Lionsgate "Power Rangers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should there be a Bulk & Skull in the movie?

I actually wonder that myself and a few pages back we were discussing if Bulk & Skull-like characters could work on film such as pointing out the two scientist guys from Pacific Rim as an example.

I remember hearing once that Bulk & Skull were conceived as a way to give comic relief and levity in what supposedly was "heavy-action" for kids at the time. With the new movie, this audience would be very different to what Power Rangers was in the 90's. So are Bulk and Skull even needed? Couldn't the Ranger characters themselves provide the levity?

I wouldn't be crying and protesting if they weren't in the movie as I'm paying to see 5 teenagers with attitude fight off an alien invasion. Heck some of the better seasons, in most opinions like RPM, Time Force, SPD and Lightspeed Rescue for example didn't even have a "Bulk & Skull".

At most, I'd like Bulk and Skull there in one scene bullying Billy in the high school and that's it.

Cool but too Halo looking.

If anyone is interested I wrote a PR reboot script a while ago and wouldn't mind a critique.

Hey man, I wouldn't mind critiqing your PR script. If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, I would love to read it.

I think just having Bulk and Skull make a cameo is the right approach. I don't think they need to go in depth with their characters.

:wow: I think this is the first time i've seen the weapons actually used for combat.

THIS is all I remember from the Classic series everytime they busted out with their weapons. At 1:55:

[YT]vPhywNh9yMk[/YT]

I always liked how every weapon but the Red Ranger's had some obvious projectile capability.

NOT MINE! Power Rangers Movie Poster Poster by GeekTruth64 on deviantART.

power_rangers_movie_poster_1_by_geektruth64-d6tr7rg.jpg

He's done other PR reboot fan art Here's a link:
http://geektruth64.deviantart.com/gallery/40437580/Power-Rangers-Reboot
He's also the one I got the idea for Liam Hemsworth as Jason from.

I don't like those suits. The Megazord is somewhat interesting, though.

I don't believe it given his lack of a career at the moment.

So im interested in what the power rangers power level is. I wad watching a recent episode yesterday ( it was on tv) and one of the bad guys attacks was a planet strike! he threw about 5 planets at Tue rangers and as usual like any other attack they flew back and tumbled around only to get up and dust them selves off. Just how much can they handle?

I would put them on or near the same power level as they did with Iron Man in the movies. I don't think the movie is gonna have one of the bad guys use a planet strike. I think they're gonna keep it pretty simple as far as attacks go.

Yet of course. i don't expect to see a planet strike but there really doesn't seem to be any particular threat that the rangers face that makes any difference to how they react to it.

I mentioned this earlier but how do you want the movie to differentiate between other super hero movies we have seen in the last 5 years. How is this going to be any different to pacific rim or the avengers. It needs something for people to want to spend their money on and i personally don't think the tv series has enough of a reputation for being good that the name it self will sell it.

i want as much as anyone else for this to be a good movie buy i feel if it just realise on following the formulas that action movies have been using lately it will just be a movie that will be forgotten once its released.

Apparently Lionsgate and Jason David Frank will attend Comic Con to present "media and a special guest appearance"... I wonder if it has anything to do with the movie?? A movie title reveal would be nice!

jdfsdcc.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently Lionsgate and Jason David Frank will attend Comic Con to present "media and a special guest appearance"... I wonder if it has anything to do with the movie?? A movie title reveal would be nice!

jdfsdcc.jpg

I'm gonna guess that Jason David Frank is announced as Director and Writer and would be playing every single ranger and his catch phrase would be "Taste the Rainbow!"?:o

Seriously though, it's great that Lionsgate is putting something together for Comic-Con and I can't wait!:yay: I'm gonna guess at this point, the guest appearance would be the Director and Writer as well as a logo plus an approximate release date? I think it would be too soon for a casting announcement.

I'm pretty sure the title's going to be Power Rangers or Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers or something like that right now. I'm also gonna guess that JDF is really there to MC the whole panel and be the host for the whole thing.

Yeah my guess would be title and logo. I'd love a tease at the suits but it's way too early for that :-(.

I imagine the suits would be made a lot closer to the release date.

However the title teaser for the first Iron Man film also showed the suit design. It was an early design though and got changed for the actual film

maybe they can do something similiar here, show early stages y'know :)

I hope they dont go the green lantern route where the suits are cgi. You could tell watching that movie reynolds wasnt fully comfortable not being in an actual suit.

Hey man, I wouldn't mind critiqing your PR script. If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, I would love to read it.

Sure thing. I'll get back at you later tonight.

I really feel like everyone is over thinking the Bulk and Skull thing. Is it really that hard to just see two idiotic or competent bullies in a movie about teenagers fighting aliens?

NOT MINE! Power Rangers Movie Poster Poster by GeekTruth64 on deviantART.

power_rangers_movie_poster_1_by_geektruth64-d6tr7rg.jpg

He's done other PR reboot fan art Here's a link:
http://geektruth64.deviantart.com/gallery/40437580/Power-Rangers-Reboot
He's also the one I got the idea for Liam Hemsworth as Jason from.

Those suits suits look awesome! They're the closest thing to what I pictured modern movie redesigns looking like. The only thing I would change is making them less TDK-ish. And that Megazord look too much like Optimus Prime.
I think just having Bulk and Skull make a cameo is the right approach. I don't think they need to go in depth with their characters.

If they're going for a serious approach, I would probably limit Bulk and Skull to a cameo or skip them altogether.

Last edited:
I don't mind those suits but hate the helmets, I always preferred it when the rangers had mouth pieces like MMPR.

Amy Jo Johnson was the only decent actor of the lot, the rest were awful. Women liked Jason David Frank because he was a hottie not because he could act.

Key emphasis on "was." Still in shape but tatted up. And what's with the soul patch?

I really feel like everyone is over thinking the Bulk and Skull thing. Is it really that hard to just see two idiotic or competent bullies in a movie about teenagers fighting aliens?

Just as long as they don't take us out of the movie and disrupt the pacing. For the kid's show back in the 90's, it was ok as their original purpose on the show was to provide relief from "heavy-catastrophic-action" for children. With this new movie, it would be the typical summer movie crowd who can handle stuff like typical Power Rangers action on screen, so are Bulk & Skull needed?

If they're going for a serious approach, I would probably limit Bulk and Skull to a cameo or skip them altogether.

I agree. I'm not gonna be upset if they skip them altogether.

I hope Tommy's not in the first film, and if he is I hope it's just a cameo at the end of the film. Setting up a "Green With Evil based storyline for the sequel.

I have a question for you all. Do you think the Red Ranger or whoever could get themselves a Battalizer or other armour enhancements?
all_red_ranger_battlizers_by_taiko554-d5zkpxx.png

31321.jpg

Considering that Saban wants to sell toys out of this, then maybe there's a chance but I think it would be a great addition in the sequel especially if the Rangers need a way to fight off the Evil Green Ranger(should they go that way for the sequel).

jdfsdcc.jpg

Uh... Please tell me he's not going to be in the movie :dry:

No matter how serious the adaption is, you always need some funny moments which is what bulk and skull are there for. Their roles in the first movie is what they should be in the reboot.

No matter how serious the adaption is, you always need some funny moments which is what bulk and skull are there for. Their roles in the first movie is what they should be in the reboot.

Right. Bulk and Skull are necessary in my opinion. I mean if they're cut then they're cut but I don't see why they shouldn't be in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"