew there was something wrong with that, but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

The blade of the sword isn't centered with the hilt, either.

His latest isn't that bad.

deadpool.jpg

Look at the sword. It's double edged.....until the point.

I have a feeling Liefeld drew it, realized it was wrong, and said "screw it....no one will notice"

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure swords don't do that.

I think we should focus on the positive; there are only three pouches.
We don't see the others that are on the right side of the body. His freakleg is blocking them.

Also, has anyone noticed how every belt Liefeld draws has the same buckle? A circle-thing and a small capsule on both sides.

Man, people love to hate Liefeld and pick apart every little aspect of any piece he does. It's funny because some of the things that have been commented on I've seen other artists guilty of the same thing. I wonder if Liefeld had been a better artist to begin with would people be so apt to try and tear apart every tiny little details of his work.

That being said he's not a good artist he should never have made the money he did and the only improvements lately seem to be because of the colour.

Take this Deadpool. Really the way he grasps the sword and the type of blade not that big a deal and other artists have gotten away with such things before. But there are still serious anatomical issues, though not as glaring as his usual work. He looks like he'd be a pretty stumpy guy. Shortened pelvis and the legs don't look to be the right proportion either. Not to mention the positioning of the upper body just does not read right with what's happening with his lower body.

Where did that cut off hand come from? First the way he's holding that sword it doesn't look like a back swing but the start of an attack. Second if it is a back swing that Skrull had a hand growing out of his neck.

He must have pretty bad depth perception with that eye on the side of his head. He's shooting ahead of him and all the Skrulls he's fighting are underneath or behind him.

I admit this is better than past work, but I have to think the colour guy does a hell of a lot of fixing on these things. Maybe he took some pouches off.

Oh yeah and those strap things Deadpool has all over him (arms and legs) are they actually part of his current costume?

can someone explain the collar piece to me?

What the hell is going on THERE?

haha there was me, thinking it was just an ok picture (for Liefeld standards) and people keeps noticing all the wrong stuff :lmao:

haha there was me, thinking it was just an ok picture (for Liefeld standards) and people keeps noticing all the wrong stuff :lmao:

For Liefeld it is okay, but it still has a lot of mistakes. And for a guy who's been working professionally since the 90's they shouldn't be there.

His ENTIRE back is pouches.

And each pouches has 3 other pouches inside of it.

His ENTIRE back is pouches.

And each pouches has 3 other pouches inside of it.

It's an infinite thing, right..? Like that.. math problem.. I cannot remember.. right now

well. you need all those pouches for Lip balm,mustache comb,extra house key, nose hair tweezers,cat hair lint brush,and those mini listerine packs in case you gotta kiss The Dazzler. those are important things for a superhero.
hehe

Look, it's Liefeld's model...see women really do look like that

maxim_mexico.jpg

:eek: that's sick

Ok, it's just the paper fold

CABL001_covA-copy.jpg

It's a good thing that gun doesn't have a trigger, because his finger couldn't reach it anyhow.

The kid is the same size as the handle of one of those guns. Or Cable's bicep.

Last edited:
Geez, that is some freaky use of "perspective" going on with that knife attached to his boot. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"