Looks like Bush's "Faith-Based Initiatives" is nothing more than BS.

lazur said:
This isn't about race. Someone's race and someone's political beliefs are FAR removed from one another in terms of how you can refer to people.

Question: Dodged.

lazur said:
And, in all fairness, you also realize that people write politically motivated books all the time that have no basis in fact?

This was more than a letter fawning over the President. It *specifically* addressed the "Faith-Based Initiatives" he later criticized in his book.

I do quite understand what you're saying, but this wasn't a "Hey, it was nice working for you" type of letter. He was specific in what he said, and he later contradicted it. If he wanted to maintain credibility for a book later on to tell "the real story", he certainly didn't help himself by being that specific in his letter.

And again, the core of my problem with this whole thing - it's NOT about Bush. It's about Rove. As I said, Bush should be called out on Rove, one of his staffers, getting out of line (if indeed the book is even accurate, that is), but that's about all the blame he should take in this, as far as I can see from what everyone's describing the book as talking about (since I've not read it, nor do I plan to).

just as i suspected. you're quick to write off anyone who speaks out against this administration, regardless of their standing within the federal government in the past. you can squirm and spin and present your opinion as fact all you like, but there's a large portion of the american population who don't see it your way. i'm convinced that nothing would sway you into thinking the current administration has been anything less than honest, completely forthright and omnisciently brilliant in their policies.

lazur said:
Please don't act like you don't engage in similar tactics when addressing "neo cons".

What is this, a pity party? Someone need a hug?

Quit being so hyper sensitive.

i didn't bring it up, i was just giving my opinion on it. how many times have i used the term "neo-con" recently? how many people on the hype have described themselves as being neo-cons? when have i attributed your statements to other neo-cons?

sinewave said:
just as i suspected. you're quick to write off anyone who speaks out against this administration, regardless of their standing within the federal government in the past. you can squirm and spin and present your opinion as fact all you like, but there's a large portion of the american population who don't see it your way. i'm convinced that nothing would sway you into thinking the current administration has been anything less than honest, completely forthright and omnisciently brilliant in their policies.

No one's writing off anyone. All I'm saying is that I don't take some guy's book as the Gospel the way you do.

I never said the book isn't accurate. I said that the guy writing the book has a problem with credibility given his contradicting letter.

But hey, you hate Bush, so you're willing to believe anything that confirms your hate. That's YOU - not me. Don't mistake my objectivity for your lack therein.

lazur said:
Yeah, but Sinewave is a self-admitted liberal. I don't see how my calling him what he admits to being is a problem.

:whatever:

jag

lazur said:
No one's writing off anyone. All I'm saying is that I don't take some guy's book as the Gospel the way you do.

I never said the book isn't accurate. I said that the guy writing the book has a problem with credibility given his contradicting letter.

But hey, you hate Bush, so you're willing to believe anything that confirms your hate. That's YOU - not me. Don't mistake my objectivity for your lack therein.

Alright, let me ask you this, would you react the same way if someone challenged a Democrat administration in this way?

So many people have come out and spoken out against them, yet you find a way to write off everything as sour grapes or being opportunistic. What would cause you to question this administration's credibility?

lazur said:
I'm not sure why libs consider "lib" a dirty word. If someone called me a "con", I wouldn't take offense.

ok here's why. have you EVER used the term "lib" in a positive sense here? If so, please point to the place on these boards where you have done so. thank you.

If you cannot, then there. that is my reason,. self evident. It's not what lib considers that matters- its how YOU intend it to be taken. and you use it perjoratively.

besides, im a liberservative, we're different.

punk.

sinewave said:
i didn't bring it up, i was just giving my opinion on it. how many times have i used the term "neo-con" recently? how many people on the hype have described themselves as being neo-cons? when have i attributed your statements to other neo-cons?

no answer to this, lazur? man, you cons never own up to your mistakes, do you? :yay:

sinewave said:
Alright, let me ask you this, would you react the same way if someone challenged a Democrat administration in this way?

Yes, I absolutely would and have. I used to defend Clinton against my dad constantly back in the 90's. I voted for him TWICE. What part of that is so hard to understand?

What, if someone doesn't take a HARD LINE stance against Bush, they must be a blindly conservative nutjob?

I choose to believe in the decency of ALL people. I believe Bush is doing what he feels is the right thing, just as I believed the same thing of Clinton even through the scandals. I wasn't for impeaching him, but my dad was. I wasn't for the ridicule he received from the "vast right wing", but my dad was. Clinton did a lot of things wrong, but he also did a lot of things right. I can look at him, just as I can look at Bush now, and say without a doubt that he was the right man for the job at the time. I can over look the mistakes and intead view the BIG PICTURE. Has Bush screwed up? Yes. But he's also done some pretty amazing things, even IF those on the "left" choose to engage in short term memory loss for the express purpose of political expediency.

It goes both ways.

sinewave said:
So many people have come out and spoken out against them, yet you find a way to write off everything as sour grapes or being opportunistic. What would cause you to question this administration's credibility?

I'm sorry, but I don't even know what you're talking about. Who has spoken against who? Some guy writes a book, which completely contradicts what he said earlier, and you claim "so many people"?? You listed TWO people (including THIS guy) and you said there was a "large number" of people claiming that this administration is imcompetent and dishonest.

You do realize that some members of EVERY administration do this, right?

sinewave said:
no answer to this, lazur? man, you cons never own up to your mistakes, do you? :yay:

It's called stepping away from the computer and having a life. Try it sometime.

But now that I am back, I'm not going to dig up your old posts where you pretty much call all conservatives corrupt. If you want that, go find it yourself.

And do yourself a favor, my LIBERAL friend, get off your high and mighty kick, for you are HARDLY in ANY position to be critical of how one person regards another politically.

Watch out for Captain Baseball Bat Boy, and Bicycle Helmet Girl.

lazur said:
It's called stepping away from the computer and having a life. Try it sometime.

But now that I am back, I'm not going to dig up your old posts where you pretty much call all conservatives corrupt. If you want that, go find it yourself.

And do yourself a favor, my LIBERAL friend, get off your high and mighty kick, for you are HARDLY in ANY position to be critical of how one person regards another politically.

i accept your apology,

ps - learn to take a joke, you big baby. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"