Lionsgate "Power Rangers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been keeping up with Power Rangers in years but can anyone explain that^?

Love this Zeo Rangers redesign.
zeo_by_davidfernandezart-d7c9g4t.jpg

I haven't been keeping up with Power Rangers in years but can anyone explain that^?

Simply put, the new team of Rangers have the ability to morph into any Ranger team. Past, Present, and apparently future. And even into teams not adapted in the US (explained as "Ranger powers not seen on earth").

If they go for a big name in the role, how about Liam Hemsworth as Jason Lee Scott / Red Ranger?

:wow: I think this is the first time i've seen the weapons actually used for combat.

THIS is all I remember from the Classic series everytime they busted out with their weapons. At 1:55:

[YT]vPhywNh9yMk[/YT]

Cool but too Halo looking.

If anyone is interested I wrote a PR reboot script a while ago and wouldn't mind a critique.

:wow:

That looks incredible! Would not mind at all if we got something like that.

I think the problem with a gritty serious power rangers movie is that it will just look like everything else that has come out in the last 5 years. A team of super powered teenagers in colorful costumes battle aliens with giant robots.

Cool but too Halo looking.

If anyone is interested I wrote a PR reboot script a while ago and wouldn't mind a critique.
More Batman looking since they are wearing Batman's suit

http://www.fansshare.com/news/taylor-lautner-to-play-red-ranger-in-new-power-rangers-movie/

Anyone want to believe this?

Taylor Lautner to play Red Ranger in new Power Rangers movie?

While a lot of people love to slate the Twilight movies, you cannot deny that the franchise was a huge financial success, which also launched the careers of three young and promising stars. Once the last Twilight movie has been released, attention soon turned to the careers of these three stars and where they would go from there. The three stars we are talking about are obviously Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner.

While both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have gone on to prove that there is a lot more life left in their Hollywood careers, with a number of intriguing roles in some rather interesting projects, the career of Taylor Lautner has failed to kick off in the same way. We have seen Taylor in a few projects but nothing compared to what Robert and Kristen have been doing, and we're not sure his rumoured next project is all that impressive.

While everybody of a certain age would have been big fans of the Power Rangers franchise, it is fair to say that it was never really about the acting, which was simply awful at times. It has now been rumoured that Taylor Lautner is in talks to play the role of the Red Ranger in a brand new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie, which could be the beginning of a new franchise.

With Taylor Lautner's acting ability already being called into question after the Twilight movies, we are not sure that going back into another badly acted franchise would be the right move for his career. With that said, if it was done right with all the right people on board, you never know, we could have a new blockbuster with a new action hero on our hands.

If that is true I'd definitely love to see that. I cast Lautner as Jason a few pages back. He's perfect for the role.

If that is true I'd definitely love to see that. I cast Lautner as Jason a few pages back. He's perfect for the role.

Aside from the fact that he can't bloody act his way out of a paper bag, sure.

I wonder how they'll go with this movie, they'll certainly need to impress.

Will he have the same expression on his face for about 90% of the film, though? :hmm

If true, it will give us an idea of what type of actors they're searching for. So Ashley Greene for Kimberly and Kellan Lutz as Tommy. :o

Cant wait to see him hold up his morpher and yell out his animal "LLAMA!"

I can buy Lautner as Jason.

Will he have the same expression on his face for about 90% of the film, though? :hmm

If true, it will give us an idea of what type of actors they're searching for. So Ashley Greene for Kimberly and Kellan Lutz as Tommy. :o

Not condoning the acting skills of the cast of Twilight, but let's face facts here. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was not the benchmark for high caliber acting. Kimberly was probably the best out of all of them.

Not condoning the acting skills of the cast of Twilight, but let's face facts here. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was not the benchmark for high caliber acting. Kimberly was probably the best out of all of them.

I agree. I know this movie keeps getting brought up for comparisons, but looks at the first Transformers, which had such thespians as Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, and Tyrese Gibson, and I loved that movie, so I will be good with that level playing the main cast.

The key thing we need to remember here is when this movie is going to happen. There's a certain amount of time an actor could play a teenager for. So there's a slight chance that they fall out of the age range.

On another note, if this movie is good and is a hit with the crowd who grew up with MMPR then maybe Lautner would be like Zac Efron after Bad Neighbours(as it's called in Australia).

Amy Jo Johnson was the only decent actor of the lot, the rest were awful. Women liked Jason David Frank because he was a hottie not because he could act.

ЯɘvlveR;29019727 said:
by nebezial
red_ranger_high_res_and_free____enjoy____by_nebezial-d6jkcsl.jpg

pacific_ranger_hi_rez__enjoy__i_did_xd_by_nebezial-d6jzuoi.jpg

Love these, they update the look of things well staying true to the original look.

Should there be a Bulk & Skull in the movie? Instead of them just being dimwits & bullies used for a little comic relief maybe they could be a creation of Rita Repulsa's that she uses to spy on the Rangers or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"