"Local Only" Internet Problem, Vista..

Troy_Parker

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm running Windows Vista, and I have a wireless connection to the internet..the thing is, my Laptop connects to the network just fine but instead of the icon saying something like 'Local and Home', it says 'Local Only'..meaning I cant connect to the internet. Does anyone know whats causing this? Thanks..:)

But.. are you using another computer right now..?

Configure your IP address properly on your computer, this happened on my laptop some times, after i set a static IP and DSN server it was ok

Disconnect from your network (right click on the image in your tool bar, select "disconnect"). Reset your modem: unplug it, wait 15 seconds and plug it back in. Then reconnect to the network.

I have comcast, and connect wirelessly as well. This happens to me a couple times a month. I think it has something to do with the amount of data transfer - Comcast puts a cap on your IP and will lock you down if you go over it. So you gotta reset when it happens.

Disconnect from your network (right click on the image in your tool bar, select "disconnect"). Reset your modem: unplug it, wait 15 seconds and plug it back in. Then reconnect to the network.

I have comcast, and connect wirelessly as well. This happens to me a couple times a month. I think it has something to do with the amount of data transfer - Comcast puts a cap on your IP and will lock you down if you go over it. So you gotta reset when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"