• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

LOTR's Gollum used to find owner of found ring

Teelie

Fish Food
Reaction score
Nice sense of humor they have there. Someone really got their pun on.

We're all looking for ways to jazz up our January and the boys in blue at Solihull Police Station are no different. Faced with the task of reuniting a stolen ring with its owner, officers obviously didn't have much luck with this tweet:

We are trying to reunite this precious ring with it's rightful owner, do you recognise it? http://t.co/GzjycxIwAr
— Solihull Police (@SolihullPolice) January 13, 2014

So they got creative, calling on the skills of Middle Earth's most notorious jewellery thief...

We’re looking for the rightful owner of the suspected stolen ring, already had to turn this man away: pic.twitter.com/2pC3rAx6Af

And as IF we needed further proof that Detective Constable Tom Finch and the folk on the beat in Solihull are absolute legends, they followed up their efforts with this Tolkien-tastic pun:

We apologise for the ‘Ring’ puns today, it’s difficult to break the hobbit.

Bravo, good sirs.
Radio Times

To anyone not from the UK, the resonance of the Burberry cap is that it is the hallmark of the "Chav". That comes close to profiling!

Aw, isn't that...

PREEEEEEESSSSHHHHUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS :awesome:

boo-this-man.gif

Jk, I found it quite humorous. Can anyone Gimli some more puns?

(One time, I walked up to a girl in a LOTR shirt and said "Can you Gimli your number?" Needless to say...I left empty handed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"